Gilhams Fishery Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by olster_2001, Feb 16, 2021.

1. olster_2001

olster_2001 New Member

Hello Everyone

Rookie here!

First issue - Yesterday I hooked into a Arapaima at gilhams I saw the fish after 10 mins about 30 yards out and then it took me to 200 yards and stayed there for 45 mins, I understand they are pretty difficult to reel in but at the 55 min mark I just realised there must be an error with the game?
    I am using an xbox X series console and using all the required top rods, reels and 80lb braid.

Second issue- the last day or so since purchasing the big carp pack I have had to reinstall the gilhams pack twice because the menu screen is frozen and when I press any buttons on the controller nothing happens.. see attached photo... Not sure if this is associated to the issue above here? Also wonder if dovetail have conducted solid testing of the pro fish game on the xbox X console or are these issues a roll over from the xbox one comsole? It appears all elements of the game work apart from the Giant Carp pack and gilhams fishery. See below for installation options, all combinations seem to end in a frozen screen. IMG_20210216_125504.jpg IMG_20210216_125628.jpg IMG_20210216_125628.jpg IMG_20210216_125628.jpg

Any help or advice appreciated, I am already getting pretty frustrated

Olly IMG_20210216_125504.jpg

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Olly, I think we discussed this the other day over on our social channel. Is the issue with the Arapaima still happening? If it is we suggest you submit a ticket via the link below for the team.

Ticket Site
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

As for the second issue, can I check a couple of things? Do you have your series X setup as your main home console in the settings? This can sometimes cause issues with DLC ownership. I have put a list of how to do/check this below. Does this freezing issue happen if you go via the 'Play Now' tab and select the venue or does it only happen when launching from the quick play menu?

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.

If you do have the console set as home and still have this problem, then my second suggestion would be to go to the store pages for Gillhams and Wraysbury venues and install both venues separately that way (you should have an install button for these venues on the store after owning the Giant Carp Pack). It has been known in the past to help with players struggling to access those venues when having installed the Giant Carp Pack.

Hope this helps.