More And More Dlcs Vs Bugfixes And Quality Control

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shamanspark, Feb 19, 2021.

1. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

You bring new DLCs every 5 seconds but what about the fix of the problems??
    Sound in preserved really bad, broken scenarios and so on and on. (and on)

Please just dont make more new money again and again, and give the bugfixes more developement time !!

Should we buy more and more just to have more quantity? Improve the quality of the existing content finally !!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well they should take their time to polish their content BEFORE release, that's for sure. However fixes for preserved collection routes are on the way, in case you didn't know yet. And not just sound fixes, but other improvements as well, so heads up, my man.

But I understand your frustration, I think most of us here do, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Compared to the early days of TSW we are getting a lot of work done on old DLCs.

LGV has improved massively since release, and many of the bugs were fixed.

ECW will soon be enhanced with the addition of PIS

The bugged AFB on the Br185 got fixed within 1/2 weeks from release. The HST and Class 377 performance have been fixed. The Class 166 audio has been fixed, the Br146, 143 and 185 audio has been fixed to an acceptable level until it will be finally restored back to how it was in TSW2020, probabily not far off from now.

In the next weeks we'll see some improvements and fixes to LIRR, after that MSB and RT.

Compare that to the early TSW days when they couldn't add a "10" speed sign to MSB until, hopefully, Adam team gets to work on MSB :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

New DLC, good quality control and bug fixes can all live together at the same time. It’s not a case of one versus the other. It’s just that DTG are constantly playing catch up. Past neglect is still having an effect but there has been an improvement in the way things are done. It’ll be great if they ever do catch up so everything can be fixed within a month or two of release. I think that would be the best we could ever hope for. I don’t think there is any scope for slowing down the releases to make the catching up any quicker because the routes are actually taking longer than expected to get finished due to them all being fairly long this year.

Although there is an almost endless list of fixes that still need doing there has been more work than ever before on old content since the establishment of a dedicated team. New routes are getting fairly extensive fixes soon after release too, despite some issues still remaining. When things do pass over to the preservation crew that’s when it joins a long but ever shortening queue for further fixing. That’s also where a lot of people’s frustration begins, including mine on more than one occasion. But that crew never existed before, so there is hope that they can catch up with the backlog.

• Like Like x 8
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes DTG stop producing new content, reduce your cash flow, make staff redundant.....oh no more bug fixes!

They are managing both, maybe not to everyones liking but certainly much better than before!

• Like Like x 16
  6. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I take it you a) never actually worked in software development and b) never operated a business. No software is going to come out 100% perfect each and every time and no business could survive if they stop producing revenue-making products just to please a small but extremely vocal minority of customers who are never, ever satisfied with anything, complaining over legitimate concerns along with pointless ones such a the way a blade of grass looks. SMDH.

If they stop releasing DLC, how the Hell are they going to pay the developers to work on bug fixes?

• Like Like x 5
  7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

They have other studios releasing content now so dlc would be frequent. And the preserved team is quite small so bug fixes sound improvements take along time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And getting the money for it, too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I also think they need to think a bit about this situation. I can understand they need sales but yesterday I noticed I have reported 300 tickets in total for all currently released content. This is simply too much, too exhausting and too frustrating. There are issues in all DLCs and preserved collection is still partially fixed as only few DLCs were updated and we have the sounds issues but also functionality errors (locomotive displays, cab switches, signalling, etc)...

Where are we going to with this? :| I mean, I like game and I see patches being released as well but I can´t imagine enjoying it if I must dedicate a high amount of time to report errors that take months to be fixed. If you bet for fixing then fine, we can support you by reporting things and then you can fix them easier. But fix them definitely and focus all resources on that so that only minor things remain and also test new releases properly and deeply to avoid replicating old issues on new content as well. If not with every new release we have tons of new errors as well that are added to the list and we will never have an optimized game. This is a never ending story that will only get worse as the amount of DLCs is increased.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Would it be fair to say that more dlc equals more money which allows them to employ to work on preserved and bugs.

Less dlc means less income meaning less staff to build the business bigger.

At some point the equilibrium will balance I’m sure

• Like Like x 3
  11. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Big Mountain wrote "Small but extremely vocal minority of customers who are never, ever satisfied with anything" by that remark I conclude you have never run a business yourself. If i thought that DTG considered me as one of the customers you portray then they would be one customer less.

