PC Spawning Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Cramnor, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I have recently noticed a couple of times problems when spawning into the world with services. When I start a service (e.g. from the journey menu) and spawn into the world, everything is standing still, and only starts moving after a while. I had some runs today where I feel that this is one of the contributing factors causing delays and hold ups (since a train that is supposed to be going 20 for example at that point, is standing for a bit and then starts accelerating to this speed, causing this train to be delayed). I was running 2G55 on ECW today with particular problems, causing me a delay of four minutes due to a delay with the incoming train, that leaves Eastbourne towards the portal. When I spawn on foot 5 minutes before the services start, everything goes perfect and there are no weird stopping positions and hold ups, but when spawning the service, I repeatedly got the same issues.
    TSW2_1613900025_00.png
    (this is where the train "stopped"/spawned and opened the doors for passengers)
    upload_2021-2-21_9-35-48.png
    (In this particular instance, it even forces the AI train to follow the "wrong" track upto the next station, where it changes back to the left side. Waiting for this caused a significant delay for me.)
    I was also noticing these things at SEH, where Javelins would be standing half way out of Faversham for a bit before accelerating, causing my train to start with a slight delay. Again, if I spawn 5 minutes before on foot, everything works perfectly.
    I don't remember that from before (like a couple of months ago), and wonder if a recent patch has caused this. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Not sure when this started, but it's a problem which has been going on for at least a few weeks. Spawning creates problems especially when AI trains are in the middle of their stopping procedure at stations which is causing them to stop short.

Their behaviour isn't consistent either. I spawned at Chatham once and a train had stopped around 200 yards short of the platform, still mostly in the tunnel. After loading it drove away as normal. I spawned again at exactly the same time, and this time it stopped short and loaded, and then pulled up to its correct stopping point and loaded again.

It's not just a SEHS problem. If you spawn at Lewes at half past any hour during the day and look to your right, you'll see a Seaford-bound service loading despite being mainly in the tunnel. Spawn 5 minutes earlier, and it stops in the right place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jebaraanas

jebaraanas Member

20210219150008_1.jpg
    same issue here. i started a service from Faversham and i see this Class 395 just sitting here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I spawned on foot at aix en Provence and it was in complete darkness . No lighting