Flash Sale At Digital Traction.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cat, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Only one thing I'm interested in and I can't purchase it due to a site error..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

NVM I got it, must've been my adblocker blocking a pop-up window, I was a little concerned that it allowed me to go through the whole send to basket, purchase with paypal and then the download file page (5 chances of which three magically disappeared), all without creating an account (which I was waiting and assuming it would prompt me to do at the purchasing stage) so now I have no way as far as I can tell of re-downloading, it did however give the option to send to dropbox which I've done and also downloaded a copy to my PC which I promptly copied and saved to my external backup drive.

I bookmarked the download page which is still active, but that 5 downloads available went from 5 down to the now 1 remaining when I've only downloaded it once and sent it to dropbox once, my math isn't the best but surely that should leave me with a further three downloads not one :|

So I could raise a ticket about that in the future if need be, right? How if I don't even have an account for them to verify my purchase? Very odd system.

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Hmm... I've just looked at my invoice from DT and they didn't discount 60% from one item and like you had an error when trying a download. I've never had a problem with DT before.

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks to you Cat I've now thought of checking my e-mail, I do indeed have an automatically created account by the looks of things and a receipt sent confirms my purchase (with the 60% discount), all I had to do was claim the account by resetting the password it seems.

Cat did you actually get to download anything? If not this is what I did..

I actually got access to the download by purchasing and getting to the download page using chrome on my Android tablet and then bookmarked it, being chrome I just then opened the download bookmark once I was at my PC and that's when I actually clicked on download, that's why I suspected it was down to some pop-up or adblocker on my PC version of Chrome.

Don't know if you can try the same method?

6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

From my pc using Chrome the first two downloads went ok, the third gave me the error message. I will be in touch with DT.

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Did you get your other purchases sorted Cat?

I was only really interested in that one BR wagon pack and that was because of the hot coil carriers (BLA), hardly surprising seeing as I am literally within touching distance from them most nights, well, when I say touching distance the heat touches me, I no touchy them. :D

9. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

No, I've only emailed DT today and await their reply. I was after their Milk Tank pack which has not been reduced. :(
    Hot Coil carriers? That's a new one on me, what are the coils used for?

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You have two types of steel coil produced at TATA in Port Talbot, cold rolled coils and hot rolled coils, they go through different cooling and reheating processes whilst being rolled to produce different types of steel for different applications.

A lot of the coils leaving Port Talbot by rail go on to Trostre, Llanwern or Shotton for further finishing processes, of course there are finished or part finished coils which are packed wrapped and shipped to customers either via Round Oak, Bird Port or by road (yep that's me) there are roughly four mainstay coil wagons IHA Sfhimmns (how exactly they differ from the TTU Shimmns we have in-game I'm not sure but they look pretty much identical to me), BYA, BLA and BZA's with some slab being carried on BAA's

A hot rolled coil that has come off the rolling mill will take roughly three to five days to cool enough to touch, we have a saying if you spit on a coil and it spits back it's still too hot to touch

Edit:
    If you look at the discoloured semi circle on these cradles, that is caused by hot coils.
    [​IMG]
    Not my picture, Googled for reference image, full credits go to original author @ https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Interesting, thanks for the education. Many many years ago I made a corporate video for a company that made machinery used in steelworks. We did some filming in a steelworks in Rotherham. The building dated back to Victorian times, the roof, broken open in places leaked. They were rolling steel rod from red hot ingots about 2ft long and 6 inches square through a series of rollers squeezing it down to 1/2 an inch. As it came out two men grabbed it with long tongs and whipped it into an S shaped channel to put the spring into it. Looked pretty dangerous to me.