New Route: Manchester - Stoke

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by isaac47593, Feb 24, 2021.

1. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Description
    The route runs from Manchester Piccadilly to Stoke-on-Trent for 36 miles and features high speed and stopping services with a range of multiple units, including the tilting class 390.

Map
    MAN-SOT map.png

Trains

Class 390 Pendolino
    Avanti West Coast.jpg

The Class 390 is a tilting train, which would be a first for TSW. It would offer an experience like no other driving around curves at high speeds.

Class 323 49012824442_8d63514237_b.jpg
    These multiple units have a unique traction motor sound that would be fun to hear in TSW. They would operate stopping services on the route.

Class 220/221 Voyager
    CrossCountry_Class_220,_220004,_platform_3,_Stockport_railway_station_(geograph_4525172).jpg

These units are used by CrossCountry, and occasionally stop at unique stations on the route which could offer fun gameplay.

Services
    The Class 390s and Voyagers operate express services on the route, calling at Stockport and Macclesfield. A limited amount of CrossCountry peak time services also stop at Congleton. The Class 323s operate around 30 services through the day stopping at all stations. Stockport Car. M.D. (323s) and Longsight Car. M.D. (390s) are also located on the route which would allow a variety of stock movements to be included with the 390 and the 323, such as the daily Stoke - Stockport ECS move through the night. A small amount of container trains also operate the route in the night, so these could be included as layers from GWE.

DLCs
    There would not be many options for loco DLC, unless the Voyager was not included in the base route. However, I think that it would be better to include it as it would make the experience much more immersive.

• Like Like x 3
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

No offense but first i readed this as Manchester to Stroke

3. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I would certainly love to drive the Voyager in TSW2, and any routes in and around Manchester are very much appreciated by me. As an added suggestion, maybe have the route extended to Trafford for freight services, 66s, 86s, and 90s would all be at home on the line, and it would add a little variety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

This would be a great addition. Maybe even do like the GWE and have a blue pack too. Maybe set in 80s or 90s Be good to turn around XC services, and Maybe bring in the 304 as the local stopper.

• Like Like x 1