Mike

• Like Like x 2
  12. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Don´t forget that "customer is always right" is the core of any serious business. Even if here we are in close contact with developers we are still customers. So if somebody is unhappy with game the answer should never be against that claim, as there´s always a reason behind that claim. I never saw DTG doing that at least, as I consider them serious, but it has no sense either that rest of customers are against a claim just because for them the situation is acceptable. This should not be a battle for or against the company or the users but a battle for game quality only. Demand, competition and claims are the natural way to get improvements in all products everywhere.

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  13. michael hooley

True geloxo, it is a lot less expensive to keep the customers you have than to aquire new ones.

Mike

• Like Like x 5
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Players have every right to raise issues about the game, even ones most of us would consider trivial. It's up to DTG to triage those complaints as best they can. But the suggestion that they should slow down or even halt their production schedule in order to devote all their resources to fixes for existing products is a ridiculous idea. A steady flow of new product is their lifeblood. As it is, compared to TS20XX, the release rate for new routes and locomotives in TSW2 is glacial.

• Like Like x 5
  15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

It may sound ridiculous but if the production increases the amount of errors then the workload balance between new and old is impossible to maintain. This is my biggest fear as if you take a look back to release date not so many things have been fixed on the content available at that time (including preserved DLCs). It´s true they published patches for new routes like LGVM and SHS in relatively short time but what happens to the rest of content (more than 60% of game DLCs indeed)? Nothing in 6 months basically except few exceptions, and now LIRR on the roadmap.

So how much should I wait to have DLCs which I already paid for fixed in game? 1 year, 2 years, more? Yes, I want to buy new content I like also to support them as they need the money too, that´s clear, but if it will take so much time to be fixed then maybe I prefer to wait 2 years to buy stuff as that may be a better DLC quality at that point once it has been fixed. Result: they will get less money in short time, which I think is not the best situation for anybody either.

Cheers

• Like Like x 7
  16. solicitr

Not really- trust me on that. We all say it, but if we treated as an absolute law we'd all be bankrupt.

Sometimes the customer is wrong.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Crosstie

You must be a good deal younger than me, then.:) The only problems that would rise to the level of "all hands to the pump" should be those that make the game or particular dlc unplayable. I've yet to see such an issue in TSW2. Of course, "unplayable" is somewhat subjective, but, in this context, it means "falling over".

• Like Like x 3
  18. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I would agree when customers claim things which were not planned, or want more features for the same price they formerly paid. But when something is not working as expected then sorry, but in that case customer is always right.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  19. theorganist

From my experience in the past working in the service industry, I can safely say the customer was wrong at least 50% of the time, not that many would dare tell them!

• Like Like x 3
  20. theorganist

Well presumably as the DLC's are in such a state you haven't purchased any in a long while.

If I found DLC to be so useless that I couldn't use it, I would have stopped purchasing long ago, uninstalled TSW and found something else to do!

• Like Like x 4
  21. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That was exactly the case why I parked TSW for more than 1 year. I came back on TSW2 release, got the DLCs in the discount and had faith again but after 6 months and having now all published DLCs in my collection I start to think DTG will never change the approach. Things will continue to be released rushed, people will accept that this situation is normal just because they forget the past when something new is put on the store and game quality will degrade over the time as nobody will be able to handle the amount of pending corrections for the price of the sales.

If you guys are happy with that, fine. If you prefer a monthly based release of whatever just to play something new, fine. I don´t want that as I think quality can and need to be improved. I can´t really understand why any critic to the situation is systematically handled as if we were living in another world. I´m an active supporter of this game, I reported a ton of things to help them but I´m also very critic when things are wrong (or I understand they are wrong). Sounds are not working well or are even completely silent as the BR143, signalling has errors in scenarios and services, route scenery has errors, catenary is missing wires all over the place, rolling stock has issues on the screens and systems... An important set of features are therefore not working well and there´s no DLC free of such errors, so that became a pattern and that´s what I don´t like as customer.

The excuse is always that game is complex and this is a small team and they are overloaded. Sorry, that´s not the way to proceed from a serious developer like DTG with years of experience in their backs and several titles published. I mean, what would you think if you purchase a mobile and one portion of the touch screen is not working? Would you keep it because you can still use the rest of the screen? For sure you will all go to the store to complain. This is what I´m doing here. I don´t want a refund or something like that but just the things to be improved and get the quality that is expected from such a game and such a company nowadays, because they can do it and they demonstrated it to us many times in the past.

