Out Of All London Underground Routes, Which Would You Want?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by B3N, Feb 9, 2021.

1. B3N

B3N Active Member

title explains the question

I would like the district line as it uses the more modern trains

• Like Like x 5
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

id like central line with hainult loop and ealing broadway tied in with gwr

• Like Like x 3
  3. mrquicko

mrquicko Member

metropolitan line

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

All of them. Lol.

FR Though, I'd take all of the Subsurface Lines, specifically the Circle/H&C.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tasr

Tasr Member

Metropoliton 100%

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

I agree, all, but I prefer the Jubilee

• Like Like x 3
  7. ZeenozPlays

I love the ‘96 Stock on that line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nidhish Inumala

Agreed, love the sound of it. I also like canary wharf.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hypz

Hypz Active Member

Metropolitan Line

10. george#8713

george#8713 Well-Known Member

Jubilee line or northern line

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Northern Line followed by Central Line, but need to be set somewhat historically, i.e. pre ATO era.

12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'd like a Circle, H&C and District Mega-route. But with the D stock and the older Circle and H&C Stock. Similar to WoS3 but not just the circle.

13. Tasr

Tasr Member

It would be cool but that's too much for 1 DLC, they'd have to do all three lines seperately

14. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I would like to the the central line, because this is the line I have mostly used in London

15. ZeenozPlays

They could probably do the Circle and H&C in one DLC. Most of the H&C is already covered by the Circle.

16. BenS123

BenS123 New Member

For me it would definitely be the Jubilee, Piccadilly or Victoria. Judging from the absolute success and accuracy of the Bakerloo Line, I think another line would be great at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tasr

Tasr Member

I think having the 2009 stockwouldbe cool, though I'm not sure it would be that exciting to drive due to the fact it has ATO, maybe if they modeled the 1967-stock though... Personally I think cut and cover/sub surface would be better

18. Hypz

Hypz Active Member

Piccadilly is another great one I would love to see

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nidhish Inumala

They should add the district line- It is nice and big and there is already part of it modeled (The GWML part).

20. ZeenozPlays

Personally, I think the Piccadilly will be next (If they make another Underground Route) due to it's similarities with the BKL, also in the interview with Geoff Marshall, Matt mentioned that they were originally doing the Piccadilly, but switched to the BKL early in development, maybe that means they wanted to see how a smaller and easier to make route would do, before creating a longer line.

I wouldn't want the Piccadilly to be next, as I'm more of a fan of the Subsurface Lines, but I'd definitely buy a Piccadilly Line route.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tasr

Tasr Member

Definitly I'd buy it, but I think I'd be happier with a cut and cover

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Nidhish Inumala

I disagree with the preferences, I think that deep-level underground lines would be better because the trains on them are quite good, and usually station tile patterns are nice.

23. ZeenozPlays

Most people that like the Underground, usually like the Deep Level Lines. Most people that play TSW, don't really like Subway Systems the way some of us do, which is why a Subsurface Route is more popular.

Also, the way DTG handled the lighting while being in the tunnels was unrealistic, and maybe people don't want to have that experience again, and picked a Subsurface Line because of the bigger cut & cover tunnels that are (in some parts) well lit.

Finally, IMO, the Subsurface Lines are more interesting. Take the Met for example, it has a shared Express/Local section with the Jubilee between Finchley Road and Wembley Park, and a Fast/All Stations section to Moor Park, plus, it has multiple branch lines, and an amazing piece of traction to go on the line. Overall, that sounds more fun than making frequent stops in a dark tunnel with no light in sight. Oh, and also, the Deep Level Tube lines have ATO that is almost always on, while most of the Subsurface Lines are still in the process of having ATO implemented and are currently just operating under CBTC Manual.

24. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely prefer a sub-surface route, rather than another deep level tube.

Bakerloo is a nice route to run, but once you've driven through a tunnel, emerged into a station, then gone back into another tunnel, I'm not sure I'd shell out £25 for another route along the same lines. Sure, there would be different stock and stations, but it would be too similar for me.

