12-car Formation On Ecw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cramnor, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I recently started playing on ECW, and was wondering if there is a way to drive the 12-car formation? I saw them both at Brighton and Eastbourne, but only for the services leaving the map. Even when spawning to take this specific train I saw at Eastbourne as a 12-car unit, it then only spawned as a 8-car unit. Are there special services that run this configuration, or is it down to Scenario Planner?

Thanks for the help :)

2. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

The 12 car trains at Brighton go to London, which is outside the map. Only 4 and 8 car services are drivable in timetable mode, all the 12 car trains go outside the map. There are 12 car formations in the scenario designer however.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  3. Cramnor

That was my fear :( Dang, thanks for the reply

4. hightower

hightower Guest

I really hope that when (rather than if) they make London to Brighton they do so as an extension / add-on to ECW rather than a standalone route.

To make it stand alone would be a real shame.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

I really hope that they listent to the communitty to make London to Brighton it shouldn't be that hard,they aleardy have the linceses for Southern and a 377 if they are working on this I hope that it comes also with a Gatwick Express 387

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You can use a 12 car 377 in scenario planner but otherwise there are no services which consist of 12 services

7. Cramnor

Sure, that always works, but Scenario Planner is such a pain, I would have liked to drive them in the time table, but that seems to be not possible.

8. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

there is only one service on the ECW which has a composition of 12car I will send you a link this is in timetable mode

9. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

I tried that service and it is a 8 car not 12

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cramnor

So how did you manage to make that one a 12-car unit? Cause spawning on foot and starting the service both make it an 8-car service for me :(

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there are no 12 car consists because the platforms on the route IN THE GAME don't support them.

12. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

There's a number of 12-car services from Eastbourne to Victoria via Lewes in reality, but they are not simulated for whatever reason. Platform lengths aren't an issue as all 377s and the vast majority of stations on the the SN network are fitted with ASDO.

13. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yep but this is a game isn't it....... Yes, yes it is!

It's not been added for whatever reason, easier just to limit consists in the game to what will fit in the platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cramnor

I mean it would be nice to have those services from Eastbourne to L Victoria, and also the SDO functionality of course (I mean, you can at least only open the doors on the first 4-car unit, I think that is decent enough to include 12-car formations). Maybe when ECW gets a rework, that could be added, or if there is another route with the Electrostar (which there will be for sure :D) they could add this functionality.

15. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Kind of a shame that Vic bound services aren’t replicated. Would be good to be able to join the 4 car to the back of 1F09 like it does in real life.