PlayStation Should Sehs Be Extended To London Victoria

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Irish Train sim, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I’d love to see SEHS extended to London Victoria. With the trains already available in TSW2, the 375, 377 and 465, I’d be happy if they focused solely on the route. Any additional trains would be a bonus! Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I want it but I think we’ll only get it as a separate route as Rainham - London Victoria, which I’d still like even if it’s not connected to SEHS.
    But because we now have the Class 375 and soon the Class 465, I could definitely see DTG do a SE route from Victoria

• Like Like x 7
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

While I would also love to see this, I have some doubts that DTG will do it. I think especially with the relatively new TSW, DTG is still focused on providing different experiences, and I think this would somewhat fall under the category "similar experience" :/ But then, maybe we get a different route from Victoria that would provide a different experience, I am really excited to see the new routes on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Irish Train sim

Agree with this. Would love to see them merge the routes to make one longer route. They already have the option to do this on two German routes but frustratingly haven’t done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

DTG have never extended a route, nor do they have anything on the roadmap to suggest this will change.

If they ever did though, this would definitely be a great one to see :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Irish Train sim

We can only point it out to them as fans that we would LOVE to see routes extended/merged. Just hoping they read the feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG is very much aware we would like to see route extensions, but they haven’t committed to giving us this for various reasons. I hope to see it at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think it should happen. It would add more gameplay use for the 375

• Like Like x 3
  9. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

would be good

10. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd prefer to see SEHS extended to Ashford International so that we can use the lower Ebbsfleet platforms and have longer high speed running on the route. The 395 and highspeed is the main showpiece of the route, if there were to be an extension it would make more sense to extend that portion of the route.

I doubt extensions will come anytime soon if at all. I think you're more likely to see London Victoria in a TSW2 version of London to Brighton.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So much we want, so little time lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It would be good. TBH, I can’t see the point of releasing the 465 for the short section (not even a complete route) that it will be used for (excluding scenario planner of course) when it could be used for the route into Victoria and it will just replicate 375 journeys. Sadly DTG’s policy seems to be not to extend routes.

Maybe a third party could take this on in conjunction with DTG?

• Like Like x 5
  13. Irish Train sim

I think that bringing out the 465 to substitute the 375 is a mistake personally but gives us players choice. Would be much better if they extended the route to Victoria with a mixture of the 375, 465 and the 377 from east coastway along the route.

• Like Like x 5
  14. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Eh? They extended the Portsmouth mainline to Waterloo and added extensions to the ts classic version of southeastern high speed with the sheerness branch and Maidstone line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. xblackwolf90

My statement is in relation to Train Sim World, rather than TS Classic.

They mentioned this in a stream recently also, and stated that DLC extensions for existing DLC don't make great commercial sense. The take up for the DLC you mentioned was low.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Irish Train sim

This was why I created the poll, that would hopefully show them that people are willing to buy DLC, within DLC. I personally feel it would be a fantastic route with already a lot of traffic on it. If they do it in TS Classic, why not on TSW..

• Like Like x 1
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It is long enough to release it as a stand alone route so that would answer the commerciality issue. I’m not sure how feasible it would be to connect it to SEHS but that would be a bonus for owners of that route and would be a great incentive for them to buy it.

18. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Nope. We have had that. Extend it to Dover priory. Let’s get some proper British high speed running plus a nice view of the south coast. Would be perfect.

19. tallboy7648

That's why I don't plan on buying the 465. The route is simply too short for that train. If it got an extension or another Southeastern line, then I would buy it but to me it seems like a waste of money at the moment

• Like Like x 2
  20. tallboy7648

Yet they make loco dlc which is dlc for dlc.....

21. xblackwolf90

Presumably this could be down to a few things:

1) Take up for loco DLC is higher.
    2) Loco development takes less resource than route extensions, so a lower cost to develop.
    3) Both of the above.

Purely speculation of course. When they mentioned it didn't make good businesses sense in a stream, they only mentioned very low take up of route extensions and didn't elaborate further on loco DLC.

I would personally purchase a route extension for SEHS, and hope that DTG do consider this in future. Based off the discussion in the stream, I suspect we may unfortunately be in the minority (whilst the poll shows 'yes' votes leading, it's unlikely the total amount of yes votes would cover development costs).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The Chatham Main Line is pretty much a separate route and would be bending the concept of a route extension. It would be better to release the Chatham Main Line as a separate route. If there are going to be extensions for SEHS (not that there will be), Ashford, the Medway Valley Line and the Sheerness Branch are much more realistic additions and add a lot more than yet another main line.

