What's The Next Feature?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cramnor, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Some speculations, what do you think will be the next TSW feature? :) After train-outside PIS (SKA), station PIS (Bakerloo, HMA), power changeover (LGV) and working railroad crossings (SEH), to name a few, what do you think could be the next thing implemented on Clinchfield and Hamburg-Lübeck?

I would say something like dynamic weather could be a thing for Clinchfield, and then maybe train-inside PIS for Hamburg-Lübeck (showing next station, not only the destination). Once this is implemented, the next step could be announcements :)

So speculate away, what do you think will come, or what would you like to see next?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Steam engine? Might be TrackIR support also.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cramnor

I mean they are working on steam, but I was not thinking about these major projects like steam, passengers and so on, more these "little" new features they seem to sneak into most releases now :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Station and Train announcements maybe

• Like Like x 2
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

More interaction with loading areas other than passing train below them or see them in the scenery would be nice. Loaders, container cranes, dock or yard cranes, conveyors, silos, etc. The interactive loading would be more interesting than the currently automated process. I like how it was done in Oakville map. In the new route there are plenty of loading areas so that´s a good playground for coal.

On the other hand we have some boxcars and vans with doors and even mail wagons but we have no way to put boxes and parcels inside...

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Since PIS is still the theme, I hope it’s better display board interaction.

We seem to only be getting interactive on board PIS when the system that operates it is an up/down to select, let’s get some code input systems working.

On that note more interactive TMS across the board would be great.

• Like Like x 4
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Knowing my luck they will say 'Raildriver support is cancelled' having just spent over £200 getting one.

• Like Like x 3
  8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Assuming the Cabooses in Clinchfield have gameplay functionality I would say they're the next feature.

Really can't wait to see some breakvans on UK freight in future :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cramnor

I just bought one as well, still waiting for delivery, that would be disaster, I agree :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Player cash, buy coffees, bacon buttys, overpriced passenger tickets, overpriced chocolates and crisps from the vending machine. Buy new outfits/create your own company clothes. Pop into the barbers that suddenly appear on stations, utilise those on train snack bars. Oh and paying that fine because you forgot your mask...

On a serious note I'm very much looking forward to steam and the possibility of station announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I still think announcements will never happen, or are very far away.

I think (hope) the next big feature will be about something in timetable (that will roll out with Ham-Lub). I still want to think that the BR112 and the new DoStos will be available to use on all other german DLCs, as they will probabily be a step up from the MSB DoStos, and that would be a first.

For Clinchfield I think we will be able to unload coal, while we were able to load the gondolas I don't believe it is currently possible to unload them not even in SPG with the dash 8. That and the cabooses might be functional, so a new way of doing things that doesn't involve the "banking comm", that would also explain why it's blocked on the dash 8

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Aren't there unloading tasks in Peninsula Corridor? I think it's entirely possible to have them in any route.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Station arrival and departure boards. This should be do-able just by concatenating the data that supports the PIS system. At present it's weird - not to say sometimes frustrating- to want to know the platform for a particular train in Munchen Hbf and all the departure boards say is "Read the timetable!"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Raildriver has solid support within DTG. And there are plenty of RD enthusiasts in the community.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

For sure the motor that sprays "water" on the windows before operating the wipers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

Niche features are great but before any of that I think lighting and skybox issues should get sorted out, that's applicable to every route and adds a lot to the atmosphere

• Like Like x 2
  17. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I would not go as far as 'SOLID'. The updates are stalled at the moment and the last game update actually broke the door control in IOW. Would be nice for some more information.