Train Sim World 2 - Arosa Linie Announcement

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 19, 2021.

1. trainplayer59

trainplayer59 Active Member

But we are in 2021 ans we are not waiting for old recycled things!

• Like Like x 2
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I also think that the screenshots they have released all looked great and as it’s still a work in progress. I have faith in Rivet to deliver when the line releases. As for the way they handle AI traffic I am also hoping for the same, as having to stop or slow down depending on traffic flow could really make running the same services twice feel like something different. I’m sure it’s not something that simple but I really think this is important to a route that runs through city streets and deals with pedestrian and automotive traffic.

• Like Like x 4
  3. trainplayer59

With the Ge 4/4 II 628 in screenshot Arosa for TSW2 was already not looking good. With the new "promotion" video, the worst is now to be feared!

TSW 2 | Guard Signal Demonstration on the Arosa Line | Coming Soon!

1) It is not the driver who activates the departure authorization but the conductor. It does this by turning a key in the dock box and not by pressing a button. (Of course this error, undoubtedly voluntary, makes development savings, a recurring habit at Rivet Games)

2) Then the driver goes down on the track, then runs to give the authorization to leave before returning to his machine and getting into it by going back through the tracks ... crazy!
    So as long as the multiplayer promised for years for TSW (1 or 2!) Remains a promise, avoid sci-fi behavior that has absolutely nothing to do with railway simulation

3) On this path there is, starting again from the signal: a lamppost post, a post for the catenary with the indications 2A and Arosa and, finally, a lamppost on which is fixed the orange box of instructions. .

4) Most of the time, the train stops on track 1, alongside the station building with, thus, a direct exit on the station square and towards the city

5) There is no speedometer sign at the entrance to the tunnel

6) As Rivet Games recycled a Ge 6/6 II instead of a Ge 4/4 II + a pilot car for the Engadine line, for Arosa in TSW2 it "recycles" a Ge 4/4 II instead of an ABe 8/12 Allegra, the only motor vehicle planned for this line for the period up to March 2021 ...

If the rest is the same, Rivet Games will be true to itself: bad amateur work (and that's probably why it gets along so well with DTG...)

• Like Like x 4
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The route is set in 2015.

• Like Like x 2
  5. matthewbguilford

This video could have been made at any point during production. It may have been recorded months ago as they were still working on it so I wouldn’t give those things to much criticism. As for the signaling how exactly this is used and implemented throughout the route will be interesting and we will have to wait and see but I’m glad to see 3rd parties trying something different.

• Like Like x 5
  6. trainplayer59

We are in 2021! So I'm not waiting for a DLC that is 6 years behind reality. And if we stay in the time of Ge 4/4 II, we would need a pilot car...

• Like Like x 2
  7. trainplayer59

This DLC is only recycling in TSW2 from DLC for Train Simulator 2017!

• Like Like x 2
  8. matthewbguilford

I have never played Arosa line on Train Simulator. I have seen videos and always hoped that we would see something like it on TSW someday. Seeing it announced on the roadmap back when TSW2 launched was one of the biggest surprises to me and I have definitely been quietly waiting for it to release. It looks like Clinchfield will be coming out soon too for TSW2 which will be set in the late 1970s.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm still looking forward to this DLC. I'm sure it has some flaws, but I think I'll be able to enjoy the route. I'll wait for release before I judge how bad/good the route is.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

That’s a really good idea, maybe we all should try this until we have informations how the route looks at the moment ;)

• Like Like x 7
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If there were only ever new trains made then train simulators would be very dull indeed. There is a huge amount of history in the railways of the world and the last six years is only a small percentage of that. New does not always mean better either.

• Like Like x 16
  12. Swisstrains

So a quick update:
    Jasper said that the mountains in the video are what they look like at the moment.
    BUT they are still heavily working on them, but we shouldn’t expect an AAA landscape like in Assasins Creed, cause they have limits (especially because of the X-Box)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Swisstrains

Oh, and I forgot to answer to the good idea with the button:
    Rivet can’t change buttons, so you will have to walk to the orange box or go there with the camera.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Xbox Series X has the best Horsepower to get all the Mountains, also Xbox is More powerful as Sony.

You Need to See Forza Horizon How they get the Mountains and Background.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Swisstrains

don’t know, he said X-Box is giving them the limits

• Like Like x 1
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just because one Xbox might be more powerful than the rest, it doesn’t mean that the Xbox build can be tailored to that, it has to be tailored to the weakest Xbox, which I presume would be the S.

