London Underground Metropolitan Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Feb 15, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the Metropolitan Line of the London Underground.

Most of the information on this line can be found in this video:

The Metropolitan Line is a Subsurface Line of the London Underground. It runs between Aldgate/Baker St and Amersham, with branches to Uxbridge, Chesham, and Watford. It has 34 Stations, and a very unique service pattern, with Fast, Semi-Fast, and All Stations services. I think this would be a great route to have in TSW 2, especially if it has AI services for the Jubilee and Piccadilly along the Uxbridge Branch, and the spur from Finchley Road to Wembley Park.

Also, on the section between Baker St and Aldgate, the Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines join the Metropolitan (It's really the other way around), and they run on the same tracks all the way to Aldgate, where the Met Terminates. It'd be cool to see these lines in the game as well, maybe as AI services.

[​IMG]
    Metropolitan Line Map

[​IMG]
    S8 Stock Train, one of the Metropolitan Line's two pieces of Rolling Stock.
    The other one is the S7+1 Stock, it is similar to the S8 Stock, although it actually is an S7 Stock, with 1 extra car added to it for 8 Car Metropolitan Line service.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the addition of this line would be cool. Especially if they layered in the Piccadilly and Jubilee lines along with the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines. I personally feel the next underground line should be a sub surface line, not a deep tube line. Now before someone here suggests dtg to add the A stock, that won't happen because if the Bakerloo line is set in 2020 modern day, then dtg would probably set the line at the year it is made/released (2021 or beyond) to keep with the "modern day" underground time period

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeenozPlays

When creating this, I was wondering if they could even have the Picc along with the Met running at the same time in the game. I'd imagine there to be dispatch issues with routing the trains onto the Uxbridge Branch. That's why I didn't mention it before. The Jubilee would be a great addition with its 96' Stock and beautiful trains. It's also a key part of the Express Section.

The H&C/Circle Lines are also a must, with the bulk of the services along that part of the Line coming from them. Without those lines, it would feel desolate and take away from the immersion of being on an Underground Train.

With all three (Or just the Circle/H&C and Jubilee) of these Layered Lines, the route would feel extremely busy and provide players with an Amazing experience of being an Operator or Passenger on the Metropolitan Line.

Also, I think a Subsurface Line is the best option, because many people like to "complain" about always being underground. The Subsurface Lines have minimal Underground Stations.

Honestly, I don't care much for the A Stock, I think it's a cool piece of Traction, but I don't like the brakes on it. I'm fine with all of the services being operated by S Stock Trains. (Maybe the Circle/H&C can run the C and D Stock)

A good thing about the Modern-Day of the Met, is that most of the Line is still Manually Operated, so players will feel engaged in Driving, and will have to continue to pay attention.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

I supspect that to keep with the modern day time period, the Circle and H&C would run only with the S stock. Maybe another layer they can add to the Met are the Chiltern Mainline class 165 and 168 as they run along the line from Amersham to Wembley Park I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ZeenozPlays

For me, it doesn't really matter. I would be committed to finding that S7+1 Stock. It would be cool to see the Chiltern Mainline, but I have a feeling that performance for consoles would get kinda choppy on the Overground section if that were to be added.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The Met has been done exceptionally well in TS1, is it really worth another remade route that inevitably isn't as good as the TS1 version?

7. ZeenozPlays

Well, some people can't play TS1, either because they A. Don't have a PC, or B. They just don't wanna buy it. A TSW 2 recreation of the Met would allow both of those types of players, and even players who had the original route to experience it with the Graphics of TSW.

DTG Doesn't have to create it, maybe a certain dev *Cough* JustTrains *Cough* can do it.

Even if DTG does it, it's not a guaranteed flop. They have made great routes before, like HMA, surely they can do it again.

Also, there are many people who want to see more Subway Routes come to TSW 2, and a good addition would be the Met with it's unique service pattern.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

With all those services for the MET, hopefully the dispatcher will be updated to accommodate all those services

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeenozPlays

Yeah.

10. ethan#3478

ethan#3478 Member

I think all london underground roures would be good but first fix bakerloo when i say that i I mainly mean the dact that the train clips intos a few of the platforms when and im pretty sure that its clipping through more and more stations every day

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, a fix to the BKL would really improve the line. The Sounds, Lighting, and Business need to be addressed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tasr

Tasr Member

The met on TS1 is £30 (A little steep, but it's £50 if you want to buy the S7+1 which is required to do any of the scenarios), it also runs really badly, I get 100-140fps on TSW2, on ultra, and on the met line on TS1 I get about 40. I think the market base is there, all you have to do is look through the suggestions forum. I think the only potential problem would be the length and the amount of different AI routes (Circle, H&C, Jubilee, Picadilly, Chiltern Mainline). I think if they did this route full length, including all branches, and charged £30 for it, I personally would be happy to buy it, then again I'm biased because I lived in Chesham as a child.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tasr

Tasr Member

Being realistic, the Circle and H&C would probably be possible as they (technically) use the same stock, but I don't think DTG will go to all the efforts to model the 73 and 96 stock, as well as CML 165s and 168s just for AI

• Like Like x 2
  14. tallboy7648

Well hopefully they will make the Piccadilly and Jubilee lines standalone routes and attach them to the Metropolitan line if you own those routes

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZeenozPlays

Who knows, maybe if we get a future Jubilee/Piccadilly Line route, we could get them as AI Services, or they could be layered on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tasr

Tasr Member

True, which would be awesome, but if they didi do the met line next, they're not going to have those stocks unless they make the routes

• Like Like x 1