What Do You Think Train Sim World 2 Should Have & What's Missing? - Ideas/opinions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

I created this thread to know what players think Train Sim World 2 Should have and what do you think it's missing.

remember the developers love reading ideas of their players so i decided to open a thread for players to post opinions & ideas about what they think train sim world 2 should have and what's missing.

Share (ideas/opinions) about what's missing and what should have. - All about (Train Sim World 2)

by: Gustavo - The RailWorker

• Like Like x 2
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Routes from more countries. That's what I think is massively missing.

• Like Like x 8
  3. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

1. There is a lack of realism of sounds and physical model of swing, lighting.
    2. Locomotives require an engine room and access to equipment.
    3. Minor damage and easy repair.
    4. Realistic challenging cold start (more interaction with controls).
    5. The ability to create complex scenarios with cold start, shunting, maintenance of the locomotive.
    6. Expansion of routes.

• Like Like x 5
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Well, some German locos have an engine room that you can enter, e.g. the 182.

There is. Some Scenarios (with the TGV and the BR 423 on HMA) feature a broken door that you have to close manually.

Don't just want to criticise you, but we should give credit when there is reason to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I would like a "cold and dark" timetable slot in the morning where you start at depot and all is quiet, go to the engine/train and start it up. No running diesel engine or similar. Then you go off to the platform and the first departure. Another slot would be: Catch a train before last service and finish the day at the depot and turn off everything. (This, I think you can do already. I think there should be a setting with unstarted engines at the depot. Old Oak Common for example should be silent. The washing equipments should be used on ALL routes where they exist. Immersion!!! :love:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

My opinion:

What DTG could work on:
    --More countries in other continents (probably the 1000th time you're hearing this )
    --Cab sway is far from realistic, it feels stiff and unreal. TS2021 does a far better job
    --Audio could be better, as sometimes it loops and often produces weird noises that ruin the immersion of the game
    --FPS and scenery are inconsistent between routes
    --more camera angles, such as a passenger cam
    --Consist editor!
    --Random events!
    --Older routes like GWE have a lot more detail than the newer ones, such as LGV, SEHS etc
    and more.

However, I really do appreciate how DTG listens to us through various social media platforms, and I believe that the best way to improve a game is through communication with the community. Here are things that I really love about TSW2

--Provides one of the best train simulation experience out there (Exited about SimRail :))
    --Trains look rather wonderful, with a lot of attention to detail
    --Lots of streams to look forward to, including roadmaps (I liked the old format better :D)
    --Steam trains!!!!
    ---Routes are getting longer with the help of more efficient building tools
    and more

overall, I think its safe to say that TSW2 has improved a lot since TSW2020. I'm glad to see all the new suggestions and ideas the players come up with, and I really appreciate DTG's efforts to make this game better.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

1) Sounds
    • Obvious Looping
    • General lack of "running sounds" or being mixed too low to the point of being barely audible
    • Sound mixing and volume
    • Some rolling stock sound too generic and not very close to the prototype (BR146, Class 377 for example)
    2) Lighting
    • Night time lighting should be reworked entirely (watch LondonMidland's post)
    • Headlights seem too bright during the day but provide next to no illumination at night
    • Signs that should be reflective are almost unreadable in low light, making driving without HUD almost impossible at night.
    • Lights seem to affect performance a bit too much (cab light had a ~2/5 fps difference on the old Xbone)
    3) Flexibility
    • Consist editor
    • Lack of possible substitutions for existing rolling stock (BR363 and 204, BR425 in MSB, 423 on SKA, etc...)
    • Scenario editor is extremely basic and restrictive
    4) Diversity/Randomness in timetable mode
    • Random events being added to timetable mode
    • Some services could start from cold and dark, if for example they start in a depot or siding
    • Different loading/dwell times based on the time of the service and how used a station is (even better if randomized).
    5 - Far future ideas
    • Working CCTV and mirrors (especially for UK routes)
    • More complete and complex signalling and safety systems (like ETCS and ERTMS)
    • More countries being represented in game
    • The possibility to create a very long route merging various DLCs togheter (like a Bruxelles - Köln - Frankfurt).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

I would like to see a proper career option where your character starts off as a newbie and works their way up for each route. Mind you there still should be the services available as per now for the ones that have no interest in a career. The more you drive on a route and get promoted a piece of the HUD becomes unavailable, the only thing always being available would be dials that are hard to read on some stock such as speedo, brake gauges etc.

I just don't get all these medals and things like "broke wind in the cab with the window closed - here's 5,461,147,321 points..."

Oh and should hire that McKoy chap that did the BVE series, those cab sways and physics felt the most realistic I've tried thus far... :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  9. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

The things TSW 2 should have
    1. Routes from other parts of the world
    2. A conductor mode
    3. Different Variety of Passengers
    4. Improved road traffic where you get a mix of buses, cars, and trucks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Do you think that these functions are implemented in everything and in sufficient volume?
    There is nothing more to stream and nothing to improve?

• Like Like x 1
  11. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

That would be very cool, but I mostly want, that the sounds of some trains will be repaired like for example the 146.2

• Like Like x 2
  12. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

All working savety systems on german trains (lzp, pzb, SIFA)
    Dynamic weather
    More variation in cars and passenger
    Dynamic gameplay
    Carreer mode
    Mulitplayer
    Consist creator

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. andrewcrosier

andrewcrosier New Member

Station names on the map

• Like Like x 2
  14. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

A full scenario editor. I don't mind not having no route editor (although it is disappointing) but the scenario editor is really needed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I would like to see some kind of multiplayer mode. Playing when you know there are other people - instead of pre-scripted AI - around creates a different kind of immersion/stories from gameplay.
    • People running the same routes from different directions
    • Riding a train operated by another player to reach a station where you're supposed to take over your own loco for a route (this could also be connected to some kind of persistent mode where you log in at a location where you logged off the previous time)
    • Ability to simply take passenger rides on someone else's train
    Apart from this, additional functionality for livery editor where we could custom-paint locos and cars in image editors would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2