South Western Railway - London Waterloo To Windsor And Eton Riverside

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by surreychuff#3060, Feb 8, 2021.

1. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

So, I think this route would work well within TSW2 and enable a mix of fast, semi-fast and stopping services.

Firstly, these services mainly run from the old Eurostar platforms at WAT, so there would only be a requirement to model a much smaller portion of the station.

The run itself is interesting, as you snake out of Central London passed the London Eye and MI6 building, before arriving into the far end of Clapham Junction. The route then takes you over the Thames at Richmond and through Twickenham.

At Staines the line splits and longer distance services run on to Weybridge, Woking and Reading... The simulation for these services could end at Staines after a a good 30 min semi-fast or non-stop run.

Meanwhile, the line to WNR continues for a further 15 minutes, taking you passed the Wraysbury and Queen Mother reservoirs to the west of Heathrow Airport, through the quaint Surrey country towns of Sunnymeads and Datchet, before you arrive into Windsor and Eton Riverside, with the Thames and Eton on your right and at the foot of Windsor Castle looming on your left.

Through to Windsor you’d have a choice of the newer class 701 and 707 as well as the longer in tooth class 455. For the long distance services, the 458.

I think you’d have to give up the Hounslow loop, as this would just be too much to develop for one route add-on, but I think the core route would make for a varied mix of commuter and fast running on some loco types we don’t yet have in the game.

what do you reckon?

• Like Like x 15
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. B3N

B3N Active Member

agreed

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrquicko

mrquicko Member

I think this would be a great route as its not too long for tsw2 as in time or distance and if one of the dovetail team sees this comment you should seriously think about doing this route

• Like Like x 2
  5. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

My neck of the woods, would be happy to help with this one too seeing as it would be a day in my life as a driver!

• Like Like x 1
  6. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

We could repaint the 707 to thameslink livery in the livery designer or to southeastern since SWT gave some to southeastern

7. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Would love to see more uk routes,their fun to operate on and literally have a vast variety of scenery ,but as an American may i please ask for you to provide some pictures of route and the rolling stock?That will help not just me but others who are unfamiliar with your suggestion respectively.IF you could even post YouTube link,thank you