When Dtg?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thunderer, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Awesome locomotive. Well deserving of a place in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I don't think DTG will do a Deltic anytime soon, they seem obsessed with doing endless versions of German S-Bahn trains which are more or less identical.

• Like Like x 3
  4. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Hopefully never lol worst locos

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I like German railways but it's getting really boring at this point, as opposed to Britain where there are loads of liveries, stations, routes, trains and scenery, so much potential they are missing, not just the UK but elsewhere.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

agreed i second that

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tasr

Tasr Member

We need a 55 Deltic, it would be such a welcome addition, I find germain routs boring personally

• Like Like x 2
  8. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

kinda offensive to be honest, DTG is NOT obsessed with German only because they prioitize more doesnt mean that to give hate on german routes, everyone can have their own opinion, sure but dont complain about it just because of the amount of german routes, also there was this more uk routes than german routes thing

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tasr

Tasr Member

Fair point, but you have to admit they have been focusing on german routes until SEHS, if you like the german route that's fair, I like rapid transit and Ascheffenburg - Gemunden, but I do think they're all a bit similar.

• Like Like x 3
  10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I agree, high speed and s Bahn routes are getting boring now

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

I find the English lines just fine but the English trains are too alike it's really not like France the class 37 is the same as the class 45 ditto for the class55 frankly I find these trains good but are very similar it's not like in Germany 218 or 232 or as in France with 72000, 67400 or 67200

12. GildenSpikeRailVideos

GildenSpikeRailVideos Member

Me here just patiently waiting for the next American route to be a huge disappointment.

• Like Like x 3
  13. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

The only similarity between those trains is that they have noses that stick out. The english trains aren’t all the same. Compare a class 33 with a class 47 and a class 66 for example. They are massively different. Plus the 67400 and 67200 look extremely similar

• Like Like x 1
  14. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I think the next UK route shouldn’t have electrostars

• Like Like x 3
  15. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

I'd be interested to hear why DTG are seemingly reluctant to give us a Deltic, or at least acknowledge that it's something many a dieselist wants. If it was some weird, rare and almost unheard of lump, I could understand why there has been no enthusiasm by the developers to let us at it, but it has to be one of the, if not the most iconic diesel locos ever nailed together and has a huge fan base, both young and old. If what DTG say about listening to what people want rings true, surely the desire for a Deltic is way up there and it does seem strange that they have thus far ignored it.
    I hope that they do have it on a back burner somewhere on their development to do list as a mega project with plans afoot to create one hell of a period correct route with other era correct traffic. I was surprised that we never got one for TSW1/2020, but worked on the assumption that the limitations of those versions of the game would have meant a watered down route experience, or worse still, a slow, lumbering heritage line akin to WSR, rather than a full bore blast on a decent stretch of line...and lets be honest, if you have a Deltic, you want to be able to open the taps and let it stretch its legs. With TSW2's capability to do longer routes now though, I'd be stunned if we didn't see one before the life of the game had run its course.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lords_75

Lords_75 Member

im on the same page as you, buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

Agreed - if we get the line from London to Brighton, it would be nice to have it set at the time when the Class 442 was running the Gatwick Express - It'd add quite a bit more variety and could also set up the 442 for future use on a Portsmouth Direct Line route, if it ever gets made.

18. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I can also recommend when peeps come to Cornwall going to Lappa Valley to ride on the mini Deltic- The City of Derby.
    The track bed is part of the old Newquay to Truro/Redruth Line!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2