Sam And Rivet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by njkendall42, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

On the Roadmap live stream on YouTube last night Sam singled out Rivet for criticism over less than satisfactory quality of DLC on release ie alot of fixes having to be made. Get your own house in order first! To give just one example SEHS was released with virtually no sound, made worse by the fact that it was like it when you demonstrated it on YouTube before release!
    Things get broken on release I understand that, but DTG are far from perfect and shouldn't really be having a go at others.
    I love tsw and get many hours of pleasure from it by the way. I congratulate everyone involved in making it. Sorry Sam but that wasn't fair.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I don’t think he meant it like that.

The question was about DTG’s own quality control when publishing third party routes and he was accepting that DTG is responsible for making sure the products they publish are good and that sometimes things fall through the gaps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The topic was regarding quality control over third party - do we get any say in whether their releases are up to "standard". That's why I mentioned Rivet. As much as they came good with Isle of Wight after updates, the console release should have been caught prior to launch. DTG's own releases sometimes fall short of where they should be in a QC sense, and for balance I should have said that too, but it was a question specifically about 3rd party.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. njkendall42

njkendall42 Member

Ok. Thanks Sam. Maybe I took it out of context. It just didn't come across quite right. My apologies.

• Like Like x 2
  5. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Sometimes?

I would say that QC or apparent lack of, has been one of the biggest gripes about most of the products to date.

Also, does DTG not check on products produced by other parties that are being released under the DTG banner? Or do you just take that developers word that all is good?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locked at OP's request.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.