Cheers

• Like Like x 8
  22. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

They're doing both but I do feel more attention is needed to these DLCs so that we don't have to wait weeks and months to finally play a DLC of the quality that we expected on initial release. Its slightly disappointing. Yes the company has to make money but they won't be making much if future DLC continuously disappoint us customers. I also feel that perhaps deadlines are becoming difficult to meet. SEHS was delayed and was still slightly disappointing until the fixes and improvements were made.

• Like Like x 3
  23. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

"I conclude you have never run a business yourself"... sorry to burst your old bubble, I do run a business and no, I know better than to stop serving the vast majority of my customers over the concerns of a few. The OP and others seem to want the company to stop making new products altogether while they focus on bugfixes for products which a handful of the customers have complained about... meanwhile they pull in no revenue and alienate the vast majority of customers who are not on this forum crying and whining over a blade of grass.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Crosstie

Yes but I think the true meaning of "the customer is always right" is that the customer is "right " even when he/she is wrong.

• Like Like x 6
  25. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I don´t care about the business model they want to follow. That´s not my problem at all. Market is free and the smart survive and the rest fail. But I don´t know any relevant company that survived by selling things which don´t work well.

But I don´t understant why any critic about the game has to be understood as if users where haters, babys craying or aliens, when anybody that has used the game knows that those failures exist. Crosstie explained very well what common sense in business is. If a bunch of users understand that failures are relevant and say "hey guys, be careful as you may be running too fast with releases and they are not well tested as we have many bugs" any smart company would take a look at the number of tickets and the bug reports forurm and make some mathematics to handle that situation.

Without that we came to exotic situations like the one with SHS: route was rushed, patch was already scheduled to be rushed and it was even more rushed, so the result was an incomplete fixing due to the cutting corners approach. A total fail, as now they will need another iteration to patch it and the people that could be fixing other things will need to come back to fix SHS again. The same amount of people most likely was going to buy the route anyway if it came 1 month later. Why that horrible release? Does it make sense to any of you? Clearly not as the amount of complaints in the forum was very high. The problem is that is not the first time we see that. Preserved collection was the first case and is still not working. So there´s a point where you, as customer, start to become angry. Many people said after initial game release "guys, don´t run. We don´t want again the same mistakes as in TSW1. Let´s have a new game working better since day 0". And here we are. Now we have 30 DLCs so the problem has been multiplied but still remains unsolved.

For me this is not quality. It´s a cutting corners sprint that leads us to nowhere better than where we are today and I don´t like it, as this is not helping at all, nor to DTG nor to the users. Please don´t rush things. Please test things before release and please fix errors for exisiting content. I will be pleased to buy another 30 DLCs in the future, as most of us will do for sure, but please also let´s make things properly from now onwards as this is frustrating.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  26. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Geloxo, you reported three HUNDRED tickets?! Omg. Are they paying you? They should be! Lol. With that number of tickets, they'd need to have a full time developer dedicated purely to fixing the issues raised by just you!

I agree that there are things they need to fix urgently in old DLCs, for example the sounds on MSN (omg horrible). However I know they also have to keep the lights on, so it's a balancing act. I think you might have slightly unrealistic expectations of this game for the price though. There's no way they're going to fix 300 issues. I think you're asking way too much. It's a game, not a £1m professional training sim. Realistically, they ought to prioritise the worst bugs that are affecting most people, but at some point they have to call it "good enough" for the price and move on. Otherwise we'll just see releases become less frequent and the cost will go up and then people will get pissed off because there's not enough new content to keep them interested and the price is too high. You get what you pay for and some people don't want to pay a lot.

27. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I know they need money and the DLC price rules the expectations. I just want to say here that I think we are not going in the good direction as the more the DLCs the harder will be to correct things if they react too late. I would prefer not to have a lot of DLCs partially working if we can have more debugged content and a better simulation experiece, even if that means more expensive DLCs and less amount of them. It´s also important how the current game standards are nowadays. Simulators are becoming more complex and professional so, after playing with them, I like to have such products available rather than average ones with lower quality even if I have to pay more for them (I´m not saying this game is average).

