Forgotten Dlc's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blacknred81, Feb 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel like that there are either routes or locomotives that just get forgotten overtime due to one thing or another, and when you do see them again, you forgot they did exist. For example, Virtual Railroad's ALCO RS-11 is one locomotive that seems to get forgotten about when talking about a North American locomotive DLC's.
    ss_3d8f5cbd7155cf79a17c5f8d4d9c4c49a7f154b9.1920x1080.jpg

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I expect that a lot of DLCs that are either old, not that interesting or replaced by a better version like AP, or a combination of the three, could become forgotten. Some of the stuff that was removed (some of it being removed for seemingly no reason) like the Class 02 and LNER V2 could also be considered forgotten.

3. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I have a Digital Traction 4MT tank engine that was on Steam years ago and got removed. I quite like it.

4. tommydee

tommydee Well-Known Member

I'm surprised, given its contemporary importance, that the A1 Tornado has been forgotten. With a sound and particle add-on from Steam Sounds Supreme it's still a worthwhile drive.

The BR Standard 2MT is another I have, but keep on overlooking.

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

You can still purchase it from the DTG website, SSS have done a very good enhancement pack for it too.

There were the class 117 reskins on the market place which got removed and the Hall pack which for some reason was removed around nine years ago.

EDIT: should state DT not DTG

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

theorganist, I think you mean the 4MTT is available from Digital Traction and not DTG.

Some 117 reskins here under DMUs and on the same site Richard Fletcher has a BR blue 117.
    https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/dmu.html

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

Apologies yes I meant DT, I always get them confused!

I have the VP blue/grey ones but not spotted the green one. I was thinking the other day it would be nice to see a green one with the headcode box unplated and there it is! I will download that tonight. I don't suppose there is a one of the bubble car with the headcode box unplated, I have only seen the one of 55023 in it's "retro green" guise, it would be very useful for the SSS Wycombe route.

8. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I've been looking for an unplated Bubble to no avail. :(

9. theorganist

I had another look too and couldn't find one.

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Ironically, I started to catalogue some RWA skins recently. I know very well that one exists because there are a lot of skins for it in the first six pages of engine repaints. Good one to get for replayability from that perspective.