PlayStation Sehs Level Crossings Feedback (it's Positive)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by imaginox9, Feb 12, 2021.

1. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Hello, having watched tons of videos of UK level crossings (including the 4 on the SEHS line) I can provide some precise feedback about them. So here are the good and bad points I noticed while trainspotting in-game at all 4 level crossings on the line.
    The Good:
    - All level crossings work fine
    - Sound detailing: Gillingham, Rainham and Teynham level crossings all have a differently sounding Yodalarm (just like in real life) and Stone level crossing (between Teynham and Faversham) has an E2S alarm just like the real one.
    - Full barrier level crossings have their alarms shutting off when the barriers are closed while half barriers one have their alarms going off all the time (just like in real life)
    - They trigger on time.
    The Bad: it's mostly details so no urgent fix is needed if even at all. It's basically just a "it would be nice if you could do that", a suggestion.
    - The barriers start to close too early (in the game they start to close when the red lights start flashing while in real life there are a few seconds between the red lights and the barriers starting to close)
    - The closing speed of the barriers is way too quick (normally the whole sequence between the moment the crossing triggers and the barriers are fully closed takes about 30 seconds in real life. In the game it's more like 5 seconds)
    - At Teynham Level Crossing, the barriers does not close at the same time where in real life, they do
    - At Rainham Level Crossing, all the barriers close at the same time where in real life, they don't (they close just like the ones at Gillingham)
    - At Rainham Level Crossing, the invisible walls are too close to the track, preventing us from doing trainspotting.
    - There is a very small detail with the light sequence that is missing: normally when the amber light switches to the red lights, both red lights flash at the same time for the first flash then they start alternating. It's a small detail and there are crossings that do it like in the game so it's not an issue to me.
    To conclude: They work nicely enough for me even if they have a few quirks here and there. It's a good step forward to more accurate simulation !

• Like Like x 7
  2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

To be honest, you can't. While you are entitled to do so, you can't unless you have been there in real life.
    That's my opinion anyway.

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Knowledge doesn’t translate to ‘being there in real life’.

4. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Exactly