Sehs Tight Timetables

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by whiteleym#4287, Feb 6, 2021.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

That's quite possible, but then all the timetables are basically wrong. Not so much that you can't get gold on them but they're constantly annoying.

There wouldn't be too much adjustment needed, however. I did a Javelin service from London to Faversham and there are basically two really critical points. First, from Gravesand to Strood, you accumulate exactly 1 minute of delay. Then by the time you get to Sittingbourne from Rainham, you get exactly 1 more minute of delay, so I think these two stops should have one more minute of time each. Or, if it's an easier fix, maybe the speed limit could be increased on these stages of the route. Maybe not fully realistic but the game does make compromises here and there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You have to drive the 395 like you've stolen it to remain on time. Straight to Notch 4 when pulling away all the time, it's possible, but challenging to master, which is what I like about SEHS.

Also you aren't technically late in the real world until you're over 5 minutes later than your booked arrival time at a station.

• Like Like x 1
  3. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

It would be good if some of these short timings could be addressed in a future patch. It's clear it's not just me that can't keep to time (even when driving the train like a racing car).

4. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I just show up late and tell the passengers "We are experiencing some slight delays, France has stolen all our power to make weird edm music. While we wait for the junglist massive to reclaim the rave and get our power back please enjoy some tea."

They seem to be alight with the timing issues after that.

5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

After having completed many services with the 395, with a comfortable, I-don't-really-care approach I accumulate almost exactly 2.5 minutes of delay. It doesn't even matter whether you depart before time because either way you'll get stuck at a red signal just before Strood (coming from London), or have a too tight schedule in the middle, slow sections anyway. It's simply not calculated right and is not even down to the train's slower acceleration. All in all, I think the route should be 2.5-3 minutes longer with the schedule.

That said, even with a safe approach and having almost 3 minutes of delay, it's possible to get gold medal. My score is usually around ~16,200 AP in both directions.

• Like Like x 2