PlayStation Very Obvious Looping Sounds On Locomotive Horns/other Sounds

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by brodeyness4, Feb 20, 2021.

1. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

• All horns on the locomotives on Sandpatch have looping sounds(new, and realistic K5LAs would fix this.)
    • All horns on the locomotives on Oakville Sub have a distinctive looping cut.
    • The horns on the Caltrain Cabcars have a looping sound when inside the cab.
    • The dynamic brakes on the AC4400CW and C40-8W both have a looping sound.

I am sure there are many more of these looping sounds on Non-North American Locomotives, but I don't play those often, so let me know what those are, so those can be fixed...

• Like Like x 2
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I think they have acknowledged that sound on ALL locos are not what or where they should be.
    They are well aware of it and are trying to fix them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

Thanks... I didn't know that

4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Bad looped sounds are an issue on console. Its on literally everything! Even the rain!
    This is an issue that I talked about A LOT of times, because it kills the immersion. And we don't get any notice from DTG.

Here is a small compilation I made for a other thread about the same topic:

I didn't include Preserved Collection stuff on purpose to prevent people shouting at me that Preserved Collection audio is broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I noticed the very nice sounding horn on the 395 in SEHS isn’t looping very well on PS4. The transition between the sections of the horn sound (initial rise, looped segment, and tail off) aren’t matched.