Ts21 - Csx Scenario Pack 01 Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Feb 12, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Good info. Happy birthday, DTG Jamie \o/

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Awesome will be getting right now

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Is the 36.95 GB download slowly making its way onto my computer connected with this DLC? If not, what's its purpose, please?

5. LastTrainToClarksville

Follow up to my previous post: I forgot to mention that the "long download's journey into night" (actually, 2 nights) began just as the download of this scenario pack completed. Now I'm afraid to try launching TS2021 (alias "Railworks" -- why is that moniker still hanging around?) only to once again suffer an OoM crash. Will that occur again even after several days of successful launches following my creation of a larger memory cache per instructions contained in another thread? Watch this one for further adventures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

Yep! TS has not let me down -- OoM crash. Time for another 3-day-plus uninstall/reinstall, I suppose.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

What is your free space on the system drive?
    If you have set the paging file to some value range and you don't have enough disk space... Windows will reserve the smaller value. The larger one may not be executable.

You can manage your TS DLCs by turning some of them off making the game lighter too.

PS If you're going to reinstall the game from scratch, this might be a good time.
    These files will be deleted from the disk!

UPDATE I never had problems with OoM, my paging file is a fixed value, but - THIS looks worth to try

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

I'm liking it so far! But there is a problem with the scenario of a GP40-2 leading Amtrak 97. The brakes on the passenger cars are set at 110 PSI, but with the GP40-2 being a freight locomotive, the brakes are set at 90 PSI. Because of that, the brakes will not fully release, so you really have to throttle it up to get going.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am enjoying this scenario pack as well just finished both parts of the Ethanol run a couple a days ago. Looking forward to the other scenarios.

10. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for the advice. My primary (internal) HD has 234 of 930 GB free; the external drive where my TS and TSW files now reside has 1.04 TB of 1,81 TB free; "supposedly reside" because moving TS to another hard disk via Steam leaves a lot of files & folders at both the former location and the present one. Anyway, I made the modification suggested by Peter Hayes and hope that it will prevent my having to go through yet another uninstall/reinstall.
    Also, I apologize for partially hijacking this thread.

• Like Like x 3