Bad Or No Sound In Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shamanspark, Feb 17, 2021.

1. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Will the sound be fixed in the preserved DLCs?
    Rapid Transit for example has almost no sound....

Is there a fix in planning? I cant find anything in the roadmap(s) !

2. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

You have probably picked the worst train of the preserved in terms of sound :D

But to answer your question: yes, they know about the issue and they said they are working on it.

In what terms? Nobody knows.

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for RT Talent 2 sounds to be worked on. Unplayable for me. The locomotive does have better mixed sound so it's really the only one I use there currently.

Rapid Transit is going to be worked on in the next batch of preserved collection updates.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RT is the next on the for-fix list, just after LIRR

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

And wasn't it MSB that gets some love after RT is done?

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep. LIRR RT MSB
    ... with some nice SEHS prolog :D

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Mostly looking forward to MSB. IMO that's a good route ruined by bad sound.

I guess LIRR may sound bad if you know what it's supposed to sound, but personally I'm totally clueless and the EMUs do sound like EMUs in my ears :P

RT isn't my favourite route anyways, even if it had good sound :P

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

As long as they plan to do anything with the sound. We will see. I also don't like RT. Nothing happens there :D

9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Dude on the M3 the horn literally gets quieter when you open your cab window. I believe in TSW2 even the M7 does this as well. It's really bad. So I'm really happy that LIRR finally is getting it's patch that was long overdue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's something that you won't notice when you do not open the cab window. I never did it. Not that I use the horn much anyways.

However, on MSB the locomotives sound like mosquitos, no matter what you do. It's one of the first things you'll notice as soon as you use the throttle lever. Which is why I personally am looking forward to a MSB soundfix considerably more than a LIRR soundfix.

12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

But the thing is, one is bugged to hell, the other one simply has weak source material for sounds.

Though I never tried MSB, but from what you're saing, it sounds like it simply has bad sunds. The base sounds on the LIRR are fine, but the route has serious bugs affecting sound as well, which I think is a bigger issue than simply weak quality sounds. Sure, one could simply not open the windows as you said, but personally I like opening the windows as it results in better train sounds. But then I have a quiet horn which really ruins the immersion, especially when you use the horn pretty frequently on an american railroad. Then the M3 also produces pretty horrible sounds cutting in and out as you pass by it, either it's your own train or an AI one. And then there are many other non-sound related issues as well.

Of course, it's all up to preference, obviously everyone wants their favorite routes fixed first, so I understand that you're rather looking forward for an MSB patch. LIRR is less popular, but it was long overdue for a fix, especially the M3.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

RT is the one German route I doubt I'll ever buy, and LIRR I have because it came with 2020 but I rarely ever play it. Commuter rail is probably my least favorite form of railroading.

14. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Try the class 31 on SEHS the horn outside in particular. What the Whaaat!

15. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Me too! Just sometime I REALLY would love to drive the 182, but we need RT for that... But at least we get a new one with Hamburg - Lübeck!