Tunnels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eire007, Jan 31, 2021.

1. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I’m not sure about everyone else but I’m sick of getting the perfect camera angle and as soon as the train goes into a tunnel the camera automatically jumps into the cab. It’s irritating. Give us the freedom to use the camera where we want. We can no longer even get a good camera view of a train racing out of a tunnel. Stop ruining the game plz and give us back freedom like you did in TSW 1.

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I agree with wanting the camera to return to how it behaved in TSW. "Stop ruining the game" is a bit overdramatic.
    I understand why Bakerloo is like it is, but with the other routes with much wider tunnels that it seems just unnecessarily frustrating to be snapped back every time. I hope the snapping can be turned off for select routes. Lines with lots of short tunnels in quick succession (like the upcoming Arosa Line) will amplify the effect.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What do you suggest the camera does when the train is in the tunnel? Having a camera hanging 15 yards off the left of a train in a tight tunnel is a complex issue so giving a preference is better than saying "Stop ruining the game"

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Have it spawn right in front of the train. Should be space for the camera there. Allow people to freely move the camera from that point. At least it'll be possible to make a shot of a train coming out of a tunnel.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

That ruins the shot the OP was talking about, how is that "less worse" than what happens now?

6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

IoW allows you to use the cameras whilst in Ryde tunnel, like you could in TSW2020, so it doesn't seem like all routes have to have their cameras restricted just for BKL. Whilst the cameras do behave strangely in tunnels, I personally don't mind as it gives the ability to watch trains enter and emerge from tunnels, which is something I miss from TSW2020.

7. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

The way it was in TSW1 was completely fine, I have no idea why they decided to change it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Currently, the free camera can’t be used if any part of your train is in the tunnel. It is more of a problem than any glitching of cameras that happened in TSW2020 ever was and is ruining one aspect of the game, being able to watch your train going in and out fo the tunnel from a camera position outside the tunnel. It makes me sad more than mad but why would DTG deliberately want to make me sad by removing one of my favourite things about the game?

It’s not even about screenshots for me, it’s about watching it happen in real time, but it prevents a lot of good screenshot options too, which ruins a big part of the game for others too.
    It doesn’t really matter what the camera does when the train is in the tunnel, it was fine in TSW2020, and if it doesn’t look good the player can change to another camera. I like to position a camera on the nose of the train and that looked fine all the way through a tunnel. That’s another of my favourite things that has been taken away in TSW2.

DTG have made a bad choice here and they could easily do better.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

My favourite camera position was next to first window of the train, as if leaning out. That used to be perfectly fine in tunnels because there's enough room in most of them for the camera to avoid fouling the tunnel wall. That's been taken away since Bakerloo came out and if it was possible I would delete that route. I don't enjoy it and it's spoiled every other route with a tunnel. The other evening I was driving a class 45 into Huddersfield coming from Manchester and couldn't watch the train arrive in the station. By the time it lets you use the outside camera, the train is halfway along the platform. Please put this back the way it was in tsw2020.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. eire007

eire007 Active Member

How about being able to adjust the camera to outside the tunnel for when the train comes through or is that something your brain cannot comprehend.

11. eire007

eire007 Active Member

So they are improving the game you say?? Since TSW 2 they have ruined the sound and cameras and other areas. So yeah. If you enjoy paying $ for a product falling short of its previous game then you are not worth replying to.

12. ARuscoe

Yay, another personal attack, that IS the best way to make your point... (note heavy irony)

OK, so when you enter the tunnel... should the camera just zoom to the end of said tunnel automatically?
    I'm wondering about things like bakerloo or SHES where the tunnels are miles long.

Agree it's a shame that the heads out views don't work