Eurostar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fraser.swaffer, Aug 27, 2020.

1. fraser.swaffer

fraser.swaffer New Member

Please add a euro star route, that would be really helpful, and awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would be great fun. St Pancras Brussels would be good. Also considering I’m October they are starting journeys direct to Amsterdam, that would be even better! Class 373 and 374 I think would be best. Or maybe the use of EuroTunnel too? Just from Folkestone to Calais.
    One downside is that the route is long. Even just to Paris. And there is quite a lot going on throughout the route, and that is the key factor. So it may not be likely to happen.

3. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

While I love the trains and the connection, I don't need 20 minutes of driving a train in a mostly straight tunnel, no thanks.
    Also, way too long and therefore not feasible atm.
    But isn't "[Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham" on that route?

• Like Like x 4
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Eurostar would be amazing. The Channel Tunnel would be so amazing. If this route is made, we need the BR Class 92 for freight trains and a Le Shuttle for carrying automobiles through the tunnel, as well as the Eurostar high speed train.

5. Rail Runner

Oh yes! Never thought of freight! Would love a 92.

6. Rail Runner

Yes it is partly.
    I’m pretty sure leaving St Pancras, you enter a tunnel for like 10 mins or so.

7. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I would love the route but one thing that I would not enjoy is the tunnel but a part from the route like Calais to Paris/Brussels would be great and also with a bit of work they could but it on St.Pancrass to Faversham route in English side.
    But Eurostar is not the only operator in many peoples wishlist I belive as there is also Thalys as well.

Just my two pennies

• Like Like x 2
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You guys are dreaming right now.

The upcoming Marseille-Avignon section is about 93km.

Munich-Augsburg is 63km.

HS1 from London to the channel tunnel entrance is 108km.

The Channel Tunnel itself is 50km.

Then the LGV Nord is more than 330km to get to Paris.

So you are asking to add a 400km+ route when we what we are realistically getting is less than 1/4 the lenght...

Also I don't know about you but I'm not holding my breath to drive 50km in a straight line with cruise control inside a tunnel...

Don't get me wrong. The class 373 is one of my all time favourite trains, I would love to have it on TSW, but it has to get a "worthy" route, even the whole HS1 would do, ideally I'd love A PIECE of the LGV Nord.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  9. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Please No, the UK doesn't only consist of the Southeast...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hello , i heard that Eurostar want their trains to be free if they are implemented in a game , however , I am not sure about that
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Me too. I also want the Class 373 (e300) and the class 374 (e320) to be added to Train Sim World 2. They are my favourite trains of all time.

It would be fantastic to add the whole of
    High Speed 1,
    The Channel Tunnel,
    LGV Nord to Paris Gare Du Nord and the
    Belgium High Speed Line 1 to Brussels Midi

12. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

The only routes available in the South East of the UK are the East Coastway which has a very branch line-ish feel and an unloved GWE Paddington to Reading route. There are just as many Northern routes- Tees Valley Line and Northern Transpennine Express- not to mention that they are of much better quality. So your point is invalid. One of the other big networks/terminus such as ECML/Kings Cross, MML, St Pancras, WCML/Euston, GEML/Liverpool Street, SWML/Waterloo, SEML/Charing Cross, SML/Victoria would be very much welcomed.

13. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Ehm Southeasterish of the UK London included.
    > GWE
    > Bakerloo
    > ECW
    > Southeastern High-speed
    Not invalid!

14. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

HS1 is not in TSW as far as I’m aware? Bakerloo is a tube line, even if you want to count that, it’s only 3 routes in the SE while there are still 2 Northern routes which, I’ll stress again, are much better both in terms of quality, variety and choice of route. Out of all the routes to showcase in the South East- as listed in my previous post- they have opted for a tube line which is mostly in a tunnel and a single traction (and that being very basic). The ECW has a very branch line-ish feel so please don’t suggest that we’ve seen anything close to what the SE has to offer in terms of traction, nice big mainlines, variety of freight and passenger, high speed, complex layouts, nice big termini, etc... Dont insult my intelligence by suggesting either of the 2 routes show any of this. The only route that comes close is GWE but that lacks a lot of love as so many commentators have said on various threads.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  15. Rail Runner

Would love Southampton to Waterloo too. One of the top 5 routes for me, along with a Danish route, Cornwall, and London to Brighton, and Hamburg to Bremen or Hanover.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Roadmap > Southeastern | London - Faversham via Ebbsfleet

• Like Like x 3
  17. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

If they extend the High speed 1 on tsw2 then I want them to add the class 373 Un-refurbished and Refurbished because the engines are awsome and the class 374.

18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I really want to know: WHAT is so amazing about driving a train half an hour through a tunnel? I really really can't see anything in that, what could overwhelm me and say 'Please take all my money for that!!'. I'm not talking about the on shore routes. Just the Euro tunnel bit - what? Why? Can someone please explain it to me?