Not all my tickets are issues which are critical (lucky us! :D). I just let them know the errors I found in case that helps cause I like the game and I know they are a small team. I´m not against DTG at all, even if I may appear aggressive in the critics.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  28. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I think I broadly agree with you. They do need to just slow down a bit and sort out the myriad of preserved collection issues before ramping up with new DLCs. I'm just not sure that raising 300 tickets is going to help the cause though. All it does is overwhelm them with tons of requests and it must be difficult for them to prioritise which ones need to be taken seriously. You might get more of your requests listened to if you sent a bit less and just kept it to the bigger issues. I used to work in a software company with a similar number of employees to DTG and trust me, if we had a customer raise 300 tickets, everyone in the office would know about them and roll their eyes. There's no way all that stuff would get fixed. It would just get chucked into purgatory that is the "backlog". Don't be that guy.

• Like Like x 2
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I would say that you only ever hear “the customer is always right” from a customer who is definitely wrong!

• Like Like x 2
  30. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

Listen, I know you like to side with DTG, and that's fine. But saying they are managing a proper QA system is not fair. If QA was a proper thing, and it was done well in advance of a release, then we wouldn't have 90% of the problems we have with DLC at launch. SEHS was previewed like 1 or 2 weeks before release, and then it still didn't have most sounds. This alone proves that DLC's are either rushed or horribly tighly planned. Corporate wants the DLC to hit the shelves but the devs are still finishing up the product.

• Like Like x 5
  31. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I just hope banks never find this forum. Their dreams would come true if they are looking for new customers! :D

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  32. theorganist

I don't like to side with DTG, if you can stop being childish and if you actually bothered to read my posts you will see I was quite critical of some aspects of SEHS as I have of other DLC, as I have said many times by posting reflects my genuine feelings toward their products, generally happy but not without fault.

However it is totally unrealistic to suggest that DTG should stop production of DLC to concentrate on fixing things. They are running a business, a business needs cash flow, you only have to see the amount of business which have gone bankrupt during the pandemic because that cash flow stopped, to tell you that. Maybe they aren't doing a quick enough job for you in fixing bugs, but they are fixing them and the recent experience with SEHS shows that they do listen.

The fairy tale utopia you want to to believe exists, doesn't!

• Like Like x 2
  33. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

How are you supposed to get better content if you are creating bugs faster than you fix them? At some point one of the content creation teams has to be moved to the preservation crew, it is just inbalanced as it is. Plus once you fix bugs the reviews will improve and people will go back to old content - maybe buy the ones they avoided because they were a mess on launch and the reviews are poor. So fixing buggy content can bring in additional revenue, you don't just have to pump out new content all the time.

SEHS still has mixed reviews on steam, some of the other items like the 204 had such poor reviews they went back and fixed stuff and you can see Sam firefighting to some extent in the comments section of the reviews.

They clearly know you can't exist forever on buggy content but as I say, if you are creating them faster than you can squish them then there is a big problem there.

• Like Like x 4
  34. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I'm so amazed to see how you guys are more worried about DTG healthy accounting instead of about your own rights as buyers.

Can someone please provide a realistic estimation about whole preserved collection being fixed and fully fuctional as they advertised upon release? Just an order of magnitude of years is fine, don't worry. And remember nobody said that compatibility was meaning silent sounds or a future patch. It was going to be compatible upon release. Is that realistic or a cheat?

I tell you what is unrealistic: take for granted that customers will be your private beta testers instead of hiring your own, rush new content to cover the cost of unplanned fixings expecting a smile and asume a customer that buyed something will buy anything else in future, even if it's faulty.

Why do you think they made the pre-orders? For you to have a discount or to know when to stop working on the content if sales are not going to be enough? Guys, wake up! If you accept less the output for your money you will get will be smaller every time. That's the basic rule of profit: don't change anything unless sales are at risk.

That's why it's important to share those discussions openly here with the team to raise a warning. Not because we want to destroy DTG or fight againts other users. But just to avoid mistakes that would lead to a situation where people is so unhappy with game that starts to leave the boat. That's not good for any of us nor for DTG themselves.

For the time being I prefer to stop reporting errors. I just got tired of this situation even if I tried my best to help. Let's see what future brings to us and I will decide what to buy and what not.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  35. theorganist

Not all of us think that the sim is such a disaster. I am using it fine with few problems and largely enjoying it, I certainly haven't found the hundreds of bugs you apparently have reported, not that it is perfect and I have never said that.

