PC Class 47 Brake Bug Still Not Fixed

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ghawk2005, Feb 16, 2021.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I was expecting the class 47 brake sticking on bug to be fixed by now. It’s over 4 months since the route was released and the thing is still un-drivable!!!!!!

2. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

Is this the one where the train brake "creeps" up in pressure? It's only a slight amount but very noticeable on an up-incline.

3. ghawk2005

yes but the biggest problem with it being when you select ‘initial application’ it goes to 49 psi instead of 19-21psi like it should do, thus never being able to achieve light braking. It always comes to a sudden thump of a stop - totally undriveable! I wish they would get on and fix the thing because it’s one of my favourite locos but I will not use it while it’s like it is.

4. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

Quite ironic really, given that for a long time after it was released, it couldn't pull the skin off of a rice pudding. They eventually sorted the lack of grunt out, but now it practically stands on its nose at even just a fleeting thought of so much as touching the brakes.
    Given that it's been a problem child ever since NTP was released, I'd think that hope of ironing out its gremlins this late in the game is fading fast now.

5. ghawk2005

They said they had a fix for it and it would be released soon..... so come on DTG let’s bloody well get on with it.

6. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Somebody mentioned earlier not to put the train brake of the class 47 in release only in running, then it will not charge the brakes by itself.

Try it.

Rutger

7. ghawk2005

tried it many times and after about 15 minutes it still goes to the rats thank you very much. It is a bug and is in the process of being fixed !!!!