Train Sim World 2 - Western Glory

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 23, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Diesel_Legends_1920x1080.jpg Immerse yourself in the British Diesel motive power of the 1970s, experience a bygone era with Train Sim World 2 Diesel Legends of the Great Western.

Read the full article here.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

One question, why?

• Like Like x 31
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

So, a 52 (already know that), a 101 (not surprising at all), and an 08 (now that's new).

• Like Like x 4
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's such a shame that this pack doesn't bring any new locos to the table. A Class 117 and you'd have had me waiting at the door to buy on day 1.

Sadly, including stock that I already own, it means that this purchase is far less attractive. I also can't see DTG offering any loyalty discounts to those that have purchased the DLC with these locos previously...

• Like Like x 13
  5. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Except it's not? We've had a BR Class 08 before...

• Like Like x 5
  6. Chiltern Railways

Chiltern Railways Active Member

Why isn't there a Class 117?

• Like Like x 8
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

"Diesel Legends of the Great Western"

One is a shunter and the 101 did not even run between Paddington & Reading...

Also this just appears to be 3* reused locos (the 101 & 08 have already appeared twice even), the route looks like it's still 2015, and so this just appears to be a Scenario & Livery editor creation that we're paying for?

I hope this is cheap, so that when this DLC comes on sale for 50% I can more happily pay the deserved price of whatever this 'product' is supposed to be, because right now it just looks like paid for railtour layers.

*1 is a rebuild.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  8. LucasLCC

Good question. One that a few of us have been asking for weeks!

• Like Like x 3
  9. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Are you being serious with this. It's not april fools yet?

This has to be the worst excuse for a "new" release I have ever seen.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Sorry but if that's what it's gonna be just reskins of locos already in the game from other routes and a new timetable mode then I'm afraid it's a pass from me.

• Like Like x 12
  11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I paid for the 101 twice already, I paid for a 52 that is partially broken in scenario planner already and I paid three times already for a class 08 (09). This pack is a joke in my opinion. At least I know I can save some money.

edit: I only see value here for people who don't own preserved routes. Apart from GWE that is, which you need to run this.

edit2: To me and after seeing the initial reactions here it shows some detachment between DTG and the playerbase. With packs like these, why not go and ask the community first if they 1) wanted something like this 2) under which conditions (would they need to alter visuals, which trains are mostly asked for). I am not familiar with british locos from that period but from what I have heard the signature locos that did run there are just missing, so why bother buying a second grade pack with locos that a lot of long time players most likely already have.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

For the last time foks that think all the locos are just copies the class 52 is rebuilt so its not the WSR one

13. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

As in a new loco to the add-on. Not in general since I know it's already been used before.

14. Chiltern Railways

Chiltern Railways Active Member

Shame, people in the community got angry at me for suggesting it multiple times because they weren't listening.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mclitke

Actually my question would be "How do they think people actually wanted that when they were teased a BR blue 1970 era pack?"
    I do get the why you would do a pack like this, but I don't get how they expect what that pack includes to be a good choice.
    I am not even from Britain or that into british trains and I am disappointed by this reveal. Will be interesting to see if the british folks get angry or excited...

• Like Like x 7
  16. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

Was it not possible to add any new coach types like restaurant, buffet or CK coaches in this pack? It looks like most of this DLC can be bought in NTP

• Like Like x 4
  17. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Wow, this is very underwhelming. Talk about taking the proverbial..

You’re really flogging the Class 101 aren’t you. This is a pass, you didn’t even make it a hard decision for me.

• Like Like x 21
  18. AndrewWhite96

AndrewWhite96 Member

This is pretty disappointing the class 52 is appealing but honestly i wanted an hst in the original livery and a class 117

• Like Like x 12
  19. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Sorry, I’m out;
    From what I can see, this will just be using the stock from NTP, the 08 from TVL, and then the Western from WSR (with a different livery).
    From the photos, there aren’t even any new MK1s, we are only shown BGs, which are literally from NTP.
    Was hoping for better. Also, considering that 101s never ran from Paddington to Reading, I can’t understand why a Class 117 isn’t being utilised, except for the obvious reason of how this is just being reused. And to be honest, an HST would have been far better with a Valenta power unit.
    There was a time in 1976 where both HSTs and 52s ran. Although this wasn’t long, so I can see why this wasn’t done.
    Sorry for going off on one, I’m not someone who normally does that, but this I just wanted to put my penance.

• Like Like x 14
  20. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Maybe because some people like driving old trains.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

As long as they recognise that this is content already present in the game (I know things have been rebuilt from scratch like the 52) and the price reflects that, I will probably buy this. Gives some different gameplay opportunities and the Blue Western's and Mk1 stock will get plenty of use from me. I will be interested in any freight opportunities if that is available, for sure.

In all, it's a rather 'meh' pack, would have been nice to see a brand new loco. However, I imagine this is more of a proof of concept for different timetables on the same route, maybe in the future, we might see something a little more appealing pop up in addition. No point in me being salty about it, if I like it, I buy it, if not, I don't, same with anything else in life.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Why is everyone getting unhappy? This type of thing has been done before, even is TS. I feel like there's some form of bias towards TS here. Even Molemans confused.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Daniel Christopher

Daniel Christopher Member

Everything in this package I've paid the DTG premium for, will I be able to get this pack at a steep discount, as I have Literally Everything in it.
    I've paid:
    £24.99- WSR (Access to be able to purchase the BR Class 52)
    £11.99- WSR BR Class 52
    £24.99- NTP (The MK I's MK II's, 101's )
    £11.99-BRHF (BR Class 08)
    £24.99- TVL (BR Class 08 again, BR Class 101 again)

So I've paid for all these and am now forced to buy them all again!, (some for the third time) if I want access to the new use that's being added. Please tell us the price as soon as you can, and please tell us what the discount is for the people who've already bought everything in the pack, because surely DTG arent that greedy now.

