Other Inconsistencies In Scenarios

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mayanzunga, Feb 15, 2021.

1. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Hi everyone ! There's a few inconsistencies in TSW2. I found two ones.

The first one is in the scenario Eastbourne End on East Coastway. We give you a Class 377 with 8 cars but when you go at Glynde and some stations after it, the train is too long. One car cannot be used so we need a train with 4 cars only.
    upload_2021-2-15_20-37-1.png
    The second one is in the scenario Change at Jamaica on the Long Island RailRoad. We give you a M7 with ten cars but when you pass by Kew Gardens. 6 cars cannot be used by passengers so we need to put a train with only 4 cars.
    upload_2021-2-15_20-50-21.png
    Well, it's kinda weird and funny also but i hope it will be fixed soon.

2. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Those platforms exist in real life and long trains do use those stations...Kew Gardens and Forest Hills on the LIRR and even Hollis use 4 car platforms...well Forest Hills and Kew Gardens now extend to 6....same thing with some stations on the East Coastway as well....I thought u can use like partial open in the game as an option but i dont think it works OR thats not it supposed to be

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Driving the train means you can only use the rear door button as there is nothing in front of you. In theory you could go walk to the cab at the other end of the station and select front door button (key inserted to the door controls). This would be done by the guard in reality though so you will lose punctuality easily. Safety or punctuality...

4. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

On the Eastcoastway one, have a look at your (red) door buttons to the left. I forget which is which but one will only open the first four units, the other will open the whole train.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Man I attempted to walk a few times to the rear of the train where platform ends to open the sets opened on platforms and sometimes it didnt work, just like how you said it to do...And it takes up time a bit

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It was working for me. Went into a cab facing the same way as the one you are driving, unlock controls to passenger/comm then select front button. Doors all ahead of that cab opened and ones behind it remained shut. If you go in a cab facing the other way, then it will be rear door button.

It's just not practical to do this in the game unless we get some kind of conductor mode.

7. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

Ok. Thanks.