Also taking any other game and saying “this looks like this here why doesn’t it look the same in every other game” is a bit extreme, especially one such as forza with the backing that game has.

• Like Like x 2
  17. solicitr

And NTP is set in 1980. Your point is?

I think what you are saying is that you want the Allegra, but for many of us, the iconic Ge 4/4 is the reason to buy the route.

• Like Like x 8
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dtg still work there Game for the Xbox One and PS4 from 2014, that’s why the game looks like Trash.
    If they make TSW 3 only for Xbox Series, PS5 and PC so they got all the Power.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Swisstrains

exactly.
    Especially the Arosa line with a top speed of 35km/h, where you go 33-35 km/h most of the time would be really lame only with a train where you can set a maximum speed.
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice train!
    But I would rather see it as an add on later on, than as the only train on this route

• Like Like x 4
  20. Swisstrains

maybe later on... But not at this point, where you don’t even get a Ps5 for the next 7 Months!

• Like Like x 2
  21. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

... exactly. Last time I went for a xbox they were sold out within 10 seconds throughout whole germany. It's actually easier to get a Ferrari right now...

... and since there is no end in sight of this I wouldn't expect any next-gen exclusive TSW version before 2023.
    And in general hardly any next-gen exclusives before 2022. Even optimizations don't make much sense at the moment as only a small minority of users are able to profit from them (and are able to test their functionality at all)..

• Like Like x 2
  22. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yep, buuuuttt right now it is super rare to find someone that owns the PS5 or Xbox Series X/S, or both. It is also super difficult to get your hands on one, as they’re in limited production due to the pandemic. People are also currently a) satisfied with their current consoles, b) can’t purchase a new console right now due to the pandemic and economic difficulties, and/or c) it is super difficult to get one, as already mentioned. And, just because one game has stunning graphics doesn’t mean that another game will, as it depends on the size of the game and how much RAM it takes up in the background, as well as how powerful the hardware is in graphics processing. I’m pretty sure TSW takes up a lot more RAM than Forza, since the game (and hardware) has to handle all the AI trains and timetable, ur train and how it affects the other trains, and on top of that, graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No need to repeat yourself. Personally I think rail transport is not improving time from the aspect of fun. I prefer the old stuff in general.

• Like Like x 4
  24. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

This is Fishing Sim World, a DTG product. A PC exclusive product. *** EDIT - Its on consoles too as well apparently, so big ooof for TSW JezioroBestii_KeyArt_1920x1080.jpg the-catch-carp-and-coarse-Jezioro-Bestii.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  25. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I also have this game and yes the mountains are beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m much more excited for the 4/4, and it sets up the ability to shunt and run around the train and such.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Do not compare the FishingSim with TSW. That's useless. Fishing is a local area with baked light, no tiles that need to load etc.pp.. Doing this in TSW is possible, but a Year of work or maybe two, additional work of course.

• Like Like x 16
  29. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think even the most fervent sperg lords in here would see that a static background is no comparison in any genre.

It is an absolute truth that simulations should not be made for console, ever.
    If you play a console and want to drive a train to RL standards, do your maths and English A levels!

• Like Like x 2
  30. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Given how bad TSWs lighting is I wouldnt even bat an eyelid at a change to baked. You talk asif theyre going to be put out by doing their jobs - maybe they should strive for more and not settle for shoddy, amateur efforts.

We've never seen eye to eye so I do expect you'll have a answer for it about how it would take a lot of work blah blah yawn yawn- but if your game isnt good enough to do something then maybe they shouldnt even bother. I think most people could have said 12+ months ago a alpine route in TSW would look like trash - I think we all know nothing will change.

• Like Like x 2
  31. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

It would, but we are held back by other tech...

• Like Like x 2
  32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Would baked lighting across the entire route even work in TSW given the game is 24 hours, which of course means you can’t have static lighting all day in the same scene?

• Like Like x 3
  33. Swisstrains

that’s right; and we have to remember: It is still WIP. Jasper said that the release date will be announced two weeks before the release.
    And it’s not even in the upcoming section on the roadmap...

