A Question On Sehs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david-bright184169, Feb 20, 2021.

1. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

How difficult would it be for the 375 route to be extended and follow the 3rd rail system
    the rest of the way from Gravesend into London?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It won’t be easy that’s for sure. It’s a lot of miles.

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just make your own scenario and use off the rails mode - then your 375's will happily run all the way to St Pancras.

Or, for extra fun, why not try for a run up to Ebbsfleet and then see how far you can coast - can you make it all the way to St Pancras from Ebbsfleet without power? I got surprisingly close when I tried :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Gravesend to Charing Cross is approx 24 miles but there's a whole metro system between Dartford and London

The line splits just West of Dartford with the southern line going via Sidcup, Hither Green and then meeting up with the Kent mainline, bypassing Lewisham and into London Bridge (orange line on map below)
    The northern line out of Dartford splits again just before Slade Green with the line via Eltham which goes on through Lewisham and joins the Kent mainline just before St Johns (dark blue on map below)
    The main North Kent line goes via Abbey Wood and Woolwich before splitting again just West of Charlton, with the southern spur going to Blackheath and onto Lewisham (green line below)
    The northern spur goes via Greenwich before joining the KML West of New Cross (light red line below)

Whole system is about 44 miles total

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would be great to have all that in game, recreating the entire U.K. rail map (eventually) would be super awesome, but realistically never likely to happen. Where routes are snippets of a larger section of line though, like in SEHS, I would love to see the routes expanded eventually, but even that’s probably unrealistic given DTG’s current stance on extending existing routes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would also mean that freight out of Cliffe and Hoo would be able to go over to Lewisham and Hither Green and also up come from the west, round the Crayford Loop to Angerstein Wharf

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hopefully route extensions will come at some point

• Like Like x 1
  8. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Quite unlikely. The developers have said multiple times that creating DLC for DLC (e.g. route extensions) is not financially feasible. Only a very small subset of players would buy them while it would cost the same to make as separate routes. So it's not likely that they'll ever do route extensions, unfortunately.

9. david-bright184169

I might try that, I didn't realise the 375's went as far as Ebbsfleet as all the ones I've done so far
    have terminated at Gravesend

10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

No they don't go to Ebbsfleet normally - when I did it, it was a custom scenario and I forgot to turn on off-the-rails, remember at the last minute and gave it max power hrough Ebbsfleet and coasted - got to just before St PAncras before it stopped tho :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They don’t in timetable mode, but the 750dc Rail system is in use all the way upto Ebbsfleet Fleet before switching to OHLE.

12. david-bright184169

I tried that for fun
    notch 4 from Gravesend with 12 cars to make it as heavy as possible
    no brakes from there on, fingers crossed on approach to Ebbsfleet
    rolled to a halt 1.3 miles from St. Pancras with a score of 2665
    wouldn't have believed it possible
    it was that last 2.6% climb that did it

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yet they make loco dlcs. Dlc for dlc for a small subset of players as well. I think a good compromise would be to extend the core tsw2 routes. They could extend SKA to Frankfurt from Koln which would give us the Koln Frankfurt High Speed line (a standalone route which can be merged together) and would give us the ability to actually use the Koln depot. High Speed routes are popular and do sell well and it would be 94 miles so maybe they can give it a try. They could also extend the Bakerloo line to Watford Junction or London Euston to Give us the London Overground Watford DC Line with the 710s and 378. I think a London Overground route would be pretty popular. This compromise takes away their argument of we can't extend routes that not everyone has because everyone has The Bakerloo Line and SKA

14. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I guess creating a locomotive is more feasible because it's easier (and faster) to create than a whole route. Also, thanks to the Scenario Planner and the Off the Rails mode, a separate locomotive can be used theoretically anywhere in the game, while a route extension DLC would be accessible only to those who already own the base route.

15. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Now that is something I want to try!