Southeastern Timetable Bug Reports Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 10, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I thought I'd make a thread so people can list their issues which may they have with the timetable. Be it arriving and/or departing late. dwell times too long, pathing issues, etc. It can all be posted in here, to avoid multiple individual threads, to prevent cluttering up the main discussion section.

Try to explain your issue in as much detail as possible, as well as explain what and where the issue occurs...

For me, I have experienced a pathing bug with 2L87 London Charing Cross to Rainham, driving the 375.

It all goes fine until I depart Strood. I am then given a red signal at the junction as an AI train is given priority into Rochester. That too is late into the station so it causes a knock on effect. I assume its because it doesn't spawn out of the portal early enough, causing it late into Rochester Station. This subsequently causes me to wait a red signals and arrive into Rochester around 7 minutes late. By the end of the journey I was 7 minutes late arriving.

Whilst it caused me to be late, and may not be technically accurate, it was interesting to have to wait at red signals, as well as passing a variety of signals at caution (yellow), keeping your wits about.

I tried this service twice, to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but the inevitable happened again, at the same time and location.

Again, post your issues below so DTG can gain enough information as possible and hopefully resolve these issues.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Were you late in Strood? The system works this way: a train is given green signals 3 blocks ahead (that's why on the HUD you see the next signal yellow and then it turning green), so if you were late you may have not obtained the "Rochester bridge junction" signal cleared because you were 3 signals away from it ( = at the signal between the two Strood tunnels) and the priority was given to the other train (when it spawns, it is given a path at least into Rochester old station, with the Rochester bridge junction home signal being green, Rochester entry signal being double yellow, Rochester departure signal held at single yellow and Rochester Layby sidings (old Rochester station) departure signal set at red.

3. londonmidland

Nope, I was on time on both occasions. The AI service which gets priority is always late into Rochester regardless of what I’m doing.

4. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen this as well, the dispatcher wrongly allows a service to Gillingham that's supposed to arrive after you out in front of you. Your service is then held up while it sits at Rochester for a few minutes. If you are watching the PIS at Chatham station while this is happening you will notice that the order the trains arrive in is different to what is shown on the PIS, because the PIS shows the order of services in the timetable rather than the order they actually arrive.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Last night I was having a ride as a passenger, as I do sometimes, on a class 395 service from St. Pancras. I decided to alight at Strood, the train was still moving and entering the station, for some reason I decided to click on the doors knowing they wouldn't open as we were moving, however they did! I imagine that probably shouldn't happen! I am afraid I can't remember which service it was but it was around 8:30 in the morning.

It reminded me of the days of slam door DMU's on my local line when you would open the doors whilst the train was still moving as it entered a station.

I might try it again tonight.

6. londonmidland

I think this is a known bug with the 395, allowing you to open the doors whilst in motion. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Ah okay thanks, well that's good to know then.

8. piperjack2096

piperjack2096 New Member

We will update this thread with information as soon as we have it

9. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I've found when riding as a passenger the pantograph on the 395 is still raised passed ebbsfleet international