Idea For The New Clinchfield Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Craigslist, Feb 18, 2021.

?
  1. To Erwin we go!

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Past Erwin while keeping the north end.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. No, leave it just as the 35 mile route.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Craigslist

Craigslist New Member

I saw where they made the decision to add the Clinchfield as a new route to Train Sim World 2. However, this will probably get buried, but I think they should maybe expand further south at least to Erwin? A lot of work is getting missed in Kingsport and Erwin if you exclude these parts of the route. Kingsport is a major industrial town with a massive chemical plant and paper mill, press, and a few others back then. Erwin was the HQ of the Clinchfield and has a massive terminal you could work with. In between Kingsport and Erwin there's Johnson City, which has a small yard to interchange with a shortline there. The Clinchfield is also very famous for it's Southern half past Erwin along the Nolichucky Toe Rivers through Spruce Pine and the Clinchfield loops and Bostic. I don't know if it's possible but I'd love to see it expanded further south due to it being home territory.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

We only got to St Paul in TS21, I doubt Tsw 2 will expand much farther than that.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The CRR needs one or two more locos. Maybe a GP7/9 and an NW2 Switcher.

4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I am surprised the first gen geep didn't make the cut for this route.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The route will be way past the point of deciding where it starts and ends in the dev process and will start and end where it says it does in the route name. Extending to Erwin would make the route three times the length, which just wouldn’t be possible even if they were earlier in the process.

6. Craigslist

Craigslist New Member

I get that, but I hope they may at least extend it to KP, around 3 times the length, but worth it. To Erwin would be about 4.5 times the length.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oh, so your suggestion was even more ambitious than I thought. They are including 27 miles of branch lines alongside the 35 miles of mainline, which makes 62 miles of route (they had released an article saying so, which I hadn’t read when I replied earlier). That’s as long as any route made for TSW. Even with the route being mostly single track, it’s a fairly big chunk of content. Your suggestion would have made the route 150 miles or more without any branches, which is far beyond the scope of what they can do. But as I say, once they publish what the route is, that’s what the route is, and as we are possibly within a month of release, the route layout is now fixed and will not change.

• Like Like x 2