• Like Like x 4
  23. tallboy7648

SEHS does open up the possibility of more southeastern lines in the future. I think with the current route we have, the 375 can't really be used for a long period of time which is a shame so I do hope more southeastern routes in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Personally they missed a trick with SEHS, they should of included the Gravesend to Dartford section, and made Dartford the end of the route, so you could at least get a little bit better depth on the 375/465 and rail tours.

• Like Like x 7
  25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Personally I voted no, if SEHS is extended (highly unlikely), the extension should be to the highspeed section since that's the focus of the route, I'm glad they added in the CML section just because of the gameplay value, but any more line added should be to serve the main purpose of the route.

I suspect we'll see the CML return at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  26. tallboy7648

I would purchase a extension too for sehs. I don't think that we are in the minority in terms of extensions but I believe it's just the fact that dtg don't want to do them. Now personally for me I think what dtg should try to do is to extend the core tsw2 routes in the game. Those routes being the Bakerloo Line and Koln-Aachen. Koln Aachen for the DB BR 406 ICE3M is pretty short for the speeds you are doing and you can't even get to 300KPH. Not to mention you can't take it to a depot. I suggest this route be extended to Frankfurt HBF. That would give us the Koln-Frankfurt high speed line which I believe is 94 miles long from Koln Central Station to Frankfurt Central Station. You would get to 300KPH and could be a standalone route that can be merged together. High Speeed German Routes are popular and HMA which is a german high speed route sold well so I believe this standalone route/extension would do well in terms of sales. The Bakerloo line could also be extended to Watford Junction and London Euston to give is the London Overground Watford DC line and which could be a standalone dlc. These could be feasable due to the fact that they say they don't want to do extensions to routes that not everybody owns. Well everybody owns SKA and the Bakerloo line so it kinda takes that argument away plus I think those two routes would sell well. They should at least give it a try

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well you have to weigh up the pro's and con's of both points. Extend the HS1/CTRL part and go to Ashford, you're adding one station in to the mix.

Add the small extension from Gravesend to Dartford, you're adding in 5 more calling points, which would provide more timetabling etc.

If they were to add a Channel Tunnel section, then HS1 from Ebbsfleet to Calais would be a great idea, especially if they could merge it with SEHS (if you only owned Channel Tunnel version) you'd only be able to go as far as Ebbsfleet low level, if you owned both, you could drive non stop through to Ashford on Javelin and Calais with Eurostar (I know they would need the licence).

• Like Like x 1
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think that any form of extension is a long way off, there is definitely demand for it, and DTG have the figures how many people buy a DLC, so they could minimise risk, SEHS sold incredibly well apparently and is a good opportunity for an extension, there are multiple ways they could go with MVL, CML, Sheerness & HS1. However I think that joining routes is something that is going to need to be looked into, one thing we see with DTG is that we see rather short spurts in the order of 30-50 miles of a particular route, and they're usually popular routes and people want more of the route to use, I don't think it will particularly be too long before we see DLC coming out that would just be another part of the same route we have, such as CML or even Brighton Mainline, joining routes would increase the value of individual DLC's by quite a bit, RRO/RSN get picked up on this topic by both the community and DTG, and the answer is always "services don't pass through the 2 routes", while agree that linking the 2 routes now wouldn't be worth it financially or even a good use of time, had RRO connected to RSN's timetable when it released we could of had a much busier Hagen.

RRO/RSN sparked alot of conversation of route connections, and that's with almost no service interactivity, I suspect doing something such as the Sheerness Branch or a CML DLC without a connection will yield a much bigger demand for connections.

• Like Like x 2
  29. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This is where you weigh up the pro's and cons of deciding between the 2, adding a HS1 extension would probably cost less money, time and resources than doing a short 5 station extension, all while a HS1 extension would probably sell just as well.

