Help With Csx Sand Patch Grade

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by arandomaccoun04, Feb 12, 2021.

1. arandomaccoun04

arandomaccoun04 New Member

I cant move the CSX sand patch grade at all. I've release all brakes, waited for them to go down completely and set the reverser. Still can't get the train to move. Am I missing anything?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

All right-

1) is this a single locomotive, or is it coupled to another? When driving a Multiple Unit, both cabs need to be set up for it or else, at best, you're dragging the trail unit as dead weight, and in some cases it might actually be working against you.

OH! Just remembered this one, because it's such an automatic thing for me now. Look at the control stand and you will see three slider switches marked "Engine Run," "Fuel Pump/Control" and "Generator Field." All three need to be on for the locomotive to move; but usually the game starts you with one or more of these turned off. Try that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

here

If it is a single locomotive - use only the settings for Lead. BR
    Generator Field maybe :) yhm

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

If you have more than one locomotive, there is a set-up procedure you need to follow. There are many threads on the forum to take you through this. Best use the search function to locate them. Also, tell us which locomotive you are driving.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  5. arandomaccoun04

arandomaccoun04 New Member

Got it thanks. I didnt have the generator field on. Thanks again for the help.

• Like Like x 2
  6. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

I love this community. Nobody berates new players. It is so different from other simulation forums, like racing, etc.. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community, things do get testy at times over differing opinions, but that just shows people’s passions and for the most part most people carry on mature discourse. And since we all were new at some point in time, we understand what it takes to “learn the ropes”.
    Again, welcome to the community.

• Like Like x 5