PlayStation Strange Emergency Brake - Hoo Runaround Service

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Feb 17, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Was running this service and after the runaround itself passed through Strood and across the bridge. I got an emergency brake that I can't work out. Is this just me or is it bugged? Watch the signals here, I didn't spot anything obvious. Following this I also couldn't get the 66 restarted again via the usual method so not sure what is going on really.

Was I too fast approaching the 15mph as I went over the grid?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

looks like a bug to me. i think i have seen somewhere on the forum someone else go tripped there

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

On rewatching I saw the grid at the green signal and wondered if it was like the Reading platform in GWE where it brakes you coming into the station if you are using safety systems.

4. Dave Mel

i had the same problem so i shut the game down and restarted this time without AWS on and it worked and drove all the way to Faversham.
    SO to me it looks like an AWS fault

5. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

I noticed this i turned of aws on this service as TPWS is set of for some reason and I'm on pc

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Which 66 is that, is it the ECW one or the GWE one? (look at the colour of text on the LCD panel above you) - looks like a TPWS issue but might be because of the old GWE 66 potentially ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TinTin_57

Remind me Matt how I can tell which is the ECW one and I’ll try it again tomorrow

8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Blue display and EWS livery is ECW.

Green display and DB livery is GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TinTin_57

I haven’t been able to select the DB livery for some time. In SEHS I only see two EWS liveries. I’ll check for the blue display next time I run it

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

There's 2x Class 66 available In Southeastern. However, they are both in EWS livery. One of them has the green text on the EM2000 and the other has blue text. The DBS from GWE does not show in this route for me.

In East Coastway, I have 3x Class 66 - 2 in EWS livery and 1 in DBS. GWE has 2x Class 66 available - 1 in EWS livery and 1 in DBS.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had the same issue on PC when passing through that station, it took me a few minutes to figure out what happened and managed to fix it and complete the service with a Gold. Hint go back to the overhead computer and set the brakes back to cut-in, somehow it tripped and set it back to cut-out.

12. TinTin_57

Just run it without an issue making sure I had the 66 that has the blue writing on the EM2000. Worth pinning it somehow because it’s not obvious

13. Dave Mel

im sure they could of made the 66 s with different liveries. they both look the same to me. plus DB shenker could be added to hoo junction as they run from there

• Like Like x 1
  14. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

TrainSim-Matt hey matt mine was on 6G11 and checked its blue text i ahd when it went off

15. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

So one person saying the blue-text ECW one works, and one saying it doesn't? I'll give it a try myself later and try and break the tie :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Bare in mind the Class 66 with blue text will also activate TPWS Override when you press Q or Circle/B. The green text one doesn't. So the green text one is likely to get stopped if it passes a buggy TPWS grid.

17. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Just run this one myself. Blue screen 66, no safety system triggers.

Two small side notes worth mentioning, however:

1) The game seems to confuse which end of the train is which on the return run which affects the external cameras. This also means the rear lamp ends up on the front of the train (screenshot attached) :)

2) There is a 'stop at' instruction at Gillingham just before the green signal at the end of the platform. It feels as if this should have been a 'go via' instruction instead. I may well be wrong of course.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. TinTin_57

Yeah that was a strange one at Gillingham when we are rolling nicely into the station

• Like Like x 2
  19. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Drove the East Coastway 66 and got the penalty break. When the break released, I put power into notch 3 and randomly got thrown off the rails, ending my run.

Started a fresh run, same day/weather settings and ECW 66 again and completed the service with no issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2