Hst First Service Stuck At Red Light Forever, Or Derailment.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tdurb0, Mar 16, 2018.

1. tdurb0

tdurb0 New Member

I’m either missing how to change points to avoid the derailment, or I’m stuck at the red light forever.
    Anyone else having the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Is this the service where you need to leave Old Oak Common for London Paddington?

If so there are some manual switches along your route that need to be set to get you out of the depot. You can either set those by getting out of the HST and physically pulling them or you can set them by opening the map.

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

What service is that? Sounds like something I'd enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

Is this the first service of the day when you leave the depot? Because I'm stuck at that damn red light too. I request permission, says proceed at restricted speed but it still boots me out for passing it.

5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Will give it a go tonight and explain how I did it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Molsonboy

Molsonboy New Member

Read what Corvan typed above. There are 2 switches that have to be made to put you on the right track to get you to the station.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tdurb0

tdurb0 New Member

Thank you Corvan. Don’t even know what to press to get to Map screen and/or manually changing points, must be blind and not seeing it on the controls list anywhere. Sorry for being thick

8. tdurb0

tdurb0 New Member

Yep that’s the one. I’m assuming there’s points need changing to avoid reaching that red light

9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Copied my response from the other thread:

For anyone else who's stuck on this one:

I can confirm that two switches need to be thrown to complete this service. I spent about half an hour last night looking at the map and fiddling with it to get it to work. I don't have a way to show the map here, but you'll notice that the track you need to take to the destination point is highlighted in blue color. If you follow the blue track back from the destination towards the start, you'll see a couple of places where the initial switch positions will send you into a siding that's permanently red-lighted (the two switches are between the start point and a 3 or 4 track siding that you'll see on your left as you start to move forward). Once you set the switches correctly, your "upcoming signal indicator" will change from red to yellow. If it's still showing as red, you didn't do the switches right. Just a quick note, be careful of the down-gradient on the cross-over track; almost ran the red light at the destination because I wasn't paying attention!!

Although it really could have used some in-game explanation, I thought this was a cool little service. I'm not a rail expert by any means, but I thought it was neat showing the difference between yard operations (essentially what you're doing before the manual switches), and main line operations where you're under control of the Interlock System (not sure of the UK term, but basically automated switching control).

P.S.If you didn't already know, you can set any manual switch directly from the map if you want, no need to get out and walk over to it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's 5B05- departing Old Oak Common Depot @ 0612

• Like Like x 1
  11. SOUR LEMONS XII

SOUR LEMONS XII New Member

I've posted this elsewhere, and I'm having a similar issue with the Class 166. I'm scheduled to leave Reading Depot to arrive at Reading by 0222. I get there are 0221, and then get told to proceed to Twyford. Only problem is, stuck at platform with a red signal. And can't change the switches as they appear to be automatic.

Any help or advice please.
    Kind regards.

12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Lemons, how close to the signal are you? Have you tried pulling up to it? If you give me the service number of the C166 out of the depot, I'll go test now for you before I head off to bed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tdurb0

tdurb0 New Member

The first time I found the map screen completely by accident, and found myself standing at the side of the track as my train ran away into the distance and I had no clue how to get back to my train. I could see it on the map moving fast into the distance (this was on a different service, one I’d tried before I decided to start and try and do a full day service, in order, one by one)