The fact that you are in a position where you are moaning about delay to fixing bugs in the preserved collection highlights the point that DTG have changed and have listened as they weren't going to do much with the preserved collection in the first place, the GWML stock for example is much better sound wise.

They have said they are working on the preserved collection, having some arbitrary deadline doesn't help anyone, it puts pressure on those fixing it and raising false expectations amongst users. Anyone who has worked on projects know that things very often don't go to plan, not in the real world I have inhabited for the last few decades!

And yes, I would prefer DTG to exist and provide content than not exist. If my experience with the sim had matched yours I would have uninstalled it a long time ago, probably well before the first 100 bugs had been reported! If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't use it or spend money on it, I certainly wouldn't keep purchasing DLC and then coming on their forums getting angry about it.

I keep seeing these doom and gloom posts describing TSW as such a disaster and bug ridden, I wonder if we even are using the same product! I am not a casual gamer either, I am a serious railway enthusiast and quite a purist when it comes to realism.

• Like Like x 1
  36. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Game is not a disaster. Is a really, I mean really, nice and interesting piece of software and probably the best train simulator we will see in years. It just has bugs that show they don´t take the time enough to test things properly cause they appear to focus on new content income only. That´s the main warning given by users including me in threads like this one, as this could turn game into a disaster indeed because at some point the amount of errors will be so big that they will just ignore them. I know DTG listen to us as I have seen changes as well. That was the result of many other claims like this one from other users and that´s why is healthy to share them in the forums, provided that they are constructive.

But honestly, what is the added value to have a rushed release if you need to fix it afterwards and your customers will complain? You can take 2 more weeks to test it, run the scenarios and services and explore the route to check signalling, speed limits and objects so that there are no errors or gaps and do it systematically for every release and don´t wait for users to do it and take months until a patch is set, just because that´s cheaper and easier for development. Will you lose sales if DLC releases are delayed two weeks? Really? I bet you will lose more if the quality is degraded over time. As a result of that approach Adam and his team had to be allocated to fix the old content instead of being focused on creating new innovations or improvements. That´s not good at all for DTG I would say as it will take time and money to do it, even if from the customer perspective is what we expect to be done.

The problem is not that there are some errors that appear randomly in exotic situations only. Anyone will accept that as very unfrequent and hard to detect. There are errors that even block you to complete the scenarios or services and that became a pattern, as this is not happening on the preserved collection only but also in the new DLCs. Do you think this is good for the simulation experience or for us as customers? At least I should be able to run the simulation, no? Then I would decide afterwards if I liked the overall experience, if I want to claim that headlights are too soft or sun is too bright, for instance.

While we have signalling errors (the core of driving), service and scenario flows that result in gameplay being stuck and systems in the rolling stock not working, I´m sorry but I would insist that the simulation experience needs serious improvements. I´m also a big supporter of the attention to details they put on some things. You can check my guide to see how much time I dedicated to use the game and to collect such things cause I really like them. But on the other hand this cutting corners approach they went into is something I don´t like cause it will lead us to a never ending loop till they are able to balance teams, finish the fixing of old content and release resources to focus on new things. That´s why I think they should slow down, resolve the current issues and then continue before the fire spreads too much.

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  37. michael hooley

Last year I purchased a top of the range gaming computer for £1850, I have lot's of heavy usage software, Inc Photoshop, HD Video editing and Photo programmes, plus TS2021, Trainz, all work fine. But about 50% of Services or Scenarios in TSW2 result in a Unreal Engine crash. i have followed DTG advice and all the recomendations on this forum and I still have the problem.

I thought I had cracked it by removing my internet connection, i completed 2 services without a problem, but the following day the crashes were back.

Then after the disappointment of I.O.W, I have decided to vote with my money and not purchase anything else from DTG for TSW2 until a solution is found.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

In response to the OP releasing new DLC isn't going to impact how quickly updates and fixes get released.

No game is ever going to be 100% perfect no matter how much time we invest working on it. We aim to meet a standard that we are proud of and that the community are also pleased with. Lately we have been missing that mark and the community have been providing us with feedback about where we need to do better. We are listening.

For content that has been around a long time and is still waiting for a fix, this is why the preservation crew came into existence. The entire purpose of that team is to look into, and fix problems that have been around for too long.

