PlayStation Lower Ebbsfleet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Maverick_ng, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Is there a reason why lower Ebbsfleet Intl. Isn't playable? As trains in the sim stops there headed to Ashford Intl. and Dover Priory.
    I just can't imagine something being so close and already modeled platforms that would not be made to get there and take a service to St. Pancras.
    It could be awesome to have a gateway to walk thru both stations too. 781b1f89-fd2f-4362-998d-7c26de99519f.jpeg.jpg
    Me trying to pick a train on lower station, but unable :(

• Like Like x 5
  2. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Would be good if the services could be made driveable. I don't always want to drive the full 51 mile route everytime I play so a quick 15 min blast on the High Speed segment would be great.

• Like Like x 4
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You could always drive a Faversham service out of St Pancras and get out at Ebbsfleet. You won’t complete a service but if it only the drive you want, then this will do the trick. Also you can drive a Dover Priory train as far as Ebbsfleet by spawning on foot at St P. and jumping aboard. You will get an out of playable area message as you arrive into Ebbsfleet lower platforms but, again, it’s a workaround for a quick drive down the high speed section.

I agree that it would be good for the lower platforms to be accessible though, given that they have been modelled. While they’re about it, how about letting us walk around St Pancras station, like you can walk around Ryde Pier on the IOW route.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

The thing is that you get more chances to go Ebbsfleet- St. Pancras as some services on the upper station should wait a lot while in the lower station theres a coulpe of services in an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Active Member

Would also have like Northfleet to have been modelled as it wouldn't have been to much more to do and 375's do pass through as you can see on the bridge over HS1. Not sure if these only start at Gravesend though.

7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The platforms are not available because there was no time to model them to the same level of detail a station would need to be accessible (was said on one of the streams). The same goes for Northfleet by the way, only a stone throw away and not modelled at all.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Active Member

I hitched a ride on a Charing Cross train and it got quite a way. Through Northfleet if it had been modelled, over the HS1 track, over a level crossing and then the scenery started getting blocky. It chucked me out there and I started walking back. Got as far as the HS1 bridge which it wouldn't let me cross. I could however go down the slope and get into lower ebbsfleet, albeit you walk through the platforms not on them. I then jumped on an Ashford bound Javelin which took me a little bit down the track.
    Shame the didn't allow access to Northfleet and also lower Ebbsfleet with maybe passenger access to the upper platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I've said in another thread that if DTG were to ever do route extensions, it would be good to see these platforms see use with the route extended to Ashford international. It's a shame you can't just operate the services from lower Ebbsfleet to St Pancras though. I'm loving the Javelin and the more services, the better!

• Like Like x 2