Hello There!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Its_Chris_2003, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Its_Chris_2003

Its_Chris_2003 New Member

Intro
    Hi, I'm Its_Chris_2003. I am a big TS lover and I even do trainspotting too. I play other simulation/scenario games such as Cities: Skylines, SimplePlanes and Rocket League. I also have a youtube channel, 2 even.

My main: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt6r69P0wVGbxd06mouYFEw
    My second (which is like a "dumping" account for any train clips which I capture, but cannot be put into a video): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSXmmxnHeRrxysCTlNZJww

Recently, I have managed to obtain a new laptop which will enable me to actually record. Before, my laptop was only basic and wouldn't record any big TS route, only "light" ones with low scenery.

History
    Not so long ago, I met DTG at Warley 2017 (the biggest model rail exhibition in the UK) and submitted my questions and feedback about the production of games themselves (don't worry, it was all positive xD).

Before I discovered Train Simulator, I was a massive Minecraft lover, and this was the game which got me into PC gaming. However, the limitations of blocks with my ever growing imagination meant I needed a new piece of software which would allow me to unlock my growing imagination. My love of trains was developing by then too, and I had got some Minecraft mods which added trains. But again, these were either electric or steam.

I was browsing Steam, quite anxiously looking for a game. I found TS being advertised. I decided to go for the UK First Class pack (which contained Chatham Mainline, South Wales Coastal, Weardale and Teasdale Railway and another route which I cannot think of off the top of my head). Over time, I 've grown my DLC collection, in a steady way. Now, my RailWorks folder is 68GB, which is fairly big considering how long I've had the game.

If I ever have a stressful day (trust me, alot of the days are stressful out of holiday times), TS seems to always calm me down. The fact that you can actually drive a train in your own house is amazing!

A little thank you!

I'd just quickly like to thank you guys at DTG for making this game (and thanks for finally making the VT Pendolino livery). It really does transform the way you see the railways!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Welcome Chris. Good to have you here.

3. Zayphod

Zayphod New Member

Hi Chris. Like you, I also find TS to be quite relaxing. Nothing to shoot at, watch the trees go by, listen to the rumble of the woofer speaker. Very zen-like. Glad you enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Hello Chris and welcome to the forums, firstly. Secondly, get very comfortable exploring and reading, around these parts. There's plenty to discuss amidst our fellow rail fanning peers, from many different regions. You'll find many engaging and simplistic conversations, many sweet looking screen shots of people's favorite trains, scenery, and so on; awesome train proposals like "The Metro North Hudson Line (<-- Shameless attempt to insert a personal favorite xD), etc. You won't be disappointed here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its_Chris_2003

Thanks

6. Its_Chris_2003

Hi and thanks

7. Its_Chris_2003

Glad to know that it's not just me finding it relaxing

8. Its_Chris_2003