Rtx And Dlss For Ue4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mariussoare_84, Feb 15, 2021.

1. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

3. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

they can barely get normal lighting to work, never mind RTX. highly unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

While i would love to see RTX and DLSS support , i doubt it will ever happen due to it not been a cross platform.
    The consoles even the next gen ones are not exactly strong around ray tracing.

Its a shame as lighting like sound is a major issue in TSW/2 always has been, UE4 handles light horribly from my experience with dynamic skylight having no option to allow for occlusion of skylights causes massive issues around tunnels and can also be seen in cab with skylight casting through the roof ect. There are work arounds however none are fool proof and all have pros and cons to there implementation.

Would also love to see DLSS 2.0 support as frankly UE4s AA handling is utter garbage thanks to its render. That wont change epic has been slow on really improving the way TAA functions so been able to bypass it with DLSS would be a god send, not only does it provided far superior image quality but it also offers far more performance and that's not just me spouting Nvidia marketing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I played the medium with ray tracing on and I ended up clicking a PowerPoint presentation on a 2080ti. I think rtx would bend this game over and cause more negative feedback than it’s worth

6. mariussoare_84

Well, they could start with DLSS to bring the fps up and then later introduce RTX. Even if they cancel one another in terms of fps it would still be a win.
    I have only tried BF 5 with RTX but EA's implementation is in beta. It wasn't too bad but you could feel the loss of smoothness.

• Like Like x 5
  7. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

DLSS DLSS DLSS DLSS! :)

8. hightower

hightower Guest

Using Dynamic Lighting would be a start.

There’s not a hope in hell of RTX when the game (to the best of my knowledge) doesn’t even use that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mariussoare_84

Well, the tech it's here now.
    I'm sure they will find good excuses why it doesn't work for their game.
    One of them it's because "We are not Microsoft", Sam's favorite.