Glasgow Subway For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a.hanbury2006, Feb 9, 2021.

1. a.hanbury2006

a.hanbury2006 New Member

Does anyone else share my view that the Glasgow Subway 'clockwork orange' would be a good route to do?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it would be a fun addition to the game. I’ve suggested this in the past too. Maybe a route that Rivet games could make (assuming they do it justice unlike IoW).

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

It's a good idea, similar to my Modern Scottish routes post, I'm going to say this: Scotland. Needs. More. Damn. Love
    I have used the Glasgow Subway and even though it is just a circle in a tunnel it has a feel to it that nothing else I've been on has. Maybe that's just the air turbulence that always made me feel like I was being sucked in. I don't know. Even though it's a round tunnel it needs to be in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea as nothing in a train sim world game for Scotland

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

Yeah. It would be a good route for Rivet Games to make.

• Like Like x 3
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That would be cool

• Like Like x 3
  7. john13mps

john13mps Member

It would be nice, however I don’t think it would suit this game. The Glasgow Subway runs using ATO. The driver opens/closes the doors and presses a button to start the journey between stations. There is a limited section between the Broomloan Depot and either Govan or Ibrox (dependant on which circle the train is joining) where the driver will “drive” so to speak, albeit at a restricted speed. Therefore there would not be much to do on this route.

I personally think that the Ayrshire Coast Line would be a great line for the first Scottish route in TSW2 as it is a route not seen in Railworks and also has some great sights, like the waves at Saltcoats.

Check out my proposal here.

• Like Like x 2