PlayStation Tsw2020 Collectors Edition + Cn Oakville Module

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by borg#1850, Feb 23, 2021.

1. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Hello
    I have the Edition mentioned in the subject line for the PS4 and wanted to know if the CN Oakville Module for the PS4 will work with it? Do I need to buy a complete new version of TSW (if so which version, as there are many) and if I do, will it just upgrade what I have already and I keep all my games and add on modules or do I have to start all over again :-( .
    I do not want to really have multiple version of TSW on my PS4 taking up space, equally I do not want loose all the progress I have made. Looking forward to help on this matter. :)
    Thanks
    Chris

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There is a TSW2020 version of Oakville as I bought it in December.
    If you go to the game page in the PS store, you'll see any add-ons that are compatible with TSW2020.
    Make sure you select the TSW2020 page and not TSW2 though.

Alternatively, you can go to the store page in-game which will ensure you have the correct version.
    You don't need to buy another version of TSW2020 to get the DLC content as you already have the base game included in the collectors edition.

3. borg#1850

Thank you Nick.
    Really enjoying this. I model Trains around Toronto 1950-1960's, so being able to (Even if it is modern times) play trains in Canada is great. At present Operating the Northern Trans-Pennine route. Looking to enjoy the Class 20's. I had not noticed that there was two store fronts on PS Store. I shall login in while in the game then to buy what I want, then should only get what I can use. By mistake I bought Northern Trans-Pennine again and got charged for it, even though it come in the game version I have!

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
    Sounds like you may have bought the TSW2 version by accident as once you purchase/download content for the version you want, you can't buy it again for that same version.

Enjoy NTP. It's one of my favourite routes in the UK alongside Tees Valley for freight (you'll need Tees Valley for the class 20).

5. borg#1850

I managed to purchase CN Oakville last night :) I also bought the Tees Valley and Class 20's and Class 31's. Not sure where in the world you are I am in the UK. Looking forward to running some trains. I will in future only buy things once logged into the game.

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm glad I was able to help and you managed to purchase the content you required. I'm sure you'll have a great time driving the various locos on those routes.
    I'm in the UK. NTP is pretty much my local route and TVL is not too far away. I have ridden on both lines in reality (early 2000s).

7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

If that was the TSW2 version that you purchased then as you have not used it you might be able to get a refund if you get in touch with them playstation store.

I purchased a loco by mistake a while ago for TSW2 that I already owned from TSW2020. It was in a sale so it did not cost me a lot and I was not going to bother. But I thought, no they have a lot more money than I do I will explain and try for a refund. A few days later an email to say yes. And a short while after the money was back in my PS wallet.