PlayStation Playstation 5 On Order???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think I might have managed to snag a PS5. Until it’s under the TV, I won’t be 100% certain.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing...

• Like Like x 6
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’re very welcome! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I've had mine since day 1.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Argos or Very? Believe they both dropped some stock today.

Been looking for weeks now, near impossible with bots etc

I’m thinking of just moving to a PRO purely to enjoy TSW2 in 4K

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I got it with Very. It looks like the order was successful - its being processed anyway. I did try Argos last night, was up until 2.30am (I must be mad), but it proved futile.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Argos usually drop around 3 or 4am. That's how I snagged mine on pre-order. It did take me 3 attempts though to finally get one (3 payments were processed though).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Excellent, did very drop at 10am like the mystery sites predict?

saw the rumour of Argos due in the wee hours.

You must have the platinum now surely? ;) All this overtime on SEHS...

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Very didn’t go live until about 1.20pm. Fortunately I was on the page at the right time to snag it. Delivery is showing as before 11 March, so still a little while to wait (unless they dispatch early). I’m hoping to get the Platinum trophy later. I’ve not managed to spend any more time on the game up to now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t recommend it purely for TSW, I did this with an Xbox One S to a One X and the difference was minimal, obviously you might get a better result with a pro but I’d recommend looking into it with some scrutiny.

11. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

If you want good graphics with tsw honestly just buy a modest gaming pc and connect it to your TV. Cold hard truth is it’s never gonna look great on either console. I was actually quite shocked at the minimal differences between PS4 tsw and PS5 tsw. Wasn’t expecting vast improvements but a little more than what I did see.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

not sure why I said purely. Have a wonderful collection of other games that have PRO updates.
    Aware there are none for this game but 4K I’d be happy with.

what? My standard PS4 is set to ultra gfx and looks great why would I need a PC? ;)

bad jokes aside I’m too old for gaming computers.

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I haven’t bought the PS5 purely for TSW 2. It will be used with other games, though TSW 2 will be my go to game for a while yet. From what I’ve seen on YT, frame rate increases and smoother performance is the main benefit. Until the graphics are modified or optimised to take advantage of the PS5’s capabilities I’m not expecting much (if anything) to change between PS4 Pro and PS5.

• Like Like x 3
  14. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

There isn’t a PS5 version - it’s just running the PS4 Pro version in backwards compatible mode.

About all you get from that is a more stable framerate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

TSW is the only game I really play (I don't even have PS Plus at the moment). As much as I'd love a PS5, it just isn't worth shelling out that kind of cash just for an increase in frame rate but no graphical enhancements.

Hopefully one day DTG will release a next gen version with better graphics, increased draw distances etc. that take advantage of the increased specifications. If they do, I'll consider the upgrade. The cost of a reasonable spec. gaming PC, plus the cost of buying all the DLC again would be considerably higher than £349.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

If (when?) DTG release a proper PS5 version I’m hoping they’ll make good use of haptics.

A nice little tick for the track joints and a clunk through triggers for each step of power and brake. Could be a nice touch.

Actually Steam could be pretty good with haptics too.

That’ll be for TSW3 I guess - maybe even 4.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

When you look at the specs of the PS5, it's really a very powerful machine. It would compare very favorably with a good gaming PC and very affordable. It does need a new version of TSW2 to take advantage; however, as DTG Protagonist said, " It would mean testing 5 versions for each new release, not a small amount of work ".

• Like Like x 6
  18. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Get Watchdogs Legion...the ray tracing is spectacular...graphics have come a long way since the blockiness of the ZX 81!

• Like Like x 3
  19. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Seeing as we're sharing PS5 stories, I now realise how fortunate I was to get one at release, I'd registered my details for preorder with Smyths, Game, Amazon and Argos, got an email from Smyths at 11.55pm on the Wednesday night about 2 weeks before release day, went straight on there and preordered the disc version and the Pulse 3D headset.
    Weird thing was they released accessories a week before the Europe release date so I went and collected the headset and had it sat in the box for a week. Collected the console the following week unaware of the s**tstorm that was about to unfold regarding availability.
    TSW2 was the first game I played on it, and the difference from the PS4 Pro was immediately noticeable. Was like playing a new game initially, with the increase in frame rate, the honeymoon period and all.
    I wish everyone the best of luck in their efforts to snag a PS5, scalpers make me sick. Because in every way the PS5 is definitely worth every penny. Of course, I then had to buy a 120hz TV, but that's another story.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A new TV won’t be long coming lol.

21. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I ended up paying more for a new monitor than I did for the PS5 itself, isn’t easy finding a decent screen that does 4K, with a good refresh rate & response time.

But all in all the difference is substantial, TSW 2 feels like a new game on PS5.

• Like Like x 5
  22. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

My old TV was 6 years old, it's now on the bedroom wall, 4k but not HDR, always tried to convince myself that HDR wouldn't make much difference, how wrong I was.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's always a poo storm when new or limited edition items come out and it's not just consoles. Sony has history though with pre-orders and limited editions (just look at how many genuine gamers got hold of the special blue PS4 pro 2Tb or the grey one that looked like a PSOne).
    I got lucky though with the pre-order. Snagged one from Argos at 4am on the first day they did them (Friday). The day before I had tried with Curry's but their site crashed so I went into the nearest store (pre-lockdown) and pre-ordered 2 that day for collection on release day.
    Yes, I ended up with 3 PS5's but one was for me, one was for my nephew for Christmas and the 3rd one I sold to my brother in law on release day (I didn't scalp him and only charged him the retail price).

