Letters ”ik” What Do They Stand For?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Farmer_C, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

I do apologise that I need to bother the forum with this very small and perhaps irrelevant question, but I was not able to find any answers from the net, so I thought that someone here must know the answer.

There are rolling stock items in the game, which are referred to either ”AI” (artificial intelligence) or ”IK”. What does this IK refer to? Are they purely decorative items in the game, or what does it stand for?

2. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

I suspect you mean KI

It stands for "künstliche Intelligenz" (i.e. German translation for AI - often used with the game's German routes & locos).

In the future, with such questions, you're best posting on the Steam TS2018 forum - you'll usually get a response in a few minutes, rather than waiting a week here! ;) All the best.

Edit:
    AI or KI trains are simply versions of the locos that are non-player driven. i.e. dumbed down less detailed versions of the locos, that aren't so resource intensive compared to the full driver versions.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Thanks Growler374. I’m much obliged for your answer and the information that you provided.

That IK was indeed a pure typo.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

KI stands for "Künstliche Intelligenz". The same as AI, only in german.