Route Suggestion: Hannover Stadtbahn C-strecke (tram + U-bahn)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by anas.hera, Feb 12, 2021.

?
  1. Of course I’d want to buy it!

68.0%
  2. Only if it was on a sale.

20.0%
  3. I wouldn’t want to buy it.

12.0%
  1. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

**NOTE: I don’t plan on doing Hannover routes any longer but I feel like this route is very scenic and unique which is why I’m putting this forward as a suggestion!**

[​IMG]
    Description: The Hannover Stadtbahn is a network owned by Üstra which blends Trams with the U-Bahn in the city of Hannover and adjacent districts such as Langenhagen, Garbsen etc. It is made up of 4 sections, the A lines (Lines 1,2 and 8; 18 whenever the Messe is active), the B lines (3,7 and 9), the C lines (lines 4,5,6 and 11; 16 whenever the Messe is active) and D lines (10,17). This suggestion shall focus around the C lines - which is overall around 40-45 km long.

[​IMG]
    Line 4 (Roderbruch - Garbsen): Line 4 starts in the east in the district of Roderbruch. It then moves westwards past the market, medicine school, Misburger Straße and the Karl-Weichert-Allee station before meeting with Line 5 in Nackenberg. It then begins moving on the streets until it reaches Kantplatz where it begins moving between the two road lanes. Shortly after that, it meets Line 11 east of Clausewitz Straße, and Line 6 west of Clausewitz Straße. After that, it goes underground to Braunschweiger Platz where it continues to move westwards until it reaches the A Lines in Aegidientorplatz. Following this, it moves northwest to Kröpcke - the largest and most significant station of the network where it meets all the other lines except for the Line D. After 2 more stations, it seperates from lines 6 &11 and rises aboveground again just outside the Leibniz Universität. Following this, it becomes very scenic as it goes past the famous Herrenhäuser Gardens and past lush parks and forests until it goes back onto the roads for shortly at Herrenhaüser Markt and at Bahnhof Leinhausen. It continues northwards past the Fuhsestraße depot. After Freudenthalstraße, the Line 5 seperates. It continues in its north-western direction. At Jädekamp, it moves between the River Leine and Mittellandkanal in a north-western direction past scenic rural forests until it passes over the Mittellandkanal and into the Auf Der Horst where it enters the Garbsen district. After 3 stations, it reaches the endpoint Garbsen in a beautifully designed station.

Line 5 (Anderten - Stöcken): The Line 5 starts in the eastern Anderten district. As it exits the district westernly, you go past the popular and scenic Tiergarten where it transitions onto the streets. Following this, it goes between two gardens where it meets with Line 4 in Nackenberg. It follows the Line 4 until Freudenthalstraße where it enters the Stöcken district and moves north besides Hogrefestraße past 1 station until it reaches the endpoint Stöcken. There is a turning loop at Stöcken which makes it an unusual station.

Line 6 (Messe Ost - Nordhafen): The Line starts in the complex Messe Ost station. It moves northward in a quick pace past rural fields until the Krügerskamp where it goes past rich complexes in scenic neighbourhoods. After Feldbuschwende, it sharply bends left until it moves into the unique Brabeckstraße station which is underground with no roof - looks pretty weird. Following this, it moves past football (soccer) fields and suburban neighbourhoods as the track blends in with the grass with a green texture - in my opinion it fits the landscape very well. As the landscape turns more rural, and the line starts moving in a north-westernly direction it meets the large children’s hospital into a more modern area. After this, it bends northward where it meets with the other C lines at Clausewitzstraße. It follows the C line until after Steintor where it and the Line 11 stay underground into the Christuskirche and Kopernikusstraße where it goes back above ground where it moves onto narrow streets where it eventually waves goodbye to the Line 11 at Haltenhoffstraße. It then stays on the road past Bahnhof Nordstadt and goes past urban neighbourhoods until Hainhölzer Markt where it moves between the two road lanes onto Krepenstraße. After Beneckallee it begins moving into sports pitches and suburban neighbourhoods until it reaches the endpoint of Nordhafen, right beside bustling industries and the Mittellandkanal.

Line 11 (Zoo-Haltenhoffstraße): It starts right beside the Zoo which is sandwiched by forests from most directions. It then goes southward past the luxurious and modern Congress Centrum. Shortly after, it meets with the other lines at Clausewitzstraße. It follows Line 6 until station An Der Strangriede where it moves parallel with the plentiful tracks and the yard at Bahnhof Nordstadt westernly; past the Nordstadt Hospital until - after no stations - it reaches the endpoint Haltenhoffstraße.

Line 16 (Messe Ost - Königsworther Platz): It starts alongside the Line 6 and follows it around until after Steintor where it moves with the Line 4 and 5 shortly until it reaches the underground station Königsworther Platz right before the ramp beside the university. This line is only active whenever the Messe is on and is therefore out of use for the majority of the year.

Rolling Stock:

TW 6000: The TW 6000 is a green, 3 car long Tram/Train set built by Duwag and Linke-Hofmann-Busch between 1974-1993. Nowadays, it is slowly showing its age and is therefore getting cleared out very quickly. It is only rarely used in the C lines whenever there is a shortage of trains (accidents, faults etc) or whenever the Messe is on where there is an extra demand for trams. DTG could model it but it’d practically be useless so there’s not much point. Outside the C lines, it is only used in Line 18 (Only at Messe, similar to line 16) and Line 9.

[​IMG]

TW 2000/2500: This is a grey tram/train which 3 cars long and built for the purpose of carrying many passengers for the EXPO 2000. They were built by Linke-Hofmann-Busch and stay prevalent today. They are used mainly on Lines 6 & 11 as they can accompany street-level platforms which are still on the two lines. This should definitely be modelled if this route is implemented.

[​IMG]

TW 3000: These are the newest tram/trains on the route, built by Vossloh Kiepe and Alstom and are 2 cars long. They were constructed to replace the ageing TW 6000s. They have adopted the same colour design (green, black and white with hints of orange) as the Üstra buses. The doors cannot bring in passengers in street-level platforms so they only stick to routes where all the stations have high platforms - which is Üstra’s plan for the near future. They are prevalent on Lines 4 & 5.

[​IMG]

Conclusion/Why I believe this route should be added:
    In conclusion, I have suggested this route because it has a very unique mix of on-the-street operations, beside street operations and underground operations - which is quite rare in the world. It is also filled with urban, suburban and rural scenery in pretty much all the Lines, with old and new neighbourhoods, rich and poor areas and lush greenery! Not to mention the beautifully made stations as well. I hope that DTG do take this route into hand and put it onto the roadmap as it’d become the first of its type in TSW 2.

Once again, thanks for reading and have a good day! :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. nsbtog18

nsbtog18 Well-Known Member

This should be added in Tram Sim:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think there shouldn't be a tramway and other subways until the road and traffic system gets a lot better and the dispatcher can handle more than a train every 20 minutes (like BKL)

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am not in trams too much :) Very nice photos. Very very nice. BR

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

This route looks very interesting, I don't normally buy Germany routes but this has definitely caught my eye, it sounds so interesting. It is very different to the other German routes as well so I could see it getting lots of interest.