What Routes & Locos You Don’t Have But Planning On Buying Later?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lunar_Twisted, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

So I just recently brought the M3 DLC loco on sale (even though I said in the past that I wouldn’t) for $9.99. I had my first run in the timetable and it was ok. I’m fully aware that the route and the locos will get bug fixes (whenever they come). The routes that I currently don’t have but planning on buying later on sale are IOW, HMA, and SEHS. Southeastern High Speed looks interesting and unique because of the power change. That is something that I need to get use to and remember the steps. Furthermore, I am also planning on purchasing the DLC locos on routes that I already own. They are C40-8W, BR Class 31, MP36PH-3C, MP15DC, DB BR 204, BR Class 20 and DB BR 363.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

RRO and BR Freight Pack are the ones I will get if they ever go on sale but I doubt they will

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Maybe the M3 for LIRR if the Route is ever fixed and from what is announced I definitely buy every German DLC (Hamburg-Lübeck, DB BR 101,187,232,420 and VosslohG6) and the Arosa Line

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

For me, it‘d be HMA. I‘ll get it once/if it gets its layers on console. Otherwise my backlog is pretty much clear for now, but will probably fill up again with all the stuff coming out soon.

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Right now my sights are set on the 465, 313 & 187.

I’ll probably pick up most the other stuff on sale, Arosa concerns me because I’m worried about how the console version will turn out, for Clinchfield the F7 will have to be really good, since that’s the only reason I’d buy the route, the 420 will probably not be getting bought for a while, I’m not giving DTG any more money towards HMA, the 232 is probably still a ways off so I’m not thinking about that, and I’ll probably never buy the G6, the German shunters all feel too much of the same thing being sold over and over.

I don’t own IoW, I’m not overly interested in it but If it ever drops below £10 I’ll give it a punt.

6. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Plan to get 465 , 313, and maybe the great western 1970 pack

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll likely pick up the SEHS eventually, if it goes on a good sale. I'm not much interested in the high speed section, but there seem to be other things to do, such as rail tours and regular passenger runs.

8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

TGV, but I'll wait for a sale. I can't justify the full £24.99 as I only tend to run high speed, limited stop services very often.

I always assess how much value I'll get out of a route before buying. For SHS, I knew I'd get £24.99's worth no problem, so I went in on day one. The same applies for HMA.

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If you prefer high speed then I would recommend LGV . If you prefer slower and high speed then I recommend HMA or SEHS . IOW is a lovely little line so if you prefer traditional slower line then I’d recommend that and maybe the arosa line as well

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Same here but I think I’ll probably miss out the 1970’s pack