• Like Like x 3
  19. elaineedwards2013

Good idea, including TGV Réseau, and Thalys PBKA and PBA for Paris to Brussels (Lille).
    I would love a Eurostar route from St Pancras to Paris and Brussels.
    Locomotives - Class 373 and 374 Eurostar: London St Pancras International to Paris Gare Du Nord/Brussels Midi.
    Southeastern Class 395: London St Pancras to Ebbsfleet/Ashford International.
    Class 92 Freight: Dollands Moor Freight Yard to Ripple Lane Freight Yard.
    Thalys PBKA and PBA (Réseau): Paris Gare Du Nord to Brussels Midi.
    TGV Duplex: Paris Gare Du Nord to Lillie Europe/Calais Fréthun.
    Le Shuttle: Folkestone to Calais.

Routes: High Speed 1, Channel Tunnel, LGV Nord, Belgium HSL1 (Classic Lines into Paris and Brussels).

NOTE: I am very sorry that it sounds too much, these are just ideas. That’s all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  20. elaineedwards2013

I would love a Eurostar route from St Pancras to Paris and Brussels.
    Locomotives - Class 373 and 374 Eurostar: London St Pancras International to Paris Gare Du Nord/Brussels Midi.
    Southeastern Class 395: London St Pancras to Ebbsfleet International/Ashford International.
    Class 92 Freight: Dollands Moor Freight Yard to Ripple Lane Freight Yard.
    Thalys PBKA and PBA (Réseau): Paris Gare Du Nord to Brussels Midi.
    TGV Duplex: Paris Gare Du Nord to Lillie Europe/Calais Fréthun.
    Le Shuttle: Folkestone to Calais.

Routes: High Speed 1, Channel Tunnel, LGV Nord, Belgium HSL1 (Classic Lines into Paris and Brussels).

21. dancomart#3014

Have you heard about the Kent loop for the class 395? They go to like Dover Priory, Margate and Folkstone central beyond Ashford Internation

22. dancomart#3014

Sorry I meant International I have bad spelling :/

23. elaineedwards2013

Yes I have

24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and London St Pancras to Paris Gare Du Nord via Channel Tunnel is 2 hours 15 minutes end to end. That should be the same Play Time duration as Clinchfield Railroad and SEHS. Furthermore Gare Du Nord can serve as the Paris route hub since it's with in a Walking Distance of Gare L'Est provided DTG makes LGV Est Paris Strasbourg and the German linking portion Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway. Basically permitting the player to control Eurostar E320 and DB BR407 also TGV POS 2N2 to which the PBKA is part of. Thalys TGV POS PBKA variant can be layered onto HRR & SKA if the player wanted a Paris Gare Du Nord Bochum service via Aachen Duisburg.

25. elaineedwards2013

Also, the E300 (373) Eurostar between London St Pancras and Paris Gare Du Nord/Brussels Midi.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

With this route , doesn’t it run from st Pancras to ebbsfleet, then some of hs1 continues along to Ashford ? As if this route was made it would probably be easy enough to develop the rest of the loop round to Faversham and join that to SEHS , giving us a much better experience

27. Coastway trainspotter

Hi ,
    I would highly doubt that Eurostar would have their dlc added for free , as if dtg are having so much trouble getting the licence , then Eurostar wouldn’t then just give it to us for free . But if it was free then me and lots of other Xbox players would be very happy :)

28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes! Because we know stations and populated areas are the most work intesive part of a route, let's add a whole commuter line on top of a 400km route, brilliant. Why not add the RER network of Paris as well :)

Of course price the standard €30/£25 it must be at least as detailed as Clinchfield and have much better sounds. And two completely new trains instead of 1 semi-recycled one.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  29. elaineedwards2013

Power Changes:
    London St Pancras to Paris Gare Du Nord:
    1. HS~ 25Kv AC on British High Speed Lines (HS1) to EuroTunnel 25Kv AC (ET~).
    2. EuroTunnel 25Kv AC to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (GV~).
    3. Grande Vitesse 25KV AC to 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing through Lille. GV~ to F~
    4. F~ 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC (GV~).
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to F~ 25Kv AC, Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

London St Pancras to Brussels Midi:
    2. EuroTunnel 25Kv AC to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (GV~).
    3. Grande Vitesse 25KV AC to 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing through Lille. GV~ to F~
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to Belgium 3000V DC (B=) on Classic line into Brussels Midi.

Voltages:
    F= -
    French 1500V DC on French Classic Lines.

B=
    - Belgium 3000V DC on Classic Line in Brussels Midi.

F~
    - French 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing though Lillie Europe and Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

GV~
    - Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (LGV Nord/Belgium High Speed Line 1).

ET~
    - EuroTunnel (Channel Tunnel) 25Kv AC.

BR=
    - British 750 DC Third Rail Supply (not used anymore).

HS~
    - British 25Kv AC on High Speed 1 (HS1).

BR~
    - British 25Kv AC on Standard British Lines (used by Eurostar’s on ECML for GNER).