Some of these issues simply require a bit of time to resolve. And I can understand it must be frustrating being told you have to wait for a fix, when you have already been waiting for such a long time.
    A delay for an update doesn't mean it's not happening. It means we are making sure that when you do get the updates the problem is finally resolved. We don't want to rush an update you have patiently been waiting for and end up disappointing you further.

Additionally some updates are not a straightforward fix. A perfect example of this is the AMD crashes.
    We previously thought we had found the cause for this problem and implemented a fix, yet the issue persists so we continue to work on it. We aren't going to drop and forget a problem because it's challenging.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for your understanding and to take the time to listen to us and to react to improve things. Despite the criticism I´m sure there´s a nice path ahead together. I´m really looking forward for the future and the huge potential this game can offer to us.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  40. solicitr

Sorry, Mike but the crashes are on you. I don't gave a 'top of the range gaming computer', yet TSW2 has crashed on me all of 3 times in over 500 hours. Meanwhile, Valhalla......

• Like Like x 4
  41. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I really like your posts, have almost an identical opinion but not created as much tickets like you ;-)

Because of what Natster just wrote I keep coming back (to the forums at least) and check in regulary. I don't want the product to fail (not just because of the money I put into it) because I have spent many many hours with it having fun most of the time. At the moment I'm anoyed by the sound problems because audio is so important for my personal immersion . It's "playable" of course but ... yeah you know what I mean. They fix stuff but it takes really long time, I'm okay, they deserve their fair chance to get out of the mud. BUT I really really really [...] hope they don't abandon the fixing at some point.
    I changed my approach to DLC to just buy "German content" and saved quite some money the last releases ;-) That's me voting with my wallet to a degree I'm okay with without feeling bad for the developer. I hope I don't look back in some years thinking "at least they tried" ...

The more communicative approach here in the forums from DTG to feedback is apreciated! "We hear you" takes pressure out of the sails I think.

• Like Like x 1
  42. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Main thing I am looking for is a fix to the save game, which makes it impossible to rely on keeping Timetable mode going between multiple play sessions. Purely IMHO I think that should be near the top of the agenda as it completely negates buying routes with intensive service levels but then being unable to keep it going, so to speak.

• Like Like x 3
  43. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The things with the scenarios that you can't complete because of errors are exactly what's so annoying, and then there's the fact that you submit the errors, which are also confirmed by a reply from support, but nothing happens afterwards. These are errors that prevent you from playing the game. They are not fixed and they do not end up on the roadmap. You have to ask yourself, why you should continue to write texts, screenshots and videos, if you have the feeling, that nobody is interested.
    After the now many buggy releases of DLC's I have decided for myself that I will no longer buy them at launch, as I have done so far. I would love to play SEH, but I'll pass on it for now until everything is really fixed. And that's how I'll do it with future DLC as well. Even if that means I may never play them then. But sorry, this way of releasing DLC so far is just not what you are allowed to offer to the customer. And if now already the next two DLC were announced, then I'm afraid and fear whether their quality.

• Like Like x 4
  44. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I've read everything you said geloxo and I must say I agree with all your points. However I have not created 300 tickets lol. My opinion on the matter is that it is frustrating to create tickets about bugs and they don't get fixed. I rembember creating tickets on the tunnel glitch in tsw2020 and rro crashing near hagen hbf and those issues weren't fixed and by that time tsw2 came out. It does feel frustrating that when you report issues and they are not fixed. The lirr m7 preserved collection for example. That issue has been going on for 6 months and has gotten no fix. If it was fixed prior to release then nobody would be complaining. Instead dtg cut a corner and released it as it is. Look at the release of sehs and the amount of corners dtg clearly cut on that route. If dtg took their time to polish the route prior to release we wouldn't have all these complaints. This is a good game but the problem I have with the company is how some products are clearly rushed when they don't have to be. That leads to less sales at launch and some may avoid said product. Yes we do get reassurance but these issues take too long to fix and gets frustrating to the point where it leads some to question if this issue is getting worked on at all. We make excuses that dtg are a small company and the preserved crew is a small team which are valid to a certain extent but all these issues are avoidable if they fix these major problems prior to release. I've come to the decision that I will no longer buy a product on day 1 if the quality on a pre-release stream has major problems or problems that are so clear as day but get released anyways. DTG need to fix these major problems before release because when the product gets released, it'll take months to fix which is unacceptable especially if they could've been avoided before release. Geloxo has raised some good points

• Like Like x 1