Class 395 Sounds( With New Update)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Feb 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So when SEHS was released i noticed already when the Class 395 was running on High Speed and normal speed to, that the running sounds were the same as the German Dostos. With the new update they are even more noticable... This is really an imersion breaker, just stop reusing sounds and do a proper job on them...

• Like Like x 3
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think what you’re referring to are running sounds, which are the sounds that the train makes when it’s running along the rails.

I doubt that there’s much difference (if any) between the sound of German Steel on Steel and British Steel on Steel.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  3. helderbrincolas

They simply reused. They did the same on the running sounds of TGV they reused the ICE one

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Ok but my point is what difference do you actually expect when the sounds you’re referring to are literally the sounds of metal?

The volume might differ depending on cab insulation and specific weights, but I’d assume that the sounds metals make when they’re in contact with each other are the same regardless of what country the metals are in, I say assume since I haven’t been around the world to check said sounds but I’d assume French and German steel sound just like any other steel...

The sound is just metal friction, the train causes the friction which you hear but the sound isn't train specific, at least not to the naked ear, and it's especially not a realistic expectation from a game to hear what would likely be minute differences.

• Like Like x 14
  5. helderbrincolas

They reused the sounds. Every train sounds different. Don't come with excuses, DTG is always reusing sounds and they did it again with the 395.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Wheel screech is wheel screech. Sounds the same in every country that uses steel rails and steel wheels.

• Like Like x 11
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I mean sure these trains might sound a bit different when going over junctions and all that, but is it really that much different? In all fairness to DTG there are some things where the customers should be willing to at least accept some compromises, especially with these nitty gritty details. There is only so much one can do and while I too agree that there is a certain bar for details, accuracy and authenticity that DTG should try their best to at least maintain, there are some things that I would feel bad pushing them over.

• Like Like x 6
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You’re so hellbent on complaining about every little detail that you don’t understand the simple fact that the sound you’re hearing is the same mechanical part found on every single train in the world (mostly), you could even argue that it’s not even the train that makes the noise and that it’s the track.

Of course it doesn’t sound different, for the third and final time I’ll say it, the sound you’re hearing is steel on steel.

• Like Like x 6
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

If OP sat track-side and listened for the sound that he is saying is wrong, he wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between trains.

I’ll happily sit and bring DTG up on mistakes when it comes to smaller details, however, this ‘complaint’ is nothing more than pointless bashing of DTG.

• Like Like x 15
  10. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

I know Matt said in the stream that the fan is loud, but now in game is this a bit too overpowering? Just an observation from myself.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I am proud to present the award for Future Ignore List Member Of The Year to...

helderbrincolas

Congratulations to this year's winner.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really don’t mind if DTG has reused sound from other trains. The 395 cab experience is so much better after the patch. I love the subtle shake and rattle sounds now. Whilst it might not be perfect, I much more enjoy driving the 395 than I did beforehand. I’m still not convinced the outside running noises are were they ought to be - having watched lots of YT videos of the 395 at various stations, but it’s acceptable as it is now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. helderbrincolas

You think you are funny ah. You are the typical loser who refuges on the internet. Get a life kid

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I am hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I am locking this thread as it has descended into name calling. Your feedback has been noted.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.