Xbox Speed Limit Marker Shows Imperial Units Regardless Of Setting

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by dreampage, Feb 15, 2021.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

If you set the HUD to Metric measurements (km/h) but leave the on-track speed limit markers on, they will still show the speed limits in Imperial units (mph). This causes a discrepancy between what's displayed on the track and in the top-right corner, which can be confusing. This worked properly before but a few updates ago it was broken (I can't give you the exact time as to when it must have been). It applies to all US and UK routes, I experience the same on East Coastway as well as Peninsula Corridor (haven't tested the rest yet).

How to reproduce:

- Set the HUD to Metric units (so don't leave it on Automatic)
    - Set the on-track speed limit markers ON

I took a photo to show the problem in practice. The distances are displayed correctly (in meters) but the speed is not. It should be displayed in km/h as well, if the HUD is deliberately set to Metric units.

tsw2.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. dreampage

Just to confirm, this glitch is present on Southeastern High Speed as well. I know the route itself changes from Imperial to Metric depending on the power line but I think if we choose the HUD to be Metric then everything should be displayed as that.

Now, on SEHS the speed limits are always shown in mph. Between London and Ebbsfleet, the on-track marker is shown in mph while the HUD (upper right corner) shows in km/h. Between Ebbsfleet and Faversham both are shown in mph regardless of the HUD setting. The rest of the HUD is fine (speedometer and distances are all in km/h and km as they should be).

So it's basically the speed limit markers that don't change.

3. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Have you changed it in the main menu settings then load into the game? That might work.

4. dreampage

Yes, I did. However, it's still the same unfortunately.

Train Sim World® 2.png

Edit: Also, changing the setting on the fly during gameplay has no effect on the speed limit display either. The other elements of the HUD change accordingly, but the speeds don't.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

same problem on ps4 with germans lignes

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021