PC Seh Another Weird Stopping Point

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

For service 1P24 (class 375) departure 10:00 from Faversham, you have a scheduled stop in Newington. I notice two things:

1. You need to stop at the head of the platform, which means a large walking distance to the stairs. This is not logical.
    2. I did not see car stop markers at the platforms

Not sure if this is as it is in real world, but to me it looks a lot like a bug, given that I also saw strange stop locations at other stations for the class 375.

2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Did does sometimes look strange but can actually make sense. Newington is one of those, where you probably want the train to clear the switch so the passing line can be used, and might require the train going all the way forward even if that means people need to walk a lot. There is a S-sign at the end of the platform.
    If in that specific case all of this is applicable, I don't know, but I could imagine there is actually a reason for it. The same might or might not also apply to Strood station btw., but I think DTG want to look into that.

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I checked again. There are no switches to clear, and I did not see the stop marker. Someone else reports this as well.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/southeastern-high-speed-stop-markers.34750/#post-244736