Stations And Train Size

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by casssp, Feb 11, 2021.

1. casssp

casssp Member

Hi,

I have been following the forum through readings since I bought it at launch in early 2018, and upgraded to 2020 Collection. I always had two questions that I couldn't find the answers to:

1 - is it possible to know how many stations or which stations will I stop before selecting the service?

2 - is it possible to know the size of the train before starting? I know that in some services they are smaller or larger.

Thanks...

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ad 1 here
    ad 2 when you pause the game you can see the parameters of the train, including its length
    Yeah, I know :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. casssp

casssp Member

Well, I thought I could see through the ingame menus, but okay, it helps a lot.

I like to do passenger transport but with few stops, like express. I don't like to stop all the time.

Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

:)

About German stuff

1. Choose a locomotive (train).
    2. Check out in-menu services names - from less to more stops (if the name includes):

IC / InterCity Start-Stop services / 403 406 trains
    RE / Regional Express limited stops services / 143 146 some 4xx trains
    RB / local passengers all stations services (except S-Bahn stations) / like above ~
    S / S-Bahn stations / 4xx series trains (non-IC)

Everything above is just a simple generalization. But, It should be enough :) BR \o/

just so simple

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. casssp

casssp Member

Honestly, I followed your instructions and I couldn't find the filters you mentioned. Am I missing something?

Edit: Ah yes, I think I understand, you mean ingame! Now I understand!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. casssp

casssp Member

In the case of LIRR there is no way, I need to check one by one through the link you sent. But no problem, I'll search! I'm not lazy, it's just that I never really liked to stop at all times, I find it more interesting and fun a trip with few stops, like some NEC, LIRR and Peninsula services for example.

Well, thanks! :):)

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

LIRR isn't my jurisdiction :D

ZeenozPlays, You seem to be very solid when it comes to knowledge of US passenger trains. Help us, pls. We are thinking about LIRR train types \o/

• Like Like x 1
  8. casssp

casssp Member

No problems! The site is being very useful to choose the services that I like!