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

It should be looked into in my opinion. Heck I think it would be cool to go to Ashford International for hs1 but then you'll get several threads asking the route to be extended to Dover Priory, Margate and Canterbury West if we could only go as far as Ashford. It would sell well in my opinion even though you you would only get 1 extra station. Routes like sehs are popular and some players just want more gameplay time with the train on said route. I like the 375 however I feel like on sehs (even though it's main purpose is high speed) is too short for the 375/465 hence why threads like this were made in the first place. RRO/RSN connection I believed sparked the idea of route connections as a compromise to extensions. If they did connect the routes, Hagen HBF would've been much busier. If routes like HMA, LGV and SEHS exceeded expectations in terms of sales, then maybe an argument can be made that those routes could do well in terms of extension sales. Now extending a core tsw2 route would be a good idea since everybody has those routes and could be popular and do well sales wise but I do agree at some point that rotue connections will have to be looked into especially if the demand is there

• Like Like x 2
  31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a "core route", only what's been bundled with this year's release. Next year there will be different bundled DLC

32. tallboy7648

Well they are the main routes of the game so techincally they are core routes if you don't buy other dlcs

33. ARuscoe

Again, no... they're just this year's bundle. Later this year they won't be

34. tallboy7648

By that time though everyone will have owned the tsw2 base routes

35. ARuscoe

OK, so I own the Bakerloo line. Does this mean I have played it, that I will ever play it, that I will buy a route related to it, that I will want to pay £16.99 for a route extension for it, that I will play that route extension or buy another loco or consist for it simply because when I bought the game it was given to me as part of that year's bundle

Short answer : no

I've never opened the route, probably never will so any associated DLC will pass me by. I doubt I'm alone in this.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. tallboy7648

Well of course but that doesn't mean there are not other people who may be intrested in a London Overground route. I've seen many requests for a London Overground Route and I think the Watford DC Line as a expansion to the Bakerloo line makes the most sense as most of the line is modelled in the BKL route. Would you be intrested in that, probably not. Would I be intrested in steam trains, no. We all have different things that were intrested in and if you don't like the idea if it ever came to fruition, you don't have have to buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Irish Train sim

I can tell you now, I also WONT be buying steam engines!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. tallboy7648

It will be intresting to see how they run when they come out though

• Like Like x 1
  39. Irish Train sim

It will but I like the more modern stuff. Steam isn’t for me.

• Like Like x 4
  40. tallboy7648

I like modern content too

• Like Like x 2
  41. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You cannot buy the bundled routes separately which is why people are referring to them as "core routes".

If TSW 3 comes along, you probably won't have access to SPG, BKL and Koln unless you had TSW 2.

• Like Like x 3
  42. tallboy7648

Thank You :) Even dtg says the BKL, SPG and SKA are the core tsw2 routes. I assume when tsw3 rolls along, the core tsw2 routes will sell for $29.99 each as route dlcs since they will no longer be the core routes by that time.

43. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I would've thought that BKL, SPG and SKA were base/core routes as they are what is included in all 3 versions of the game including the standard version.
    They couldn't release a game without any content/routes and then expect customers to purchase extras so they could play the game (extra DLC is optional, not a requirement). That would be like purchasing a car and then paying extra to have wheels put on (excluding upgrade options).

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

I certainly wouldn't spend $24.99 on tsw2 if it didn't have any new routes that came with that $24.99 price tag. DTG wouldn't be able to justify spending $25 on a "new game"

45. ARuscoe

Yes, I know. And in three years time they won't be. Same with TSx routes
    But given that the other person's points are based on "everyone will have those routes so DTG can't say they don't"... Yes, now. But in the future that won't stand

46. ARuscoe

I was amazed yesterday when browsing the PS5 store and found games retailing at £60 a shot. $25 (less than £18) for a DLC with hours of playability isn't all that much considering

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

That'll depend on how many new players get tsw3.

48. ARuscoe

And backwards compatibility etc, yup
    But even then, from September 2021 you will get new routes in the main bundle, so not everyone will have the three that're there now

49. tallboy7648

But most will if tsw3 is nothing more than a free update for tsw2 players which at the moment seems to be the case

50. ARuscoe

As and when DTG go to TSW3 is up to them but I'm guessing TSW2-22 may well be a thing
    Either way it's likely that SEHS will be the English route in the pack and from that point on your comment of "but everyone's got all the routes" becomes invalid, because they won't
    And then it becomes a point of how many people want to buy an extension to a route which is essentially more of the same of what they've got already? DTG have stats on this.

So either way it's a diminishing return
    Which is what DTG have been saying for months.