Yep, TSW2 does look good running on PS5 in 4K as do a lot of other games. The pro enhanced games look even better than they did before, especially with ray tracing.
    HDR (specifically HDR10) really does make a difference. Colours are so much more vibrant. Sometimes it makes my eyes hurt looking at the detail on the screen.

I ended up getting a new, bigger screen tv 3 days after Christmas specifically with 120hz refresh rate in 4K just for the PS5. The tv I bought upscales everything to 4K, even standard definition tv channels and non-enhanced DVDs.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

what TV/Monitor have you got in mind?

again being nosey, what monitor do you know own?

amazed that the early 4K TV’s didn’t have HDR to start with.

I used to sport a 56” 21:9 Phillips beast for years
    These were five grand plus at the time.

with more and more UHD content both film and games. Had to leave it behind. Best 1080 screen you’ll ever see.

now proud owner of a panel that does Dolby vision for movies. Oops I mentioned Dolby on a thread that’s discussing a PS5 :D too soon?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not too sure to be honest. I’m not really clued up on the latest TV tech.

26. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Wonder if someone will moan we’ve gone off topic a little? We want you to enjoy TSW2 with the best visuals possible :D

what’s the budget? Am sure others here will be able to throw down suggestions.

27. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

LG 27GN950, a 4K version of the LG 27GL850, if you wanted a cheaper version that does 1440p output.

The GN950 clocks in at £749 which is pretty pricey, but it’s the price you pay for a 4K 144hz screen with a decent refresh rate.

The GL850 is the same thing but with a 1440p output, however the bonus of this is that while the PS5 doesn’t officially support 1440, this monitor will accept 4K signals and downscale it quite well to 1440p.

28. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

that is an awesome monitor. Got ya HZ and instant response time, nice.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I quite like the look of the
    Samsung 2020 55" Q80T QLED 4K HDR 1500 Smart TV

• Like Like x 1
  30. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

just looked on JL and said 14 others viewing this right now. Thought wonder if anyone from here was looking :D

it’s tricky to see something like this in the flesh although my current TV I took a gamble.

£1000 seems like a sensible amount for treat such as this.

• Like Like x 2
  31. flickyhecky

I've got a Sony 55" smart TV.

I ordered the PS5 and a pair of Pulse 3D headphones from Base last year...I got the PS5 the day before release, and the Pulse headphones only turned up last week after not being in stock.

Transferring your PS4 data is a doddle if you follow the on screen instructions

• Like Like x 1
  32. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

What TV is it?

33. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's a Sony Bravia 55" Full Array LED 4K HDR Android smart TV (2020 model).
    My previous model was a 2019 Bravia 49" LED Android TV 4K HDR smart TV but it didn't have HDR10 or 120Hz refresh rate, nor did it upscale everything to 4K.

• Like Like x 1
  34. flickyhecky

Is that the KD 55 XF 9005 model?

35. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I have a Sony XF9005 TV series. I am completely satisfied with her. It has a very nice 4K HDR image. I bought it with a PS4 pro. Now I'm waiting for the PS5. Hopefully there will be better accessibility in July.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, it's the XH95 one.

37. flickyhecky

Just found out you can actually use your Sony TV remote for basic functions on the PS5 home screen.

My TV (mentioned above) was £850 from Curry's...could've been worse, I was drooling over the £2,000 80" screen until I came to my senses!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Most tv's these days have the ability to control external HDMI devices. I've been able to control my PS4's for years using the TV remote and with my new one (as mentioned earlier) I can even control my Virgin TiVo boxes.

39. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I have had a PS5 and Series X since day one, TSW1 was never even given a PS4 Pro or X patch but the frame rate is much better on the new consoles I knew instantly frame rate was better on PS5 over the Pro went back the other day and it was noticeable. TSW2 does have a Pro and Xbox One X patch but nothing for the new systems although they do look very nice now, TSW1 looks very low res on consoles

I hope that TSW3 will have native versions for PS5 and Series X to take advantage of SSD speed and better CPU's

• Like Like x 1
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

PS5 arrived today. Heck, it’s massive lol.

I’m starting TSW 2 a fresh with a brand new profile. Just installing all the DLC.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Have some fun with it matjamca.
    I rarely use the PS4 now (just for Netflix and other streaming services) as all my PS4 games are installed on an external HDD.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On PS4 Pro it took 1 minute 21.04 seconds from launch, to the appearance of the DTG Logo animation.

On PS5 it took only 27.02 seconds. That’s almost a whole minute quicker. Impressive!

43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the next generation, who says money cannot buy time.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

One niggle I have noticed is DTG Live keeps asking if I want to login automatically. I’ve selected ‘Yes’ but I’m asked each time I start the game. It never did that on the PS4 Pro.

45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I haven't had that personally, but I have seen others mention it & it isn't a PS5 only issue.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It usually takes a while for it to bed in. I'm hardly ever asked to log in to DTL now (except when there's server issues).

• Like Like x 1
  47. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

quicker than the original shipping date :)

have you looked up how many hours TSW2 you clocked up to get the platinum?

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not yet. I forgot about that feature. I’ll let you know ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

The suspense is killing me :D

you got a mention on the stream tonight made me chuckle. Had no idea there was a dodgy collectable on LIRR that was so tricky to get :o

50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It took me approx 385 hours to get the Platinum Trophy.

I didn’t know there was a collectable that was tricky to get. I know there are two cones left over from the NEC route and an extra map that shouldn’t exist, but everything else I was able to get no issue.