• Like Like x 2
  34. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

That's all fair, but really the wip argument gets pulled before every release pretty much, and how often were the final product that positively different from what has been seen from wip to that point?
    I am not saying that there won't or can't be any improvements, what I am saying is that by expecting to get exactly what you have seen already will most likely reduce risk of getting disappointed and improve the chances of getting positive surprises.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Nope, impossible to do if you want to have dynamic ToD. At the moment of course. The new tech that is coming with UE5 in a few years maybe can do that job better. At the moment it is a clear No.

• Like Like x 2
  36. matthewbguilford

Although Fishing Sim world is a DTG product you can’t really compare TSW2 with it. A big part of how a game looks or performs has to do with what’s going on underneath the hood. Fishing sim world may look nicer yes, but it also isn’t having to realistically simulate a train moving along 50 miles of scenery. It would take a lot more then a side by side picture comparison and it being a DTG product to actually compare the two.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Fernbus Simulator be a better comparison, as it's a similarish game genre and also uses Unreal Engine?

• Like Like x 3
  38. Swisstrains

a bit more, but not 100%, because in Fernbus Simulator there is no Train moving 50 km away from you and still has to be rendered a bit either...

• Like Like x 2
  39. matthewbguilford

Exactly, which I think you kind of pointed out. There’s no other game that uses the game engine for what DTG are doing in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  40. matthewbguilford

82768548-826E-4AB6-A81E-8C399557848A.jpeg
    This is from the official Rivet Games forum. Another great reason why we need a 3rd party sub-forum on these DTG forums so 3rd parties can communicate with the majority of the player base.

• Like Like x 9
  41. solicitr

1). The Ge 4/4 II is still in active service on the Arosa and across the RhB, so you can hardly call it "old and recycled."

2). The 4/4 II is iconic, the face of the railway; the Allegra is just another boring EMU.

• Like Like x 11
  42. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Oh, gosh, I hope this doesn't end up like when a certain individual was asking them every day for an update on IoW ;)

• Like Like x 1
  43. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

It sure is, I am watching a new cab ride video which has this locomotive as the power and it is a recent recording. Also want to point out that the conductor box has additional functions which I do hope will be available. It is used to tell the driver to do his standing brake test using the lights in that signal head to ask for an apply, release then test OK all prior to giving the OK to proceed. Also to note, in Arosa line cab videos, when a train has the GE as power that train also has a cab control car at the other end. Hope that this will be modeled in the route.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Swisstrains

for the cab car: It isn’t. Im sorry, but (as we say in Germany) „I have to pull this tooth of yours“, cause it was already answered :/

• Like Like x 1
  45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nonsense. I’ve been playing TSW for over 18 months. On a console. Not only should simulations be made for consoles but lots of people are glad that they are, including me. “Absolute truth” my foot.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

completely agree! What a nonsense.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Agree, the problems with TSW come largely from DTG rushing things, and they've been that way since TS Classic, which is PC only. The other part of its problems come from Unreal, which again isn't console related, it's that the engine isn't build for train sims.

• Like Like x 3
  48. matthewbguilford

I agree, if TSW had never came to console. A lot of people, myself included wouldn’t have these last years of enjoyment that has grown into a lot of people hobbies. That alone is much more powerful then a PC.

• Like Like x 5
  49. trainplayer59

1) The "Lokdienst RhB - Winter 2020/2021" (official RhB document) indicates that the ABe 8/12 Allegra provides all services on the Arosa line
    2) The Ge 4/4 II will be very quickly withdrawn from service (like the Ge 6/6 II)
    3) We can also have, with a Ge 4/4 II, the composition "shuttle" in blue livery decorated with flower...
    4) It is your right to think that the Allegra "ist just another boring EMU" (like many English, American or German trains offered in TSW2) ;-)
    5) The "old and recycled" concerns the fact that Rivet Games takes the elements of Thomson Interactive for the Arosa line released in 2017, adds a thin layer of TSW2 style polish and does not bring anything new except a few important mistakes or at least an impossible situation in reality...

• Like Like x 3
  50. solicitr

1) In 2015, when the route is set, The Ge 4/4 II was the primary traction on Arosa.

2) The 4/4 is THE iconic locomotive associated with the route. It is picturesque, like the route. The Allegra is, as you say, just "like many English, American or German trains offered in TSW2." We have the things coming out of our ears, and all those cookie-cutter 422/423/425/442s etc etc have all the personality of an airport waiting area.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 10