PC Tsw2 Losing Settings Every Time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by markhazeldine, Feb 22, 2021.

1. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

This might just be my no.1 bug bear in TSW2. Literally every time I fire up the game, it starts up in the lowest resolution and all the stop and mission markers are switched on. I have to turn them off and reset my screen resolution EVERY time I open the game. It's been happening since I first got the game back in October and it's getting very boring now. I heard somewhere on a stream a while back that the team were aware of this issue (or what sounded like it), but nothing has been done so far. Any news on this one?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Weird. Never happened to me.

You can force those things by editing the Userdata.ini file

3. markhazeldine

Oh really? I might have to try that, as DTG just removed this item from the roadmap!

4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Do you have the Windows 10 Malware protection turned on? The stuff that came out just prior to TSW2. If you do then Windows is preventing writing to the game file so it cannot save your settings. That happened to me. Allow the game to write to the file and its all fine.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes. It is about Windows security settings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. markhazeldine

I have AVG Antivirus doing that instead. I can add exceptions to the list, but when you say "game file", what filename do I need to add to the exception list? Is it "Userdata.ini"?

7. paul.pavlinovich

If your game is working properly just let it alone, no need to make changes. Only make changes if the game is not working and if it is not then I would allow the executable access to the entire folder tree that it sits under.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content

Out of interest if you also run TS
    RailWorks64.exe
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RailWorks

8. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have also noticed this on consoles. I have seen this occur every time on Xbox and I have also seen this occur on Playstation as well. But obviously on consoles it is hard to change the in-game files.
    For example on console I would load in and turn off all helping markers on the HUD, Next time I login it is all reset. Even the motion blur toggle fails to save.

I do agree it is frustrating having to change the settings every time. Hopefully this gets addressed sooner than later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. markhazeldine

The game works, in that I can run it and play it. But every time I boot up, I have to change my screen resolution and turn off the markets. Highly annoying. I'll try your suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. paul.pavlinovich

I would log a ticket for that.