30. Coastway trainspotter

Strange , you’ve thought you’d just drive on the same pantograph network the whole time , never knew french pantos were different to English ones . Thanks for the info :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me since I went with the newer Class 374 Eurostars. For those owners of Eurostar and SKA your DB BR406 ICE3 will be sitting at the platform across from you in Brussels Midi and if you decided to ride as the passenger or take over the train SKA should immediately load up for you once the train left Brussels Midi ICE Line 78 79 needs Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Railway

32. driverwoods#1787

Since LGV Nord has PBKA the 1.5kv DC Southern France and Netherlands 3kv DC Belgium rear pantograph is also used for 15kv 16.7hz Germany you should see this in real life on SKA & HRR the Paris Dortmund Thalys train stopping at Aachen HBF to lower the Front 1.95m DC Pantograph while retaining the rear 1.95m DC Pantograph to feed off 15kv 16.7hz

33. elaineedwards2013

Power Changes for the E300 (373) Eurostar:
    London St Pancras to Paris Gare Du Nord:
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to F~ 25Kv AC, Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

London St Pancras to Brussels Midi:
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to Belgium 3000V DC (B=) on Classic line into Brussels Midi.

Voltages:
    F= -
    French 1500V DC on French Classic Lines.

B=
    - Belgium 3000V DC on Classic Line in Brussels Midi.

F~
    - French 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing though Lillie Europe and Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

GV~
    - Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (LGV Nord/Belgium High Speed Line 1).

ET~
    - EuroTunnel (Channel Tunnel) 25Kv AC.

BR=
    - British 750 DC Third Rail Supply (not used anymore).

HS~
    - British 25Kv AC on High Speed 1 (HS1).

BR~ - British 25Kv AC on Standard British Lines (used by Eurostar’s on ECML for GNER).

Signalling Systems:
    AWS/TPWS
    = High Speed 1.

KVB = French Classic Lines (Classic Line into/out of Paris Gare Du Nord), on approach to London St Pancras.

TVM = French High Speed Lines (LGV Nord and Belgium High Speed Line 1) and HS1.

TBL = Classic Line between Brussels Midi and Belgium High Speed Line 1 (HSL1), similar to AWS.

VACMA = Used throughout the whole journey, alerts (checks) the driver’s progress.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  34. driverwoods#1787

VACMA TVM-430 & KVB are also on HS1 since it's actually mentioned on the Southeast high speed manual. Therefore VACMA KVB TVM-430 HS1 Channel Tunnel LGV Nord and the LGV1 Belgium lines.

35. elaineedwards2013

Yes, but KVB only functions on the French Class Line into Paris Gare Du Nord and the approach to London St Pancras. So, although the AWS activates, it isn’t really fitted into the signals there, instead they are fitted with the French KVB system. But still, you are correct. Also, all the signalling systems activate on the journey. I was only explaining a few tips for the 373 Eurostar, that is all.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I really don't get why people want 20 minutes in a tunnel. The best I could get out of it is a scenario when there is an issue in the tunnel so you have to go in with a repair train or something.

• Like Like x 3
  37. driverwoods#1787

You do have a point there and that means using a NS6400 EuroTunnel 0001 to pull a Eurostar 374 & 373 out of the tunnel. On the other hand 20-30 minutes of tunnel gameplay will open gateway to New York City subway because some of the routes are just straight tunnel the C,E & R trains fully underground routes no elevated surface level tracks.

38. Coastway trainspotter

If this route was ever made imagine how long the introduction would take ! With all the power changeovers it would take over an hour !

39. matinakbary

Good to know to pass these routes as well if they ever appear on the roadmap

40. trainsimplayer

Your NYC point completely ignores my point. My point is: Why would you want a tunnel? There is nothing to see.

• Like Like x 2
  41. trainsimplayer

Also I really don't think people would enjoy 20 minutes to half an hour in a tunnel. As cool as it maybe to see the Eurostar i think most people would get fed up of it pretty quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  42. matinakbary

Agreed, The beauty of the Eurostar could be appreciated on a better route like somehing in France or Belgium.

• Like Like x 1
  43. elaineedwards2013

I wouldn’t. I have always wanted to drive the 373 E300 Eurostar.

44. elaineedwards2013

I would, besides I have always wanted to drive the 373 E300 Eurostar.

45. trainsimplayer

Yeah but think about it. After 20-odd minutes in a grey tunnel are you really going to still be enjoying it?
    As I said I love the Eurostar but 20-30 minutes in a tunnel is far too much.

• Like Like x 3
  46. trainsimplayer

Plus the route length is far too long
    The Eurostar licence is hard to get.

• Like Like x 2
  47. elaineedwards2013

Well, I suppose, but I still would like to drive the Eurostar from London St Pancras International to Paris Gare Du Nord/Brussels Midi.

48. trainsimplayer

The only way I think this could be decent is if you get to the tunnel and a pop up says:
    Eurotunnel: We will load you in at the other side.
    [5 second countdown]

49. elaineedwards2013

Yeah, but I would still like to see the inside of the Channel Tunnel.

50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210410-125849_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1