The problem for DTG will be the sheer amount of stations that need modelling. This in itself is a big task, but couple that with modelling much more scenery than a deep level tube route, and I can't help but think we won't be seeing more tube lines any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Tasr

Tasr Member

I think the 'problem' with another deep level line is that it may have a different stock, but realistically it's just like driving the same route again. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the Bakerloo line. But I'd rather pay £25 for a completely different underground line like the Met than a slightly different route like the Piccadilly line.

• Like Like x 3
  26. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

True
    And with Deep Level it’s harder to get things accurate in the Underground section. Like Signal placement, Platforms(Some deep level platforms dip down)

• Like Like x 1
  27. UnlimitedMagic

They should have stuck with the Piccadilly line. Way more open sections. e.g. Hatton Cross - Barons Court and the Uxbridge branch. That’s probably half the route which is approx 20miles or so.

• Like Like x 1
  28. UnlimitedMagic

It’s possible
    The District Line is 40miles. Plus the H&C line which is 15miles. But the section between Aldgate East and barking is shared by the two lines taking away approximately 5 or 6 miles. So the section between Aldgate - Hammersmith is approximately 9 - 10 miles. So that only makes 49 - 50 miles in total. You don’t have to add any miles from the circle line since it shares track with the 2 lines.

People would say that the number of stations could be a problem but I’m not sure

• Like Like x 2
  29. Nidhish Inumala

I agree with you you guys have said about deep-level. My wish is that if we get sub-surface, it should be a Circle, District, and H&C combo, and should all be in one DLC if possible for the next-gen consoles for those who have them, and three lower price DLC's for people with the older generation (Like me, with an Xbox 1S)

Edit: It could also be three full price DLC's, and one DLC with 3x the cost. Also, on a side note, S Stock trains are tied for my 2nd favorite LU stock with the 2009 Stock (First is the beautiful '96 stock).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  30. UnlimitedMagic

I’d gladly pay £45 if needed for the H&C, District and Circle Line combo

• Like Like x 3
  31. Nidhish Inumala

Whatever the equivalent is in USD, I would pay for it (If my parents allow me- did I mention that I am not even 13)

32. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'd really like he District line from Edgware Road to Wimbledon. Although I'm biased with the route it would be awesome if the Bakerloo line overlapped with the District. For example the Bakerloo line stops at Paddington, wouldn't it be cool if you could then change at Paddington and goto like Fulham Broadway?

• Like Like x 1
  33. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, and I would've loved to see Heathrow Airport depicted in the game. Also, that express section with the District would've been fun.

• Like Like x 1
  34. ZeenozPlays

I doubt they'd include all three (I'd expect them to only include the Circle & H&C Lines), but I'd overpay for a route like that, given that it is completely finished and polished.

35. Nidhish Inumala

Pls don't include Heathrow, I would just fin as many faults as possible with it (But do include it otherwise I would find worse faults).

Also, I had made a thread in which there could be portals- for example you could switch from GWE to BKL at Paddington, also that could be used if all underground lines are added.

36. Nidhish Inumala

Agreed- I think we are ready to pay extra for two full routes

• Like Like x 1
  37. Tasr

Tasr Member

I think the met would be more interesting, due to it's history, but I personally would rather pay £25 for 1 line really well done, than a mega route for £45 that probably wouldn't be as polished. Having said that, if they had all 4 sub surface lines in one combo, I'd buy it no matter the price, but it would have to be well polished. I think I'm biased towards the met because it's my favourite, realistically I'm going to buy any underground route (or overground route if it happens) that DTG create, because the London Underground is my favourite of any system. I don't really care for them being all connected (i.e. going from Paddington GWE to Paddington BL), but I really would love to have more LU routes

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  38. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Tasr Iid love to see the District as I said above but wouldn't mind any Tube route TBH but it would be interesting if it was linked by a station, like Paddington for example.
    DTG said on stream they are not against doing any long route so long as it is interesting. I would guess there is a market for another Tube route and linking it to make it a long one would make it very interesting but going by what we have got so far I doubt it.

39. Jackal

Jackal New Member

Piccadilly Line with 1959 Stock. I posted this on the TS suggestion page also. It has a nice mixture of underground and above ground stations.
    I grew up riding this line during the 60's and 70's. Heck, my high school was next to one of the stations! lol