• Like Like x 24
  25. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

The ugly side of the internet, outrage is always waiting for opportunities to emerge. Even so, I feel like DTG may have hyped this up to be something more than it was, failure to offer anything properly shiny and new in a DLC pack was always going to result in backlash from community members.

• Like Like x 4
  26. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

3 trains we already have, 1 of which never ran on the route, and the exact same route . Really?

• Like Like x 5
  27. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Kek, no thanks... (i better bring money for Arosa and Clinchfield :))

• Like Like x 3
  28. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Laughably ridiculous thing to say, but somehow seems to crystalize the way too many here think.

You are under no obligation to buy anything DTG make, and indeed if it makes you this angry I've no idea why you would even consider doing so.

Sometimes I wonder if people know that it is possible to just not buy something you don't like, without announcing it like it is the death of a member of the royal family.

• Like Like x 12
  29. Rail Runner

These forums can be some of the worst I have seen... I completely agree with you there. I’m not getting angry, because I’m not that petty like some here, just slightly disappointed at the Hype, when there really was no need for it.
    Simply put, if you don’t want it, then don’t buy it. It’s pretty easy to understand.

• Like Like x 9
  30. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Like I said the other day, this is a glorified rail tour dlc. The screen shot of the 08 shunting just looks wrong with the modern buildings next to it.

Just awful DTG. Actually, embarrassing.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to “immerse” myself with a 101 under OHLE at a 2015 Ealing Broadway!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 17
  32. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Stay away from the Facebook fan pages or ATS page if people’s opinions are different to yours.

• Like Like x 4
  33. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

oh please, DTG is just trying to milk us further

• Like Like x 11
  34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have bought this anyway because I'm not into old british stuff (I'm also not a huge fan of GWE itself -sorry-), but the shunting part is very intriguing, especially combined with the passenger services (looks like some interesting "turn around" operations will take place at Paddington and Reading), hopefully this experience will lead to this kind of services to be included somewhere else

• Like Like x 3
  35. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The only and i mean only upside to this dlc is if you can use the livery editor on the locos and coaches and wagons included in this pack.

• Like Like x 1
  36. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

The way TSW is there is no opportunity to get any new trains or routes unless DTG or other studios make them so when DTG announce a new DLC with nothing new it's quite fair for people to be upset as they are stuck waiting until another time for new items

• Like Like x 12
  37. Trainiac

Yeah, that makes sense

• Like Like x 2
  38. (1)Ben

(1)Ben New Member

This is very disappointing. Not even one new loco or even scenery changes?

• Like Like x 10
  39. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

There have been three new DLCs announced in the past week and a half, hot off the heels of the release of a new DLC.

I lose track of the sense of entitlement people on this forum have sometimes.

• Like Like x 5
  40. LucasLCC

I think you'll find all of the DLCs were actually announced back in August...

However, when it comes to paying money, entitlement is acceptable.

Bottom line is that it has to be worth buying, otherwise it won't be purchased...

• Like Like x 12
  41. mclitke

And even that can't be a selling point considering they have said they want to make every old train compatible with livery editor at some point. IF that is what you are looking for, one might as well declare this pack a "shortcut DLC" as it saves you the time waiting (like other games do shortcuts with unlocks)...

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rail Runner

It’s their loss not yours if you don’t buy it though.

• Like Like x 3
  43. LucasLCC

Personally, I want to be tempted with exciting content. So in some ways it is a loss to me too.

• Like Like x 2
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m British. I like old BR blue stuff. I like GWE route. So here goes...

Class 101 - Get in, been wanting one of these for ages lolz
    Class 08 - Great to look at, awful to drive. I like to see them driving about so I’m happy it’s included.
    Class 52 - I bought the WSR version about a week before this pack was announced. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn’t have, I’d have waited for this. Then it would have been an instant buy, because of a new (to me) train being included. It’s hardly my favourite of the older trains in TSW, so can’t get too excited by it to be honest.

New timetable - this is what will sell the pack to people like me, who already have the 52/101/08 elsewhere. We may have the trains but we can’t make a proper timetable for them in SP. I’ve driven the WSR Class 52 on GWE and it is fairly easy to pretend the scenery is older by concentrating on the train. It’ll never be fully authentic, so how good is your imagination?

It’s a shame that nothing new has made it, even though the 52 has been ‘rebuilt’. I’m sure a new DMU that’s appropriate to the route would have had this flying off the virtual shelves. I’ll buy this in a sale sometime in the future, not a priority at all.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Rail Runner

Yes, the Hype was underwhelming, which I think has affect most here.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  47. mclitke

Thank you for your insight, this is what I was interested in. I do agree with alot of what you say, and had they included at least one class that we did not have already available to the game, I believe this would have had better reception here already. Nothing wrong with reusing something that works well already, but at least throw a bone...

• Like Like x 5
  48. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So what do you think dtg will charge for this trio of recycled repaints?

• Like Like x 5
  49. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This is a big joke I prefer to wait for the 52 being available in livery editor rather than paying again for it and the 101 & 08...

• Like Like x 2
  50. Trainiac

I think anything above £15 would be a rip-off. Maybe between £10-£15

• Like Like x 3