Hoo Runaround Service Sehs Issue At Sittingborne

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stevenwalker1985, Feb 17, 2021.

1. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Everything was fine till i got to sittingborne. Going along at 15mph as instruced. Saying go via, which i was. Got to the green light at the end of the platform. Up pops next instruction then slams emergency brakes on straight after it. I then reset everything. Brakes off as normal but no power to move the train. Everything was set as normal to move the train. But it wasnt going anywhere. So i couldnt finish the service.

2. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

That happened to me too. I turned then safety systems off then back on again, seemed to clear it. Not ideal, but it allows you to finish the route.

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

if you've got the safety systems on check the brake demand light - if it's on, it takes 2 minutes before it clears and you can't start to release brakes until that happens (and even then it'll take a bit of a time to release from a full application like that).

• Like Like x 2
  4. stevenwalker1985

Whats a brake demand light? Where is it?

5. DTG Matt

On the 66 i believe it's above the windows on the left hand side, there are three lights on the TPWS section.

6. stevenwalker1985

Ok

7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I watched the live stream where Matt was doing the Hoo Runaround service. How the heck did he know what to do? From what I could see on screen, there were no instructions but Matt was going, I’ll just disconnect here, I’ll switch this lever and go down here and hook up to some trucks which looked the same as other trucks.

Same with the Last Stop scenario. How are you supposed to know which levers to pull in Gillingham Yard? I got there by trial and error but the map was no help. In real life, I presume there’s a signal person setting the road for you.

8. stevenwalker1985

What
    Hes maybe done it before when making the route. Dunno really

9. DTG Matt

They were the same trucks - hence the name "runaround" (i.e. running around the trucks). The instructions are all there on screen OR on the map - if you're in a yard always look at the map and verify where you need to go and set switches accordingly to follow the blue line.

Was anyone else confused about what to do? Maybe we need to do pick a scenario and just explain and walk our way through the whole thing on a RFTV stream perhaps ?

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. I agree that a step by step shunting scenario stream is a great idea. I have no idea what I am doing at Gillingham Yard. I looked at the map but, even zoomed in, I am confused as to which switches to change. There are switches but clicking on them doesn’t seem to do anything so I ended up getting out and changing them manually. It was trial and error though as to where to drive to to get to the correct switches. It doesn’t help that it is dark either.

I don’t think I could even attempt the Hoo runaround. I didn’t see any instructions on your screen apart from “Stop at Location as Indicated” but I couldn’t see what was indicated apart from the end marker (and I will probably end up in the wrong road). It would be useful to have a stream or other tutorial as I would like to have a go at doing something other than driving a passenger service up and down but haven’t got the confidence or patience to attempt something like this without help. I think that there are some Youtube videos covering it so I think that the next step for me will be to check these out.

As I said, I thought that in real life, there would be someone to set the road for you rather than the driver doing it. Perhaps the way it works in the game gives more of a challenge but some help would be greatly appreciated.

11. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

On the subject of the rogue emergency brake application just after Rochester stn on the return journey, I can get the brakes released, can't get the train to move though, no matter how long I wait, the light doesn't go out. (As this happens just after a signal, I guess it thinks the signal is at danger when it isnt?)