Euro Fishing Hooks Need Fixing Asap

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by LEE WXM 85, Mar 13, 2018.

1. LEE WXM 85

LEE WXM 85 Member

Since the update in February I am catching more carp than small fish etc roach Rudd perch tench bream on small hooks also there is no point in having all different size lines to chose from because it doesn’t matter you can use 4 pound line and size 12 hook and still get big carp and catfish and when I’m using size 4 hook I am catching 3pound tench and 3 pound bream and 1 pound roach this really needs fixing I really don’t think it’s fair people paying for dlc when the hooks are all broke

• Like Like x 4
  2. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Last night I caught a 30lb carp on a size 12 hook with 5lb line.

3. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Can not see them fixing it anytime soon there be more lakes in the game before that happens think there more interested in creating more lakes instead of listening to people about relevant issues ie addressing bugs uncatchable fish and glitched achievements

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Can you send us screenshots of when you catch any Roach below 3lbs, Bream below 4lbs or Tench below 3lbs on a size 4 hook? Also let us know what bait you were using at the time

5. LEE WXM 85

LEE WXM 85 Member

So are you trying to say you can catch catch 4 pound tench and 5 pound bream on size 4 hook and if a roach weighs more than 3 pound you can catch him also on size 4 hooks and how come you haven’t asked me to take screenshots of my 30 pound plus carp and 40pound plus catfish I’m catching on size 12 hooks with 6 pound line I have put this thread up so you can look into the hook situation when you brought the February update out people were complaining on the post you put up mate can you just sort the hooks out please so we can all enjoy playing the game again thanks and can you keep us updated​

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

Technically they can take a size 4 hook and in case of bream 2 20mm boilies with enough will and effort from the fish. The issue I have is not them taking the hooks and baits it's the frequency that they do, it should be the odd few not wading through 10-15 small Carp/Bream/Tench to get 1 20lb+ fish when fishing big tackle & strong line. I would rather have no bites and wait longer between bite than the way it is now

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

There is always a chance that the bigger fish will take a smaller hook just like they would in reality. We are monitoring which fish are taking which baits and hooks to see if we need to take any action.

8. Master110

Master110 Active Member

While we understand that it happens way to much.

There are a few things that you need to look at.

30lb fish on 5lb line = snap 9 times out 10

When a smaller fish is hooked on 30lb line wouldn't you be able to reel it in in seconds? why does it take all day to reel in like its a 30lb fish?

Float fishing again still needs fixing. Make the float bigger so we can see it go under. And you don't always lose the fish when when you put the rod down.

Why can't you put the rod down anywhere on the lake. I do it all the time in real life.

You're getting huge amount of backlash on fb because you're selling DLC without fixing the game.

IMO its still beta.

9. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

Agreed and they will max out the tension and get stuck on the danger point every single time and snap off, sorry but a 7lb fish wont snap a 25lb line period. Needs fixing

They are looking at overhauling float fishing last I heard so will wait and see but as has been said right now it's useless and needs a major rework.

Most venues with set pegs wont allow you to peg up anywhere but the pegs, go stalk & single rod if you want to fish a specific spot is the perfect compromise, so no issue here.

Yet if they just did a simple Roadmap that told people what the devs priorities are for the year ahead broken down in to targeted quarters that would calm most people down and keep the player base informed as to the direction of the game going forward. This to me is the most important thing they need to do to stop all the negative feelings that have been around for a good 6 months now

• Like Like x 1
  10. LEE WXM 85

LEE WXM 85 Member

I really enjoyed playing this game before update in February everything was was working fine if u you was using size 4 hooks you wasn’t catching small tench bream or roach of if your using size 12 hooks with small baits casters maggots etc catching boss fish carp and catfish I just hope you can look into this situation and sort it out please as you can see from other people’s comments it needs fixing

• Like Like x 1
  11. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

The statement above is not entirely true, the multiplayer has been broken for a long time, now it is fixed and the host advantage has been cured, the uncatchable big ghostie is now being caught, but it is true the fish getting caught on inappropriate rig/bait combos is too common. Makes the species specific tournaments very difficult. Basically if maggots and small hooks are used together roach Rudd and perch should be swarming the catch rate with maybe the odd big carp getting caught. Unfortunately the opposite is happening. Cure this and we are looking at a reasonably good fishing simulator.

• Like Like x 3
  12. LEE WXM 85

LEE WXM 85 Member

I agree with you there is a chance a bigger fish will take a smaller hook but it should be a low chance of catching them. If your using size 12 hook with maggots and other small baits the catch rate should be higher for catching roach rudd bream tench perch. And if your using size 4 hooks with 20mm tigernuts and boilies you should not be catching small tench bream perch roach rudd. Is there any news in fixing this matter please DTG STEPHEN

13. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Unfortunately the fish snapping of within a second of taking bait still persist in freedom fishing mode. Every session , all the time. They didn't fix it at all for freedom fishing. And this hook size issue makes this game the most mickey mouse arcade fishing game available at the moment. It needs to be fixed , period.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  14. harold

harold Active Member

only problem with this game is the hook issue the rest of it is as been sorted

15. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Nope it hasn't. I average at least 15 snap offs per hour in freedom fishing

16. harold

harold Active Member

never have that problem what line and drag setting

17. harold

harold Active Member

try stronger line and use drag setting 34 if your after carp catfish use ridge money braid the highest breaking stain if you break off on that your giving the fish to much stick

18. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Hahahaha , I'm not a rookie bud. I know how to play the game. Been here more than a year. Pay attention now to what the problem is. The fish snaps off within a second even before you pick the rod up. Line thickness and drag setting is irrelevant. We that are affected by this bug have tried everything , thickest line , lowest drag , even re-installing. It's a GAME BUG and it's present in both the XB1 version and PC version. It doesn't appear for everyone ( sounds like you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't have the bug ) , but for those who are stuck with the bug it's extremely annoying and it has been there for more than a year now. Most people had this in multiplayer when they were not the host , some ( like me ) have always had it in single player as well and it is still there.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  19. harold

harold Active Member

my mistake im ps4

20. kirtiss

kirtiss New Member

i think people are forgetting that snapping off early can happen in reality, its the nature of the sport, making it to much like a game ruins it, this is a fishing sim, yes there may be some small bugs and issues but there being figured out.

i seen people complaining about frequency of catch, to be fair if it wasn't like that the game will lose a lot of players, there is a fine balance here between game and sim and in all honesty i think it's close to bang on.

21. harold

harold Active Member

i agree alot of the bugs sorted

22. Aaron Plowright

Aaron Plowright New Member

I've captured a video of me catching a boss carp on 3lb line, think it was Norax. And yes, I know he's a 60lb+ fish. I'm trying to catch the last few specimens I need for Presa (1 roach and the bream) so I'm waggler fishing on 3lb line but instead of the target fish I've had Scar about 4 times, Junior 3, Fishy Mcfishface, Norax and others so far all on size 12-16 with bread, worms and pinkies. Let me know of you want the video RTF Stephen.