PC Cannot Play Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by TheShotte, Feb 13, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I'm super upset right now. I'm having ISP issues at my house, and my internet is essentially dead, aside from my very limited mobile plan. When I try to play TSW2, I am presented with this message:

[​IMG]

This error box makes absolutely no sense. I have 157 hours in TSW2 on Steam, so it's not my first launch. The instructions are to make Steam go Online... but than follow WHAT instructions? I have an ABSURD amount of money spent on this game and DLC, WTF is this BS? WHY CAN I NOT PLAY?! The Steam store page says nothing about requiring an always-on connection.

RESOLVED: For anyone in the future, here are the steps (thank you breblimator).

1. backup this folder - C:\Users\your-user-name\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2
    // your progress in the game and your TSW settings
    2. delete the folder mentioned above
    3. start the game

If the game starts fine, once you quit, try putting your old profile folder back, and it should still work normally.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

epic provocation hehe nice one :D

UPDATE However, if you are not making it up - I can run offline. I just don't know if DTG has any influence on it. Be brave \o/ GL
    Or use your phone as a hotspot for your PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2021
  3. TheShotte

I'm not making this up, Im genuinely pissed. Of course no response from DTG. HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This is a Steam problem, nothing to do with DTG. I'm sorry you're frustrated, but the Steam site may be a better place to find assistance.

5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

In my experience, Steam's offline mode can be very hit and miss.....some games behave fine with it and others not. As solicitr said, this is 100% a Steam client issue and not DTG/TSW2

It may sound obvious....but have you tried putting steam back into online mode whilst connected to the internet using your mobile as a hotspot and putting it back into offline mode again (whilst staying connected) ? Click Steam up the top / Go online / Go offline

That usually works iirc

6. TheShotte

Please explain to me the logic that makes you think that's a Steam problem? Do you see the error message and the title of the window? It's a TSW2 error, not a Steam error. Also, the only games I've ever had a problem with not working in Steam Offline were ones marked as requiring an always-on internet connection. All other ones work fine for me. Furthermore, everyone else seems to be able to play the game Offline without issues, whereas I cannot.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Try this.

1. backup this folder - C:\Users\your-user-name\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2
    // your progress in the game and your TSW settings
    2. delete the folder mentioned above
    3. start the game

PS You can also temporarily remove mods if you use any. I've seen similar stories on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. TheShotte

Wow bro. Thank you for that suggestion. Moved the folder to my desktop. Launched TSW2, no issues. Went through the intro etc until I made it to the Main Menu, then I exited the game. Absolutely no issue, and no internet connection on my PC. What's funnier is, I quit the game, removed the new profile, put my old one back, and voila, the game works fine... which is astounding.

• Like Like x 2
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Superb \o/ But remember - all your progress is there in this folder. Now You can try to restore some data of your choice, but if You don't care about medals, etc... Have a nice play :D

Oh!
    Magic! Good for You \o/ I have never been so lucky!

PS This could be related to OneDrive settings in Windows - by default, this location is Backed Up

By deleting this folder you allowed the game to restore the correct (default) versions of the configuration files, and the backup restored the missing items without overwriting any newly created ones that might have caused the problem before. Good to know.

It is important that it works. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021
  10. TheShotte

That's the funny thing, after the game started and worked, I went back and put my old profile back, and it works fine with my old profile, which is super weird!

Also, it's funny how 2 out of 3 people that responded to this thread claimed this was a Steam issue.

• Like Like x 1