PlayStation My Somewhat Heated Passion For Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In recent posts, I’ve been more vocal about issues than I have been in the past. This comes from a true passion for TSW and wanting it to be the very best it can be, rather than to be a LOVE about things just for the sake of being a LOVE.

In making those posts, I’ve tried my best not to make things personal and to be as objective as I possibly can be and I hope that it has never come across as being personal to any single person within DTG.

I am truly appreciative of the work DTG Natster, DTG Protagonist and DTG Jamie do to help get the feedback listened too and for engaging with the community the way that they do. It must be a soul destroying job at times, when all you are reading is negativity.

I am also truly appreciative of TrainSim-Matt and TrainSim-Adam and the rest of the DTG team for bringing TSW to us and for Matt and Adam in particular for also engaging with the community. I’ve unfairly suggested that DTG doesn’t really care about TSW, but it is absolutely clear that everyone does care and works hard to bring us the TSW experience.

I know I’ve tagged a lot of people in this post (perhaps unnecessarily), but I really wanted it known that I am really grateful - despite my whinging.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I also have the same appreciation for it as you mention here. I quite enjoy the streams, the interaction etc etc. The first run I did back in the original TSW was on GWE in the 166 and I remember thinking how on earth will I remember all the controls. Fast forward a couple of years and mainly due to the interaction of the team you mention, watching Matt's personal channel streams and the DTG streams I can now use PZB on all the German routes no problem.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

It's obvious that DTG just care about producing more things that make them money.

Reason?

How many bugs still exist in TSW ONE? A lot.

Then with each DLC comes more bugs. Rather than fix, "Hey, here's another DLC!". Like you can't even change gear on the old diesel commuter train without having the inside view, something so simple and they haven't sorted still.

The problem is they don't give a because they're the biggest train sim on the market, and the only proper one on consoles. So they have the monopoly and for that, they can act like E.A.

Edited by DTG Natster - Watch your language.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

SimRail is the only hope left!
    If that turns out also a blunder than I leave this hobby and drive a truck

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

hopefully it might to console, and if it's good, it'll make DTG give more of a damn about their customers.

Still waiting on a refund for the SEHS DLC, request was put in last week and not heard anything back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

If that is PS4 you have no chance of a refund. And why should they?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Why are you here? You have a choice. You are saying all this and yet choosing to buy DTG's product. You think you are delivering some sort of damning indictment? You're not, you're just loudly announcing to everyone you pay for a product that makes you this miserable. Find another hobby.

• Like Like x 10
  8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You can only expect a refund if the product does not work, which it clearly does. You can’t demand a refund because you don’t like aspects of it. Sony might offer a refund at their discretion but you shouldn’t complain if you don’t get one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for sim rail personally

10. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

They literally have a team dedicated to working on fixes for existing content. If they didn't keep releasing new routes then all you'd hear would be complaints about why they're not making more routes. Also you really can't call them out on wanting to produce things that make them more money, that's the point of almost every single business on the planet, do you complain about McDonald's for selling food?

• Like Like x 10
  11. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Most, if not everyone is here because they like trains. They will have put in hundreds of hours playing and no doubt spent hundreds of pounds on content.

Some people have said you have a choice, well that's not entirely true if you own a console because as far as I'm aware, if you want your fix of trains it has to be a DTG product.

Neither is it as simple as saying, find another hobby. If you like something and generally enjoy it, ditching it isn't that simple. You could maybe look at model railways, but they're more expensive and need a hell of a lot more space than a console and screen.

Personally I believe DTG have more recently been putting quantity ahead of quality. I know a business needs cashflow, but other companies, SCS for example, aren't turning out a new DLC every couple of weeks. They're a similar sized company to DTG. They may have 3 times more PC players but they're not in the console market and their DLC's are about a third of the cost of a DTG route.

If people don't complain and just accept everything that DTG does, there wouldn't be the preserved collection as it is now. It would have been totally disregarded.

If people hadn't complained about the state of SEHS after the first stream, then that's what you would have got.

Yes there are people who complain a lot, and I will raise my hand that I have had no qualms about taking them to task in the past. But, without those people, TSW would have been in a worse place than it is now. I'm not saying it's bad in any way but it could have been a lot worse.

All companies that make a product are in it for the money, but if they want mine, they are going to have to earn it. I'm not just going to give it to them regardless. I didn't acquire it for nothing, it wasn't just given to me, I had to work for it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  12. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Everyone's passion is clear, and it's passion that drives the product forwards both from us and from you.

As i'm tagged, I just wanted to say thank you to the Original Poster, it's appreciated. We recognise that the posts come from a place of massively wanting to see the best, the greatest sim you can imagine and that's great because that's what we want to - we're all on the same train :)

Don't be shy with your feedback, we listen to it and I believe we react to a lot of it even if it perhaps isn't as fast as we all might like.

I specifically read the forums because I want to read about what people like, AND what people wish was better. "like" tells me what we should do more of, but "wish was better" helps me understand where peoples priorities are and how you want to see things improved.

As long as feedback is constructive I'll take it all day long.

Thanks for all your support folks :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

We were told we'd get a day one patch were we not? I can get a refund on something that's not functioning correctly.

14. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

Missed my point completely.

15. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

Why? Because it's not working. Loads of bugs. I put my faith in DTG for the last time, maybe one day I'll buy more DLC and hope they don't put quantity over quality.

This forum has too many people who don't seem to understand the concept that not everyone is happy with something.

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Or who understand the concept that some are not happy with anything.

• Like Like x 5
  17. jackrose1989

jackrose1989 Member

Is this aimed at myself?

18. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Nothing wrong with voicing your criticism. Just shows how much you like the game! I'd rather have detailed criticism from passionate fans, than just the generic "it's alrite that"

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. Of course it is working. You expecting a refund because in your view it is not working is like taking a can of beans back because they don't match your taste buds.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

No we weren't. If you listened carefully, they never said it was a day one patch, they just said it was coming very, very soon.

• Like Like x 2
  21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Actually, Sam originally said in the Festival of Trains stream that there would be a day one patch but this was very soon changed to coming soon. He did also say (which was confirmed in a reply to me by Natalie in another thread) that the patch would be within days rather than weeks.

I therefore expect a patch before next Thursday, at which time we enter the realms of “weeks” (i.e. weeks = more than one week). However, I would prefer it to be later and right than on time and still buggy. If it were to be a longer wait, I would appreciate an explanation as to what the problem is (e.g. has QA found a problem and sent it back to fix).

• Like Like x 1
  22. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Is your real name Alan Thompson? Haha

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No lol.

24. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Completely agree, they've done an incredible job. We're all passionate about it.

• Like Like x 1